Schakowsky: Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money

He's not wrong.

We make our money here, we raise our children here, we are a part of this country. If we don't give back to the country and only take, it ceases to be.

Sorry but it's true.

that is true, that's why it's so damn wrong that 50% of Americans pay ZERO FEDERAL INCOME TAX. It's time to change that. Know why? Cause the takers are soon to outnumber the givers.. and the country will cease to be.

This is the type of argument I love. Because the "takers" are basically at the top..not the bottom. The givers are the ones on the assembly lines producing goods, the truckers moving goods from place to place, the pickers of our crops, the people picking up the garbage, the people nursing our sick, the people protecting our communities, the people fighting the fires, the people working in grocery stores, the people making hamburgers, the people coding the applications, the people checking network connectivity, the people fixing the power lines, the people cleaning the sewers, the people running the trains, the people flying the planes, the people serving drinks and food, the people making furniture, the people moving furniture, the people off loading the ships and most every wage earner in the country. That's also where a majority of the troops fighting our wars come from.

The takers are the people that are executives at the places the givers work..and they feel they are entitled to make compensation which is vastly greater then the givers.

And that's the world Conservatives, support.

The takers. Or the Dragons of America.

Reality disagrees.

25 | March | 2011 | Indyfromaz's Blog: The Thoughts of An Independent Arizonan
Not surprisingly, as Figure 5 shows, government spent $10.44 on the lowest-income families for every dollar they paid in taxes. Remarkably, families in the middle-income group received $1.15 for every dollar they paid in taxes.

SB_hodge_20110309-figure5.jpg

By contrast, the top 40 percent of families paid more in taxes as a group than they received in government spending benefits. The highest-income families received 43 cents in government spending for every dollar they pay in taxes, even though they are assumed in this study to disproportionately benefit from public goods such as national defense.​

CHICAGO (WLS) - A lot of reaction Wednesday morning to Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky's interview with Don Wade and Roma.

Schakowsky said that Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money because we need taxes to support our society.

“I’ll put it this way. You don’t deserve to keep all of it and it’s not a question of deserving because what government is, is those things that we decide to do together. And there are many things that we decide to do together like have our national security. Like have police and fire. What about the people that work at the National Institute of Health who are looking for a cure for cancer,” Schakowsky said.

Schakowsky also says one reason the 2009 stimulus bill did not succeed was because it was not large enough.​

He's not wrong.

We make our money here, we raise our children here, we are a part of this country. If we don't give back to the country and only take, it ceases to be.

Sorry but it's true.

that is true, that's why it's so damn wrong that 50% of Americans pay ZERO FEDERAL INCOME TAX. It's time to change that. Know why? Cause the takers are soon to outnumber the givers.. and the country will cease to be.

You are underestimating just how much that would affect the US population of poor.

Oh, and here's what it would look like to the rest of the world:

Richest Country on Earth takes Money from the Poor!

He's not wrong.

Sorry but it's true.

You are underestimating just how much that would affect the US population of poor.

Our poor are richer than the majority of people on earth.

HAVES-HAVE-NOTS.jpeg

Let me see if I can make sense of that insane stance.

You want to tax people that barely have enough money to survive as it is.

As to the numbers, $11,000 a year is not what most of those in the 50% category make, it's closer to $7-8k.

The deeper question here is WHY are there so many poor? Well, it has to do with the education of a US Citizen. Our system sucks at producing civilians who contribute, as the numbers of people who don't complete the school system are staggering.

We won't have a country much longer if we don't fix education.

Our poor are richer than the majority of people on earth.

HAVES-HAVE-NOTS.jpeg

Well I guess we will see how well THAT particular philosophy flies when the rest of the world overtakes the US.

"Well guys, we're a third world country now. But we can still READ....right?"

The woman is so far left she can't see the middle. We have to pay taxes for maintain the country but we don't need to pay taxes to go to politicians favorite companies like Solyandra and other or pay for the congressman wife to have a public job. We are wasting money. Read the constitution is say what taxes are for not this crap we are getting from both sides of the aisle.

The Question Liberals Will Never Answer | Power Line

Host: So Jan Schakowsky, out of every dollar that I earn, how much do you think I deserve to keep?

Schakowsky: What is really your question here? Do you think you should not contribute to firefighters?

Host: No, no, it’s a very simple question. Out of every dollar I earn, how much do you, Jan Schakowsky, think I deserve to keep?

Schakowsky: No, it’s not a simple question. No, it is not a simple question. I’ll put it this way. You don’t deserve to keep all of it.

Host: Why?

Schakowsky: It’s not a question of deserving. What government is, is those things we decide to do together.”

“I think you need to pay your fair share for things we’ve decided are our national priorities,” Schakowsky added.

The things “we’ve decided.” Could be a slogan: “We decide, you pay.”

Who ARE these people......?

Let me see if I can make sense of that insane stance.

You want to tax people that barely have enough money to survive as it is.

As to the numbers, $11,000 a year is not what most of those in the 50% category make, it's closer to $7-8k.

The deeper question here is WHY are there so many poor? Well, it has to do with the education of a US Citizen. Our system sucks at producing civilians who contribute, as the numbers of people who don't complete the school system are staggering.

We won't have a country much longer if we don't fix education.
Then get the leftists who are in charge of it out of the way.

Well I guess we will see how well THAT particular philosophy flies when the rest of the world overtakes the US.

"Well guys, we're a third world country now. But we can still READ....right?"

Then perhaps you should stop supporting ideas that are designed to turn the US into a third-world country.

Wow. Schakowski is a Moderate Moonbat. She actually thinks people deserve to keep SOME of their money.

Who knew?

CHICAGO (WLS) - A lot of reaction Wednesday morning to Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky's interview with Don Wade and Roma.

Schakowsky said that Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money because we need taxes to support our society.

“I’ll put it this way. You don’t deserve to keep all of it and it’s not a question of deserving because what government is, is those things that we decide to do together. And there are many things that we decide to do together like have our national security. Like have police and fire. What about the people that work at the National Institute of Health who are looking for a cure for cancer,” Schakowsky said.

Schakowsky also says one reason the 2009 stimulus bill did not succeed was because it was not large enough.​

I always wonder why Jan shows up on Don Wade's show. He usually makes her look like an idiot.
Just a guess, but I don't think she needs any help.

Well, you got me there! :lol:

Dave since you started the thread perhaps you can explain which part you disagree with and why. Do you think there should be no taxes at all?

He won't agree with that, but I do. Taxation is theft.

End of story.

Explain to me why, unless you're your own Country/entity, you deserve to keep ALL your money? Just lemme know. Maybe I'm missing something.

The question is "how much are you entitled to keep?" That's what all you libturds are afraid to answer. Apparently because there is no lower upper limit on how much you think the government should take.

He's not wrong.

Sorry but it's true.

I'm sorry. I can definitely relate to those skeptical of gov't spending generally. But this jealousy that poorer people don't pay income tax (while contributing to the country through payroll taxes)?

It really puts me off.

Explain to me why, unless you're your own Country/entity, you deserve to keep ALL your money? Just lemme know. Maybe I'm missing something.

Explain to me why it is OK for someone who chooses not to work gets to have the government take my money and give it to them? If they did it directly I would get to shoot them or they would get arrested for robbery etc. So you tell me what's the difference?

Explain to me why it is OK for someone who chooses not to work gets to have the government take my money and give it to them? If they did it directly I would get to shoot them or they would get arrested for robbery etc. So you tell me what's the difference?

Because that's one of the differences of an enlightened society versus a 3rd world.

If you don't like it, go make your money in a 3rd world country where there are no rules.

Forum List

Back