Should any prior 'agreement' with Democrats be honored by the GOP? This is full-blown war and there are no rules in real war.

This is why the Division Pimps have convinced their tribes that they're "at war".

The perfect excuse for no rules, no responsibility, no honor, no honesty, ignore any agreements.

Kinda like Jihadis.
Once you start using the language of war, everything changes. We can thank Newt Gringrich for this.

We can thank Dims for it. They have been at war with us for decades.
Nope. It comes down to Newt who fundamentally changed politics in this country. Now, bipartisanship is “appeasing the enemy”. Sad really.

This is why the Division Pimps have convinced their tribes that they're "at war".

The perfect excuse for no rules, no responsibility, no honor, no honesty, ignore any agreements.

Kinda like Jihadis.
Once you start using the language of war, everything changes. We can thank Newt Gringrich for this.

Calling it a war just gives the zealots an excuse to lie, their natural impulse.

Kinda like Jihadis.

Nope. It comes down to Newt who fundamentally changed politics in this country. Now, bipartisanship is “appeasing the enemy”. Sad really.
Imagine going through life like that, one eye open only, never willing to honestly look in the mirror.

I wonder if they realize it, consciously or subconsciously.

I can't ask, because you can't believe anything they say. But I do wonder.

Kinda like Jihadis.

Calling it a war just gives the zealots an excuse to lie, their natural impulse.
It changes the dynamics of how we deal with each other. Political opponents become traitors, enemies of America instead of colleagues. That means you can not compromise With them, and everything must have a winner and a loser. Win-win situations imply appeasement. It is a very bad spot we have gotten ourselves into. One of the things that gives me hope is this veterans group committed to putting up veterans to run and one of the things they do is pledge to work bipartisanly.

Kinda like Jihadis.

I really think that your grasp of history is just poor

Kinda like Jihadis.

I really question whether you think at all.

Newt Gingrich fundamentally changed modern politics and it is playing out in more atre ecpxtreme positions and year after year of gridlock. The Dealmakers are dead, retired, or marginalized, and crossing the aisle is punishable at election time.

Kinda like Jihadis.

It changes the dynamics of how we deal with each other. Political opponents become traitors, enemies of America instead of colleagues. That means you can not compromise With them, and everything must have a winner and a loser. Win-win situations imply appeasement. It is a very bad spot we have gotten ourselves into. One of the things that gives me hope is this veterans group committed to putting up veterans to run and one of the things they do is pledge to work bipartisanly.
One of the many excuses they like to make is that "there is no finding common ground". First of all, finding common ground doesn't have to mean finding areas of 100% agreement. We can bend a little bit, if we can just get past our childish egos.

And more importantly, what the zealots can't see is that communication and collaboration can lead to INNOVATION, creating something new together. America used to be able to do that. True story. Starting with the Constitution. But we've lost that skill, and the zealots may never have had it.

We could innovate, back when we were great.

Kinda like Jihadis.

I really question whether you think at all.

Newt Gingrich fundamentally changed modern politics and it is playing out in more atre ecpxtreme positions and year after year of gridlock. The Dealmakers are dead, retired, or marginalized, and crossing the aisle is punishable at election time.

I stand by my assertion.

Kinda like Jihadis.

One of the many excuses they like to make is that "there is no finding common ground". First of all, finding common ground doesn't have to mean finding areas of 100% agreement. We can bend a little bit, if we can just get past our childish egos.

And more importantly, what the zealots can't see is that communication and collaboration can lead to INNOVATION, creating something new together. America used to be able to do that. True story. Starting with the Constitution. But we've lost that skill, and the zealots may never have had it.

There comes a time when one's opponent becomes so removed from the bigger picture you once agreed upon that compromise equates to capitulation, undermining the very thing you swore to defend.

The Democrats slipped off the American cracker long ago. Time to make an end.

Kinda like Jihadis.

There comes a time when one's opponent becomes so removed from the bigger picture you once agreed upon that compromise equates to capitulation, undermining the very thing you swore to defend.

You simply lack the capacity to communicate, collaborate and innovate.

So you give up. Now you want to destroy.

Kinda like Jihadis.

Au contraire, I do not collaborate with an enemy.

Kinda like Jihadis.

“...that compromise equates to capitulation...”. That is the word I was looking for, capitulation. But I don’t agree with what you are saying. I think you are just echoing what the your media keeps feeding you.

There are areas of compromise where both sides come out with something. That is what politics used to be. When you can only have a total winner and a total loser...there is not much of a gain.

Healthcare is one area where the constituents both sides aCtually want some of the same things.

Wasn't that ole' keep it civil and cordial bullshit thrown out the window long ago? Do the democrats deserve ANY honor or respect?
Putin and Xi would be very proud of you. Your post is one only our adversaries could love.

Last edited:

Kinda like Jihadis.

Au contraire, I do not collaborate with an enemy.
I know.

Especially when the repubs were so accommodating to Obama for eight years.

Obama's Supreme Court appointments got one hell of a lot more Republican support than the Democrats have given Trumps.
Ya, like Merrick Garland. They also long long hearings. How long did McConnel allow for Trumps? It record speed, little time for questioning and research

Kinda like Jihadis.

Imagine going through life like that, one eye open only, never willing to honestly look in the mirror.

You are totally delusional of you believe the Democrats weren't waging all out war against Republicans before Newt.

The Thomas and Bork hearings were proof enough of that.

Especially when the repubs were so accommodating to Obama for eight years.
Yeah, they tend to forget that.

I'm the first to admit that I really don't understand a lot of this stuff. But it makes no sense to me that, in essentially a 50/50 country, either side thinks it's going to "beat" the other.

I guess grabbing the courts is the closest thing to longer term control. I do find that interesting, since the Right has been whining for years that the Left depends on judges.

Lots of collateral damage in wars, but that doesn't seem to matter. We certainly have much more evolving to do as a species.
what did obama want that he didn't get?
Merrick Garland

Kinda like Jihadis.

“...that compromise equates to capitulation...”. That is the word I was looking for, capitulation. But I don’t agree with what you are saying. I think you are just echoing what the your media keeps feeding you.

There are areas of compromise where both sides come out with something. That is what politics used to be. When you can only have a total winner and a total loser...there is not much of a gain.

Healthcare is one area where the constituents both sides aCtually want some of the same things.
Give an example.

Kinda like Jihadis.

You are totally delusional of you believe the Democrats weren't waging all out war against Republicans before Newt.

The Thomas and Bork hearings were proof enough of that.
All-out war.

I don't remember the nuclear explosions, bomber jets leveling cities, people wielding bazookas firing them in downtown areas, tens or hundreds of thousands dead.

People like you, those on both ends who are willingly causing so much damage to this country, can't be taken seriously because you apparently can't manage to say serious things.

This kind of ridiculous hyperbole is the behavior of children.

Forum List

Back