Science isn’t always the answer.

You are using the bible as evidence for the bible that is circular reasoning. We have been made in God's image right? And God is perfect right? The Most Unfortunate Design Flaws in the Human Body We have some pretty obvious design flaws.
Being made in God's image has nothing to do with our physical body.
God is Spirit.

Being made in the image of God means we are thinking, rational beings with a conscience and free will. We aren't ruled by instinct as the animals are. Being made in the image of God is a thread all it's own.
You know I tend to be rather good natured in these kinds of discussions. I understand perfectly well that when speaking to religious people some leeway has to be given since by definition faith is accepting something without evidence.

This however kind of ticks me of. I'm allowing you to defend your position within your own framework, namely the bible. Yet you choose to make an assertion not just wholly unsupported by the Bible but actually in direct contradiction of it. Either mankind was created in gods image or he wasn't. His soul was but his body wasn't is simply bullshit.
One can NOT know the mind of God. There is no reason to assume that in his image only means physical. Or that it means physical at all. Though I do believe that.
Actually there is every reason to assume God created mankind body and soul if you are religious and believe the Bible to be correct. On account that it says so. That's the problem. I'm used to religious people choosing to interpret the bible in different ways depending on what position they take. This however is unambiguous. Man has a physical form. As a religious person that believes the Bible you have to believe God created that physical form. In his image as is clearly stated.

It is your job not mine to support your claim
Again, and please pay attention this time:

I can show you dinos with wings and feathers, human ancestors, and plenty of other fossils that are obviously intermediates between earlier and later species. Like archaeopteryx. But you reject that.

Unless you are mentally chalenged or 5 years old, you know these fossils exist (that scientists are convinced are intermediaries). So, in the interest of you acting like an adult for 3 seconds, tell me what would constitute a transitional species to you.

In now way does doing so do any of the work of supporting my claim. So you can drop that idiotic talking point immediately.

So again i ask: what sort of traits of a fossil or living species would compel you to believe it is a "transitional species"? Its a si.ple question. But you are going to do a little dance to avoid it. Forever. Guaranteed. Because you're a fraud.
You REALLY should learn to read what I post, it would help a lot.
How many bitchy, vapid posts are you going to make before you define what would be a "transitional species" to you?

You are using the bible as evidence for the bible that is circular reasoning. We have been made in God's image right? And God is perfect right? The Most Unfortunate Design Flaws in the Human Body We have some pretty obvious design flaws.
God is Spirit.

Being made in the image of God means we are thinking, rational beings with a conscience and free will. We aren't ruled by instinct as the animals are. Being made in the image of God is a thread all it's own.
You know I tend to be rather good natured in these kinds of discussions. I understand perfectly well that when speaking to religious people some leeway has to be given since by definition faith is accepting something without evidence.

This however kind of ticks me of. I'm allowing you to defend your position within your own framework, namely the bible. Yet you choose to make an assertion not just wholly unsupported by the Bible but actually in direct contradiction of it. Either mankind was created in gods image or he wasn't. His soul was but his body wasn't is simply bullshit.

You're "allowing" me to defend my position. Well, aren't you just the sweetest thing? :)

The Bible is clear. God is Spirit. He is INVISIBLE.

1 Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.​

Therefore, one must read the Bible with one's brain engaged. Being made in the image of God cannot mean men are invisible like God. Are you invisible or do you have a body of flesh? Men were created with a body of flesh. We have a spirit, but we are not Spirits. Spirits have no body of flesh.

God did not take on a body of flesh until He came to dwell among us as a man Jesus Christ.

Therefore, all your conjectures and "proofs" concerning our bodies of flesh have nothing to do with being created in the image of God. Think about it.

God is Spirit.

One can NOT know the mind of God. There is no reason to assume that in his image only means physical. Or that it means physical at all. Though I do believe that.
Actually there is every reason to assume God created mankind body and soul if you are religious and believe the Bible to be correct. On account that it says so. That's the problem. I'm used to religious people choosing to interpret the bible in different ways depending on what position they take. This however is unambiguous. Man has a physical form. As a religious person that believes the Bible you have to believe God created that physical form. In his image as is clearly stated.

The Bible doesn't say God created that physical form in His image. You have added that part all by yourself.

The Bible doesn't say God created that physical form in His image
It also doesn't say moral or spiritual form. You are quite skilled at accusing others of that which you do more and more freely.

I'm simply trying to explain how we were created in God's image. It isn't our physical body, since God doesn't have a physical body. God did become flesh in the person of Jesus Christ, but that is long after He created man. Therefore, God has given us brains with the ability to analyze all kind of complex things -- far above the ability of animals. In fact, He gave us the ability to have dominion over the rest of creation. We do that more and more as time goes by. He created us with the ability to form relationships and to be creative. As I said, this subject really requires a thread of it's own. When I say, "Think about it", I really mean that. Use that God given brain. Use those parts of you that actually have been made in God's image. Then you can, perhaps, have a better understanding of what the Bible says. God requires man to use his brain to seek the Truth in the Bible He has given us.

Remember, too, Adam was formed from the dust of the ground.

Gen. 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

It also doesn't say moral or spiritual form. You are quite skilled at accusing others of that which you do more and more freely.

I'm simply trying to explain how we were created in God's image. It isn't our physical body, since God doesn't have a physical body. God did become flesh in the person of Jesus Christ, but that is long after He created man. Therefore, God has given us brains with the ability to analyze all kind of complex things -- far above the ability of animals. In fact, He gave us the ability to have dominion over the rest of creation. We do that more and more as time goes by. He created us with the ability to form relationships and to be creative. As I said, this subject really requires a thread of it's own. When I say, "Think about it", I really mean that. Use that God given brain. Use those parts of you that actually have been made in God's image. Then you can, perhaps, have a better understanding of what the Bible says. God requires man to use his brain to seek the Truth in the Bible He has given us.

Gen. 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
I'm simply trying to explain how we were created in God's image. It isn't our physical body,
:iyfyus.jpg:

I'm simply trying to explain how we were created in God's image. It isn't our physical body,
:iyfyus.jpg:

Scoffer

God is Spirit.

The Bible doesn't say God created that physical form in His image. You have added that part all by yourself.
Doesn't it? 7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
For God created man to be immortal, and made him to be an image of his own eternity. The righteous, because they are made in the image of God, can rest in the full hope of eternal life.

As I said either man is created in his image or he isn't both can not be true.

God is Spirit.

You're "allowing" me to defend my position. Well, aren't you just the sweetest thing? :)

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.​

Therefore, one must read the Bible with one's brain engaged. Being made in the image of God cannot mean men are invisible like God. Are you invisible or do you have a body of flesh? Men were created with a body of flesh. We have a spirit, but we are not Spirits. Spirits have no body of flesh.

God did not take on a body of flesh until He came to dwell among us as a man Jesus Christ.

Therefore, all your conjectures and "proofs" concerning our bodies of flesh have nothing to do with being created in the image of God. Think about it.

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

GENESIS 32:30 KJV And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

I believe that humans are too arrogant in thinking that they can determine our true origins by using science. We make our hypotheses based on “laws of nature” that we assume have to be true. I believe that The secrets of the universe are far too advanced for the human mind to comprehend. We as a species need to humble ourselves and realize that we are not in charge of anything, and that god determines all.
Just because you are one of those that applied a massively simplistic approach to all things in the universe, "an invisible, all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful, can do anything, being...that we look like, per his (must be a he) design (apparently, because we pretty much run the planet, we must look like him, of course), doesn't mean that science shouldn't continue to try and find the answers to those things we don't have all the answers for. It used to be that a myriad of things were thought to be part of a supernatural world of fairies, elves and all things mystical. People were killed for simply defying the religious establishment and claiming that Earth wasn't the center of the universe and that the sun revolved around us. Science ended such nonsense. So, while science doesn't have "all" the answers, they will continue to search for the answers, as long as forward thinking governments don't let religion run them, as Islam does.

I will continue to believe God made Adam and Eve. Nothing in science contradicts that belief. And even somehow science proves man descended from an ape like creature, which has not provided compelling evidence for yet I will still believe that because those two things are NOT mutually exclusive to one another.

It is your job not mine to support your claim
Again, and please pay attention this time:

I can show you dinos with wings and feathers, human ancestors, and plenty of other fossils that are obviously intermediates between earlier and later species. Like archaeopteryx. But you reject that.

Unless you are mentally chalenged or 5 years old, you know these fossils exist (that scientists are convinced are intermediaries). So, in the interest of you acting like an adult for 3 seconds, tell me what would constitute a transitional species to you.

In now way does doing so do any of the work of supporting my claim. So you can drop that idiotic talking point immediately.

So again i ask: what sort of traits of a fossil or living species would compel you to believe it is a "transitional species"? Its a si.ple question. But you are going to do a little dance to avoid it. Forever. Guaranteed. Because you're a fraud.
You REALLY should learn to read what I post, it would help a lot.
How many bitchy, vapid posts are you going to make before you define what would be a "transitional species" to you?
YU
Maybe if anybody would offer a shred of evidence for the existence of the creator people would be less inclined to deny he exists? By the way, I don't deny he exists. I simply deny that I have good reason to assume he exists.

What creator are we talking about by the way? Zeus, Odin, Ra, Jaweh, Jehova, God, Inti, Budha, etc., etc. All where/are worshipped by people who displayed the same level of certainty of the existence of them.

There is evidence all around you. The heavens declare the glory of God. There is also the evidence you have inside you. Your conscience declaring there is a God. Man, himself, is evidence. He has been made in God's image. A rational, thinking, creative, loving being with a free will.

I understand what you're saying, though, I can remember when I felt the same. I always think of the blind man that Jesus healed when He walked this earth. When the people asked this man (who had been blind from birth) how it was that he could see. His reply was the same as mine and other believers, "I don't know, but once I was blind and now I can see."

True, man was created perfect but Adam and Eve ruined that. Now we inherit aging and death in our DNA (and epigenetics):

Romans 5:12
That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin,+ and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned+—.
Rather petty, vindictive gods who would punish all mankind for failing a "test" they knew humans would fail.

Yes, if Christendom is right about everything going according to God's plan in their doctrines of omniscience and pre-destination. You have pointed out one of the reasons they are wrong.

Genesis 6:6 proves the opposite - otherwise why was Jehovah "hurt at heart" over the outcome?

Btw, elohim could be the literal plural "gods." However, in Scripture it is usually the plural of excellence of singular individuals. This is why Jehovah referred to Moses as elohim in Exodus 4:16; 7:1.
Using your religious dogma in an attempt to prove your religious dogma is true is a viciously circular argument.

It really displays the weakness of the creationist argument because the creationist is forced to pick and choose those elements of the dogma that aren't contradictory. I accept that the various, largely unknown authors of the Bibles contradict each other, that scribes and translators of various languages can make errors, and in fact did. I think it is reasonable to acknowledge that one of many supreme beings allowed his "word" to be corrupted by the fallibility of man, and I know you will not see the fallacy of proffering an argument that is based on supernaturalism and alleged ''miracles".

The bible, as all the alleged holy texts has been misinterpreted and mistranslated. Now which parts are corrupt and which parts are not is the game of theologians and apologists such as yourself. But since Yahweh doesn't come on down and ref the match, the validity of one verse being questioned questions the validity of all verses. The preceeding obviously does not address the other issues of presuming supernaturalism as a mechanism for existence when never, ever, in all of human history has a supernatural event ever been demonstrated.
We can rest in the realization that the Hebrew text that we can study is the same text that Jesus the Messiah read in the Temple. Yes, we have various translations; however, what was translated can be examined and regarded through a study of the Hebrew text.

I believe that humans are too arrogant in thinking that they can determine our true origins by using science. We make our hypotheses based on “laws of nature” that we assume have to be true. I believe that The secrets of the universe are far too advanced for the human mind to comprehend. We as a species need to humble ourselves and realize that we are not in charge of anything, and that god determines all.
Actually, humans are arrogant to believe they are special and this world was made for us.

We even believe we are gods ourselves. Who else but gods live in paradise for the rest of eternity after they die? Talk about arrogant.

Science believes we will never know our true origins. It’s unknowable. Religious people claim they know our true origins not science. Get that right.

yes, some of the universes secrets we will never know. And no we are not in charge. But none of that leads to your conclusion that god exists let alone determines all. Nice try though.

I am religious and I claim our true origins are revealed both from science and from the Bible. For example, Acts 17:26 says all nations come from one man. Science has proven that to be true - note our literature points to the scientific evidence here:

Excerpt:

"In recent years, scientists have researched human genes extensively. By comparing human genetic patterns around the earth, they found clear evidence that all humans have a common ancestor, a source of the DNA of all people who have ever lived, including each of us. In 1988, Newsweek magazine presented those findings in a report entitled “The Search for Adam and Eve.” Those studies were based on a type of mitochondrial DNA, genetic material passed on only by the female. Reports in 1995 about research on male DNA point to the same conclusion—that “there was an ancestral ‘Adam,’ whose genetic material on the [Y] chromosome is common to every man now on earth,” as Time magazine put it."
Just so you know, there was no one original man and women. If there was, incest occurred. Moms and daughters fucked cousins brothers and fathers for centuries. Science says your story is bullshit. Don’t misconstrue what science says.

A more ape like species evolved into man. And that ape like species evolved from something lesser. Go back far enough our ancestor livedunder water.
And earth went through 2 or 3 mass extinction periods. Do we even know when life first started? Or do we know if our ancestor survived those global extinctions? Must have. I wonder after the last great extinction what our ancestor was doing? What was it. Was it a land creature? I know science has theories. Ones with evidence and no supernatural shit from an ancient religion
The ONLY reason marriage to one's brother or sister is an issue today is because the DNA of potential parents has degenerated or devolved over thousands of years. This means that the birth of a child with disabilities is more likely the closer the parents are related. Adam and Eve possessed top notch DNA. Even Abraham married his half sister Sarah and misapplied this truth in an effort to protect himself while deceiving Abimelech. However, today we know that the DNA pool is corrupted. Each passing generation is not improving.

Actually, humans are arrogant to believe they are special and this world was made for us.

We even believe we are gods ourselves. Who else but gods live in paradise for the rest of eternity after they die? Talk about arrogant.

Science believes we will never know our true origins. It’s unknowable. Religious people claim they know our true origins not science. Get that right.

yes, some of the universes secrets we will never know. And no we are not in charge. But none of that leads to your conclusion that god exists let alone determines all. Nice try though.

I am religious and I claim our true origins are revealed both from science and from the Bible. For example, Acts 17:26 says all nations come from one man. Science has proven that to be true - note our literature points to the scientific evidence here:

Excerpt:

"In recent years, scientists have researched human genes extensively. By comparing human genetic patterns around the earth, they found clear evidence that all humans have a common ancestor, a source of the DNA of all people who have ever lived, including each of us. In 1988, Newsweek magazine presented those findings in a report entitled “The Search for Adam and Eve.” Those studies were based on a type of mitochondrial DNA, genetic material passed on only by the female. Reports in 1995 about research on male DNA point to the same conclusion—that “there was an ancestral ‘Adam,’ whose genetic material on the [Y] chromosome is common to every man now on earth,” as Time magazine put it."
Just so you know, there was no one original man and women. If there was, incest occurred. Moms and daughters fucked cousins brothers and fathers for centuries. Science says your story is bullshit. Don’t misconstrue what science says.

A more ape like species evolved into man. And that ape like species evolved from something lesser. Go back far enough our ancestor livedunder water.
And earth went through 2 or 3 mass extinction periods. Do we even know when life first started? Or do we know if our ancestor survived those global extinctions? Must have. I wonder after the last great extinction what our ancestor was doing? What was it. Was it a land creature? I know science has theories. Ones with evidence and no supernatural shit from an ancient religion
The ONLY reason marriage to one's brother or sister is an issue today is because the DNA of potential parents has degenerated or devolved over thousands of years. This means that the birth of a child with disabilities is more likely the closer the parents are related. Adam and Eve possessed top notch DNA. Even Abraham married his half sister Sarah and misapplied this truth in an effort to protect himself while deceiving Abimelech. However, today we know that the DNA pool is corrupted. Each passing generation is not improving.
Idiot

I will continue to believe God made Adam and Eve. Nothing in science contradicts that belief. And even somehow science proves man descended from an ape like creature, which has not provided compelling evidence for yet I will still believe that because those two things are NOT mutually exclusive to one another.
Even though we’ve explained in great detail why your belief is wrong? Luckily old dumb Americans like you die every day and are replaced with people who haven’t been brainwashed by ignorant parents who were brainwashed by ignorant parents

Even though we’ve explained in great detail why your belief is wrong? Luckily old dumb Americans like you die every day and are replaced with people who haven’t been brainwashed by ignorant parents who were brainwashed by ignorant parents
LOL my parents were not religious at all nor my Grandparents so much for your IGNORANCE.

LOL my parents were not religious at all nor my Grandparents so much for your IGNORANCE.
So you don’t even have the excuse that your parents brainwashed you from early on? That makes you even more guilty of willful ignorance.

God is Spirit.

Doesn't it? 7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
For God created man to be immortal, and made him to be an image of his own eternity. The righteous, because they are made in the image of God, can rest in the full hope of eternal life.

As I said either man is created in his image or he isn't both can not be true.

I see a verse from Gen., and then I see some other writing. Where did that part in red come from?

So now you're switching it from the physical form (body) to immortality? Your claim was that we were made in the image of God concerning our body of flesh...."that physical form". Are you changing your mind?

Now would you like to discuss how it is that we are made in the image of God? As I said, that deserves a thread of it's own. Being created in His image certainly isn't referring to this flesh and blood body, because that body of flesh is not immortal.

God is Spirit.

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

GENESIS 32:30 KJV And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

If you do some research, you'll see that seeing God face to face is speaking about an encounter with God. For instance when God appeared as a fire, Moses said the people had seen God face to face. God can appear in the form of a man or a pillar of fire or a pillar of cloud.

Deut. 5:4
The Lord talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

There are other examples. Some verses speak of the Arm of God. That doesn't mean He has an arm. It is merely personifying God's power.

Forum List

Back