Seattle NPR Station Says It Will No Longer Carry Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Briefings Live Because Of Misinformation

KUOW 94.9FM in Seattle, one of the first epicenters of the US Coronavirus outbreak, has discontinued live broadcasts of White House Coronavirus briefings due to the massive pattern of disinformation therein.

Station statement March 25 (in part):

>> After airing the White House briefings live for two weeks, a pattern of false information and exaggeration increasingly had many at KUOW questioning whether these briefings were in the best service of our mission—to create and serve a more informed public. Of even greater concern was the potential impact of false information on the health and safety of our community.​
A sampling of exaggerations and false information that were not fact checked in real time:​
● “Nobody knew there’d be a pandemic or an epidemic of this proportion,” President Trump said at a live White House briefing on March 19 despite warnings from the U.S. Intelligence community earlier this year.​
● “You’re seeing very few empty shelves,” our listeners heard live from President Trump on March 20. Local reporting shows many stores are out of basic supplies, including hand soap.​
● We’re going to be able to make the drug chloroquine “available almost immediately” said President Trump on March 19. The president claimed, incorrectly, that the FDA had fast-tracked approval of its use to treat COVID-19. There isn't current medical evidence of the efficacy of that drug in treating COVID-19.​
Knowing this a very fluid situation, we will revisit this decision daily. <<​
KUOW will continue to treat all opportunities for live preemption on a case-by-case basis weighing for importance, news value and immediacy of need-to-know. But be clear, KUOW and NPR will continue to cover White House briefings and share relevant information from federal government and public health sources in the format most useful to our listeners. <<​

Inasmuch as broadcast licensing requires responsible operation as a public trust, this is a shining example of exercising it. As readers know the last named piece of misinformation has already led to an unnecessary death and hospitalization of a couple who followed that advice. so denying destructive disinformation the chance to damage the public is exactly the right call.

See also this related thread where TV networks did the same thing -- Dana7360

So in it's place, what will they play? Golden Oldies from the Roaring 20's about how great life is?

No, this is Nation Public Radio, federally funded radical leftism. NPR is like MSNBCNN on the radio, but paid for by taxpayers.

BTW, I went to the store yesterday, only the hand sanitizer shelf was empty, even toilet paper was on the shelf (limit one, and in 8 roll packs). So the president is telling the truth, the little Goebbels of NPR are lying.

Cut all federal funds from PBS and NPR - TODAY. Let China fund them, since they are nothing but Chinese propaganda anyway.

I see Billy_Bob and JGalt "dislike" this story.

Is it inaccurate?

If so, make corrections. If not, make your case or continue to be cowards.
IT WAS NEVER CALLED A HOAX.. Democrats were the one ignoring the event and stating it was.. See CNN and MSDNC during the start. Trump stated your coverage was a Hoax not the virus.

When your Liberal shit station promotes lies, instead of fact, your OP dies a very sordid death...

Yeah, that dog ain't gonna hunt. He called it the Democrats latest hoax. I don't care what he meant. Just another excuse to avoid dealing with it.
Trump and the 'New Hoax'

Is it inaccurate?

IT WAS NEVER CALLED A HOAX.. Democrats were the one ignoring the event and stating it was.. See CNN and MSDNC during the start. Trump stated your coverage was a Hoax not the virus.

When your Liberal shit station promotes lies, instead of fact, your OP dies a very sordid death...

Yeah, that dog ain't gonna hunt. He called it the Democrats latest hoax. I don't care what he meant. Just another excuse to avoid dealing with it.
Trump and the 'New Hoax'

You don't care what he said, and neither do any of your fellow CCD's. Leftist "fact checks" haven't impressed anyone in years. Radical leftists trying to convince us that the lying fucks in the DNC media are just misinterpreted wore thin long ago.

KUOW 94.9FM in Seattle, one of the first epicenters of the US Coronavirus outbreak, has discontinued live broadcasts of White House Coronavirus briefings due to the massive pattern of disinformation therein.

>> After airing the White House briefings live for two weeks, a pattern of false information and exaggeration increasingly had many at KUOW questioning whether these briefings were in the best service of our mission—to create and serve a more informed public. Of even greater concern was the potential impact of false information on the health and safety of our community.​
A sampling of exaggerations and false information that were not fact checked in real time:​
● “Nobody knew there’d be a pandemic or an epidemic of this proportion,” President Trump said at a live White House briefing on March 19 despite warnings from the U.S. Intelligence community earlier this year.​
● “You’re seeing very few empty shelves,” our listeners heard live from President Trump on March 20. Local reporting shows many stores are out of basic supplies, including hand soap.​
● We’re going to be able to make the drug chloroquine “available almost immediately” said President Trump on March 19. The president claimed, incorrectly, that the FDA had fast-tracked approval of its use to treat COVID-19. There isn't current medical evidence of the efficacy of that drug in treating COVID-19.​
KUOW will continue to treat all opportunities for live preemption on a case-by-case basis weighing for importance, news value and immediacy of need-to-know. But be clear, KUOW and NPR will continue to cover White House briefings and share relevant information from federal government and public health sources in the format most useful to our listeners. <<​

Inasmuch as broadcast licensing requires responsible operation as a public trust, this is a shining example of exercising it. As readers know the last named piece of misinformation has already led to an unnecessary death and hospitalization of a couple who followed that advice. so denying destructive disinformation the chance to damage the public is exactly the right call.

Professor Pogo knows to. He sits in on every meeting the presidant has so he knows everything. Really he is just looking for a hug.

Is it inaccurate?

Trump and the 'New Hoax'

You don't care what he said, and neither do any of your fellow CCD's. Leftist "fact checks" haven't impressed anyone in years. Radical leftists trying to convince us that the lying fucks in the DNC media are just misinterpreted wore thin long ago.

I care what he said. And he said it was the Democrat's latest hoax. This is what he said.
I said I don't care what he MEANT.

Is it inaccurate?

Trump and the 'New Hoax'

I care what he said. And he said it was the Democrat's latest hoax. This is what he said.

No, he said the democrats RESPONSE to the outbreak was the hoax.

Which makes YOU the liar.

Is it inaccurate?

Actually the word "hoax" doesn't even appear on this page until your post. It's not in the radio station statement, it's not in any post, and it wasn't even in a WH briefing.

Y'all make this entirely too easy when you don't even bother to read the OP and then scream from the rooftops that you have no clue what you're talking about. So I take it your particular "dislike' means you "dislike" finding out new information, like reading and shit? Bravo, way to hide under the rock.

Next in line please....

Is it inaccurate?

Trump and the 'New Hoax'

He said the politicizing of the Wuhan virus is the Chinese Communist democrat's latest hoax, which is a fact. CCD's and their lying fuck media having failed with the Russian Collusion conspiracy theory, pussy grabbing, democrat hero Michael Avenatti, and the disaster of the fraudulent impeachment pivoted to the Wuhan Virus to attack the president.

I care what happened,, I don't care that you are OBSESSED with attacking Trump.

And this is all over the fact those people died from self medicating without DR approval of some POOL CLEANER??? And the President is being held responsible for their chosen misunderstanding??

Come on Puggles…...if you were sick and heard something about a certain drug or chemical that is 'PROMISING' as a treatment......and you found out some pool cleaner had that chemical in it...…..would you really ingest it???? Without doing further research or calling your DR for advice??? REALLY???????

Sure, all you dumbasses go celebrate some imagined victory while the rest of us laugh at ya

It's nice to know you and your selective reading "laugh" at a couple split up by death, his life ended, hers shattered and hanging in the balance. Must be hilarious.

At least you actually read the OP, unlike the last wackadoodle. Even if you flushed away the parts you couldn't digest.

Last edited:

Is it inaccurate?

And as an update we add Bustball to the list of the Butthurt.

Same thing westwall -- show where the OP is inaccurte, state your counterargument, or be a coward.

I know where my bet is.

Is it inaccurate?

Trump and the 'New Hoax'

I'll give a nod to mincing of the word salad. Again, I don't care what he meant. And it doesn't alter the fact he downplayed it.
Did President Trump Refer to the Coronavirus as a 'Hoax'?

Is it inaccurate?

And as an update we add Bustball to the list of the Butthurt.

Same thing westwall -- show where the OP is inaccurte, state your counterargument, or be a coward.

I know where my bet is.

Sluggo, you're a moron, as everyone here knows.

As for the op, I have already refuted;

● “You’re seeing very few empty shelves,” our listeners heard live from President Trump on March 20. Local reporting shows many stores are out of basic supplies, including hand soap.

What the president said is true, so why are the little Goebbels at NPR lying about it? Well, to slander Trump of course.

KABC started this shit when they did close up shots of the TP aisle of a Costco in Chino Hills. Even TP aisles are back to semi-normal with only the hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes in short supply. So NPR is lying, not the president. Their stunt is 100% partisan bullshit. You know it, and love it.

And this is all over the fact those people died from self medicating without DR approval of some POOL CLEANER??? And the President is being held responsible for their chosen misunderstanding??

Come on Puggles…...if you were sick and heard something about a certain drug or chemical that is 'PROMISING' as a treatment......and you found out some pool cleaner had that chemical in it...…..would you really ingest it???? Without doing further research or calling your DR for advice??? REALLY???????

Sure, all you dumbasses go celebrate some imagined victory while the rest of us laugh at ya

It's nice to know you and your selective reading "laugh" at a couple split up by death, his life ended, hers shattered and hanging in the balance. Must be hilarious.

At least you actually read the OP, unlike the last wackadoodle. Even if you flushed away the parts you couldn't digest.

Your whole OP is like most TDS'ers here...tl/dr cause it's all about how Orange Man Bad. OK whatever...…….but I wasn't laughing at the couple involved, I'm laughing at you and the rest that believe the crap you post that's in accordance with OMB.

And I still stand by my questions to you or anyone for that matter...…...who in the hell is going to ingest pool cleaner based on Trumps comment of a chemical, that just happens to be in a toxic substance, looks promising but still needs further study?

As to the story of that couple...….I honestly question if it's even true or some made up shit.. I don't know the full story or the details of it.....and I do know people can really do some stupid stuff...…..but REALLY??????????

Is it inaccurate?

Trump and the 'New Hoax'

I'll give a nod to mincing of the word salad. Again, I don't care what he meant. And it doesn't alter the fact he downplayed it.
You should have read your link

Is it inaccurate?

Trump and the 'New Hoax'

You should have read your link

I did read the link. Hence the stipulation toward mixing the word salad.
I can admit when I've gone a bit off the reservation.

Forum List

Back