Science isn’t always the answer.

I will continue to believe God made Adam and Eve. Nothing in science contradicts that belief. And even somehow science proves man descended from an ape like creature, which has not provided compelling evidence for yet I will still believe that because those two things are NOT mutually exclusive to one another.
Even though we’ve explained in great detail why your belief is wrong? Luckily old dumb Americans like you die every day and are replaced with people who haven’t been brainwashed by ignorant parents who were brainwashed by ignorant parents
LOL my parents were not religious at all nor my Grandparents so much for your IGNORANCE.
So you don’t even have the excuse that your parents brainwashed you from early on? That makes you even more guilty of willful ignorance.
Actually, you're the one that needs an excuse. You deny God. That is inexcusable.

I will continue to believe God made Adam and Eve. Nothing in science contradicts that belief. And even somehow science proves man descended from an ape like creature, which has not provided compelling evidence for yet I will still believe that because those two things are NOT mutually exclusive to one another.
Remember, when God created Adam and Eve, they were given instructions to rule over the animals.

And God called His creation good. Indeed, they had children who had children who had children.

I believe that humans are too arrogant in thinking that they can determine our true origins by using science. We make our hypotheses based on “laws of nature” that we assume have to be true. I believe that The secrets of the universe are far too advanced for the human mind to comprehend. We as a species need to humble ourselves and realize that we are not in charge of anything, and that god determines all.
Science is as far as I know the only reliable tool we have to figure out the answer to questions we have. So yes science is always the answer. Not because it has all the answers but simply because it's the only tool we have to actually get answers that have any hope of being correct.

Science is no more than man trying to figure out what God has created. So, of course, there is nothing wrong with science. But man's efforts can only touch the mysteries of Creation. And, unfortunately, trying to raise Science to status of a god is foolishness. It can only explain and then utilize those things that God has created.

I'm simply trying to explain how we were created in God's image.
Yes, i understand. And i don't hate your explanation. I just think you are "trying" way too hard, and it's not working. You are retrofitting the bible to what makes sense to you, which is almost completely determined by where and when you were born.

I'm simply trying to explain how we were created in God's image.
Yes, i understand. And i don't hate your explanation. I just think you are "trying" way too hard, and it's not working. You are retrofitting the bible to what makes sense to you, which is almost completely determined by where and when you were born.

Not really. I have just spent years reading and studying the Bible, and I like sharing what I've found. I enjoy it. It is the most interesting book in the world, and there are always new things to discover in it.

Remember, when God created Adam and Eve, they were given instructions to rule over the animals
Nonsense. Demonstrably false.

Hmmmm.

Gen. 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen. 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,
Haha, yes, how easy it is to predict that which has already happened....

Remember, when God created Adam and Eve, they were given instructions to rule over the animals
Nonsense. Demonstrably false.

Hmmmm.

Gen. 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Haha, yes, how easy to predict that which has already happened....

It's what the Bible has said since it was written. Not my fault if you don't like it. :)

It's what the Bible has said since it was written
Right. And around and around the infinite feedback loop of circular logic you go....

I've never see one person do as much squirming as you do. When you fail on one point you move on to something else, and you call my logic circular. Just admit you're wrong and we can move past these silly notions you have about Adam and Eve.

Right. And around and around the infinite feedback loop of circular logic you go....

I've never see one person do as much squirming as you do. When you fail on one point you move on to something else, and you call my logic circular. Just admit you're wrong and we can move past these silly notions you have about Adam and Eve.
Yes, your logic is circular. Your evidence that descriptions in the Bible are correct is that they are written in the Bible.

Oh, God gave man dominion over the animals? And that is supposed to be divine insight? What else was divined at the time? That there was a Sun in the sky, thanks to God? Fall rains are good, thanks to Allah? How do we know God did this?

Why, says so right there in the Bible! Or, the Quran!

It's not compelling. It's circular. It's an ever-expanding tautology.

Yes, your logic is circular. Your evidence that descriptions in the Bible are correct is that they are written in the Bible.

Oh, God gave man dominion over the animals? And that is supposed to be divine insight? What else was divined at the time? That there was a Sun in the sky, thanks to God? Fall rains are good, thanks to Allah? How do we know God did this?

Ok dumb ass be SPECIFIC now and cite for us EXACTLY when Humankind was birthed, I mean you claim science knows be specific and cite for us a year hell I will accept a century. Be SPECIFIC now and cite for is HOW life evolved what started it and how. Science claims a lot do they claim that too? Most of science is educated guesses so YOUR logic on MOST things using science is by FAITH and using your claim circular.

It's not my fault I have a source I can rely on -- that I measure everything against.

There is only one TRUTH, and you seek that truth where you want and I'll seek that truth where I want. Yours seems circular to me.

The truth I have doesn't change with the wind. Science, on the other hand, is in it's infancy, and is always being updated and seen through different lenses.

I love how you keep on repeating this "no compelling evidence" bit. The truth is that there is NO amount of evidence, no matter how compelling that you are willing to accept. I gave you a whole slew of intermediate forms spread over time who had more and more human features as time progressed. Something that is supported by genetics. And no God didn't create Adam and Eve since nature as the evidence pointed out doesn't need God to create.

You are using the bible as evidence for the bible that is circular reasoning. We have been made in God's image right? And God is perfect right? The Most Unfortunate Design Flaws in the Human Body We have some pretty obvious design flaws.
Being made in God's image has nothing to do with our physical body.
God is Spirit.

Being made in the image of God means we are thinking, rational beings with a conscience and free will. We aren't ruled by instinct as the animals are. Being made in the image of God is a thread all it's own.
You know I tend to be rather good natured in these kinds of discussions. I understand perfectly well that when speaking to religious people some leeway has to be given since by definition faith is accepting something without evidence.

This however kind of ticks me of. I'm allowing you to defend your position within your own framework, namely the bible. Yet you choose to make an assertion not just wholly unsupported by the Bible but actually in direct contradiction of it. Either mankind was created in gods image or he wasn't. His soul was but his body wasn't is simply bullshit.

You're "allowing" me to defend my position. Well, aren't you just the sweetest thing? :)

The Bible is clear. God is Spirit. He is INVISIBLE.

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.​

Therefore, one must read the Bible with one's brain engaged. Being made in the image of God cannot mean men are invisible like God. Are you invisible or do you have a body of flesh? Men were created with a body of flesh. We have a spirit, but we are not Spirits. Spirits have no body of flesh.

God did not take on a body of flesh until He came to dwell among us as a man Jesus Christ.

Therefore, all your conjectures and "proofs" concerning our bodies of flesh have nothing to do with being created in the image of God. Think about it.

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

GENESIS 32:30 KJV And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

If you do some research, you'll see that seeing God face to face is speaking about an encounter with God. For instance when God appeared as a fire, Moses said the people had seen God face to face. God can appear in the form of a man or a pillar of fire or a pillar of cloud.

Deut. 5:4
The Lord talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

There are other examples. Some verses speak of the Arm of God. That doesn't mean He has an arm. It is merely personifying God's power.
I see that a lot, actually. Religionists will simply re-write and / or invent new interpretations for their holy texts to make the texts fit their preferred interpretation.

You are using the bible as evidence for the bible that is circular reasoning. We have been made in God's image right? And God is perfect right? The Most Unfortunate Design Flaws in the Human Body We have some pretty obvious design flaws.
Being made in God's image has nothing to do with our physical body.
God is Spirit.

Being made in the image of God means we are thinking, rational beings with a conscience and free will. We aren't ruled by instinct as the animals are. Being made in the image of God is a thread all it's own.
You know I tend to be rather good natured in these kinds of discussions. I understand perfectly well that when speaking to religious people some leeway has to be given since by definition faith is accepting something without evidence.

This however kind of ticks me of. I'm allowing you to defend your position within your own framework, namely the bible. Yet you choose to make an assertion not just wholly unsupported by the Bible but actually in direct contradiction of it. Either mankind was created in gods image or he wasn't. His soul was but his body wasn't is simply bullshit.

You're "allowing" me to defend my position. Well, aren't you just the sweetest thing? :)

The Bible is clear. God is Spirit. He is INVISIBLE.

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.​

Therefore, one must read the Bible with one's brain engaged. Being made in the image of God cannot mean men are invisible like God. Are you invisible or do you have a body of flesh? Men were created with a body of flesh. We have a spirit, but we are not Spirits. Spirits have no body of flesh.

God did not take on a body of flesh until He came to dwell among us as a man Jesus Christ.

Therefore, all your conjectures and "proofs" concerning our bodies of flesh have nothing to do with being created in the image of God. Think about it.

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

GENESIS 32:30 KJV And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

If you do some research, you'll see that seeing God face to face is speaking about an encounter with God. For instance when God appeared as a fire, Moses said the people had seen God face to face. God can appear in the form of a man or a pillar of fire or a pillar of cloud.

Deut. 5:4
The Lord talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

There are other examples. Some verses speak of the Arm of God. That doesn't mean He has an arm. It is merely personifying God's power.
“…thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. ” — Exodus 21:23-25

“…ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.” — Matthew 5:39

The above has to be taken in the context of, "I have no way to resolve the contradiction so I'll just pretend there isn't one".

Even though we’ve explained in great detail why your belief is wrong? Luckily old dumb Americans like you die every day and are replaced with people who haven’t been brainwashed by ignorant parents who were brainwashed by ignorant parents
LOL my parents were not religious at all nor my Grandparents so much for your IGNORANCE.
So you don’t even have the excuse that your parents brainwashed you from early on? That makes you even more guilty of willful ignorance.
Actually, you're the one that needs an excuse. You deny God. That is inexcusable.
Ah. So the majority of the planet that either believes in no gods of gods different from your gods are inexcusable?

That reads like an introduction to cult literature.

Ah. So the majority of the planet that either believes in no gods of gods different from your gods are inexcusable?

Retard the majority of the planet believes in God.

Retard the majority of the planet believes in God.
Oh, well, that means what?

Perhaps you should go on a gee-had and convert those who don't believe in your gods.

Forum List

Back