What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shiva-Kali: The Media Access Decalog?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Reaction score
Can commerce/media cater to more open-ended dialogue about pluralism/tolerance, or do we bluntly 'expect' that to arise as a 'political boon' of modern 'access-oriented' social networking (e.g., Facebook)?

It's a question of symbolic value for the modern age, so here's a relevant mock-dialogue about media-driven pluralism 'sensibility' between Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and Kali (Hindu goddess of feminine power).

Who would appreciate such a 'mental/social exercise' more, President Donald Trump or First Lady Melania Trump?

Cheers,

====

SHIVA: It's odd that Christians have engaged in persecution (e.g., Salem Witch Trials) but are 'mainstream.'
KALI: That's partially because paganism will always be considered the 'religion of rebels.'
SHIVA: I would imagine that a Wiccan would be offended if you called him/her an overt 'rebel.'
KALI: Yes, a Wiccan (or a 'witch') may feel very personal and 'faithful' about nature-spirit 'divinity.'
SHIVA: Right, so how do we use modern media (e.g., Facebook) to promote pluralism/tolerance?
KALI: Well, the proliferation of 'ideas' in modern media and dialogue caters to open-ended 'reformation.'
SHIVA: Most 'mainstream' films about Christianity are 'optimistic,' but those about paganism seem 'eccentric.'
KALI: Film-makers (Roman Polanski) who 'experiment' with Satanism-themes are wary about free-speech.
SHIVA: Maybe colleges and universities can consider ways to use education to promote objectivity!
KALI: A Satanist wants to welcome a 'non-academic heretic' with open-arms, while Christians frown...
SHIVA: The stereotypes are that pagans/Wiccans/Satanists are 'wild,' while Christians are 'normal.'
KALI: There is also the stereotype that non-Christians are more feminism-oriented...
SHIVA: As you and I know, Hinduism (a pseudo-pagan and certainly non-Christian religion) 'hypes' women.
KALI: Yes, there are multiple female 'deities' in Hinduism, while Christianity offers only Mary/Magdalene.
SHIVA: I get the impression that Satanists would be more 'comforting' to women anxious about deference!
KALI: It does seem that Satanism caters to a female interest in 'liberal' maternalism Machiavellianism.
SHIVA: There's a difference in the 'treatment' of women when comparing Rosemary's Baby to Agnes of God.
KALI: The former film presents an 'alter-ego' of Mary, while the latter presents a 'divined' image of Magdalene.
SHIVA: That's correct, so should we 'assume' that paganism/Satanism is more 'receptive' of 'psychiatry'?
KALI: I think that 'suggestion' has merit in our complicated arena which treats pluralism as a 'task.'
SHIVA: Right, considering how more 'liberal' religions (e.g., Wicca) are 'comforting' may reduce bigotry!
KALI: First Lady Melania Trump may ask, "Should I consider Wicca, so Americans don't call me a 'token'?"
SHIVA: 'TrumpUSA' is arguably both misogynist as well as overtly pro-capitalism, and women feel 'snubbed.'
KALI: Maybe there's a way to translate commerce/media 'access' into 'pluralism concerns.'
SHIVA: I bet you'd love it (my dear wife!) if Facebook catered to a female interest in 'gender-dialogue.'
KALI: I'm a big fan of female talk-shows such as The View and The Talk, so I welcome media-gauged IQ!

====

{Shiva & Kali}

duet1.jpg

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List