Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA): "I don't think Trump can win the general election"

Well, jellyfish like you certainly won't stand in their way....In fact, you actually gaslight yourself in order to say everything is just peachy.

You're going to make an outstanding Kapo.

Do you plan on voting next year?

Very disrespectful comments by Bill Cassidy. Trump is the leader of the party and these kids of comments help Democrats. Fuck Bill Cassidy.

"Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) on Sunday said he does not believe former President Trump can win another general election as he campaigns for the GOP nomination in 2024.

CNN’s “State of the Union” host Jake Tapper highlighted comments from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is expected to launch his own 2024 bid later this week, that only he, Trump and President Biden are “credible” candidates — but that only he and Biden have a chance of getting elected in the upcoming race. “I don’t think Trump can win a general election,” Cassidy said.

Bill Cassidy is a RINO moron.

Trump 2024 or bust. I'm done with elitist globalist bought and paid for RINOs.

Cassidy has always been a Never Trumper but he might be correct.
He's actually dead wrong.

Trump is the ONLY R candidate with a chance of winning, as Trump is the only R candidate that actually fights to win.

Senator Cassidy is a devout Never-Trumper, so i'm sure that he is rooting for Sleepy Joe next year.

He could be right I guess, but he's hardly impartial.
He's rooting for the status quo, which is Sleepy Joe, or any other D, or any RINO... Anybody other than Trump, who stands against the status quo...

I won't be voting for him in the primary. If he wins the nomination then sure.
... and this response is a perfect example of why Trump is the only R candidate with any chance to win in the general.

You'll still support Trump (the Republican candidate) in the general, meanwhile I will ONLY be supporting Trump in the general (and not any other Republican candidate).

Without Trump on the ticket, R's don't stand a chance. Maybe you don't realize it, but roughly 20% of Trump supporters such as myself are NOT going to turn out for any other R candidate. That truth can't be ignored.

If Trump is the GOP nominee then I will vote for him in the General. I don't want to, but the alternative is a democrat and IMHO that is worse. That said, I think there are too many people that won't vote for Trump regardless of the other candidate, and they outnumber the die-hard Trump supporters. He's got too much negative baggage; so does Biden, which means most voters are going to vote for somebody they don't really like. Or maybe one or both won't be the nominee for their party and all this means nothing. But bear this in mind, the winner will be likely to nominee one or more people to the SCOTUS and that is a big deal.

... and this response is a perfect example of why Trump is the only R candidate with any chance to win in the general.

You'll still support Trump (the Republican candidate) in the general, meanwhile I will ONLY be supporting Trump in the general (and not any other Republican candidate).

Without Trump on the ticket, R's don't stand a chance. Maybe you don't realize it, but roughly 20% of Trump supporters such as myself are NOT going to turn out for any other R candidate. That truth can't be ignored.
Hyperbole aside that is the way it's supposed to work.....You make the sausage in the primary season and then you coalesce around the winner of the nomination to defeat the dems, whichever hopeful that might be.

I'm of a mind that nearly all the viable hopefuls can beat Tater one-on-one with the exception of Trump. He brings out dems in droves (that hurts the gop down tickets) and he is a liability with Independents.

He brings out dems in droves (that hurts the gop down tickets) and he is a liability with Independents.
Dems will be out in droves anyway... regardless. And then there's the fact that they go after ballots instead of voters.

Trump is the only one on the R side who can bring out R's in droves.

It's Trump or bust, dude, whether you like it or not. 20% of Trump's supporters will not vote for any other R candidate, and the other R's don't care about winning so long as they get a bunch of money in the end. Trump actually cares about winning.

Dems will be out in droves anyway... regardless. And then there's the fact that they go after ballots instead of voters.

Trump is the only one on the R side who can bring out R's in droves.

It's Trump or bust, dude, whether you like it or not. 20% of Trump's supporters will not vote for any other R candidate, and the other R's don't care about winning so long as they get a bunch of money in the end. Trump actually cares about winning.
LOL....For some reason I can picture you as some wild-eyed zealot pounding away on the keyboard. :laughing0301:

HarmfulGranularJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif

LOL....For some reason I can picture you as some wild-eyed zealot pounding away on the keyboard. :laughing0301:

HarmfulGranularJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif
IOW, you have no valid response to what I said, so you resort to insults. LAME.

You have officially tipped your king. Congratulations!

Bill Cassidy's great comment is based in the reality of American politics.

Trum cannot win a general election. He needs independent voters, and 90% of them already have turned their backs on him forever.

Forum List

Back