Sexual Affairs

Is it better to stay faithful to your spouse when she ignores you?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Why do people choose not to have affairs?

I am strongly considering it but it just seems so much like a bad idea. I will just continue being ignored by my wife and feeling pure misery all hours of my life. Eventually, I will die. Staying married and faithful until the end is definitely the best financial decision. Does anybody have any experience with this with the benefit of hindsight? Is it healthy to be in pure misery 100% of the time all day, all week, all month, all year, and for decades on end for the sake of saving your marriage is it better to find someone that thinks you are awesome and views you as a person?

Does anybody know what to do about a wife that doesn't even know that you exist? There are just so many issues to solve at once.

WARNING: I will ignore all cop-out answers. Don't cop out.
I have not chosen to have an affair mainly because my wife and i have sex just about every night. I guess if you call an adult movie, call girl or strip club an affair. Actually she is very needy and wants too much attention, but that is a good thing. We do everything together, go to vacations on weekends, movies. Overall I been very loyal to her and have had no needs to find another woman.

In your situation it sounds like a bad marriage. in your situation I would move on with a divorce and find someone else. I have been through two divorces myself. My third wife is the best wife I have had thus so far.

I have not chosen to have an affair mainly because my wife and i have sex just about every night. I guess if you call an adult movie, call girl or strip club an affair. Actually she is very needy and wants too much attention, but that is a good thing. We do everything together, go to vacations on weekends, movies. Overall I been very loyal to her and have had no needs to find another woman.

In your situation it sounds like a bad marriage. in your situation I would move on with a divorce and find someone else. I have been through two divorces myself. My third wife is the best wife I have had thus so far.

Interesting.

On what grounds? Adultery? Abuse? Financial misconduct? Ignoring is not grounds for divorce in most traditions.

Irreconcilable differences. Abandonment of affection.

You do understand that you do not need a reason to divorce a spouse other than no longer wanting to be married to them, right?

You were obligated to make personal sacrifices to raise your children.
You did that.
They don't need married parents anymore. They still need a mother and father, but they don't need the two of you to be together anymore.
I was in misery for 13 years in a loveless marriage. I would do it again. And again. And again so I would be there fully to raise my children. And they benefitted from that sacrifice immensely.
But once that responsibility was done... I got out.
And brother, I cannot put into words how happier I am, and how much healthier I am as a person. Physically and mentally. Especially mentally. Being in a bad marriage takes a toll on you. It beats the shit out of you.
I got out and I remarried 7 years ago. My God how happier I am now.
You can be too.

Is your ex happy too?

It's not that simple. There's other considerations like children and property.
100%
My choice was to stay married until both children graduated high school, and was established in college.
And that is exactly what I did. That took a toll on me. Hard-hard-hard years of living in a gray existence with my two children and my career as they only thing keeping me sane.
Particularly once the kids were 16+ and developing their own lives away from home. Darkest times in my life. Very hard.
But that was then, I got out, met someone else not quite a year later and I am in a great place. Got remarried in August 2017.

Why do people choose not to have affairs?

I am strongly considering it but it just seems so much like a bad idea. I will just continue being ignored by my wife and feeling pure misery all hours of my life. Eventually, I will die. Staying married and faithful until the end is definitely the best financial decision. Does anybody have any experience with this with the benefit of hindsight? Is it healthy to be in pure misery 100% of the time all day, all week, all month, all year, and for decades on end for the sake of saving your marriage is it better to find someone that thinks you are awesome and views you as a person?

Does anybody know what to do about a wife that doesn't even know that you exist? There are just so many issues to solve at once.

WARNING: I will ignore all cop-out answers. Don't cop out.
Eh .. you’re about to pop in my estimation. What you need is a plan if’n you want to end up with sweet lovin and a sweaty mess real soon.
In general terms since I don’t know much about you, her, your history and if you really want her anyway.
Marriage seems to make simps out of men over the years, they wear husbands down, maybe it’s time to get pissed and demanding .. maybe it’s time to show some romance and appreciation .. maybe it’s time to get drunk together and just screw ..
Well whatever, make a plan, convince her that you want her (they like that) , remind her that your fed up and things have to change without threatening her. Simp no more 😉

Forum List

Back