Schakowsky: Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money

Not really, but I'm sure it comforts you to believe so.

Sure it is.

Which part of American's don't deserve to keep ALL of their money do you disagree with?

The only way you could ever keep all of your money is if you advocated paying no taxes whatsoever. If that's not what you're advocating then you did in fact create a faux-outrage thread.

That's your response? You can't even answer an honest question?

I think you're the one that doesn't know what words mean.

If you earned your money you deserve it.

Now school me child. The difference between deserves and obligations................

Obligation is something you are required to meet. If you evade taxes, you break the Law, therefore, Legally, you do not own 100% of your income because legally, you are OBLIGATED to pay taxes.

Yet they still deserved all of their pretax income.

Have you figured it out yet? Do we need to hold your hand?

Explain to me why, unless you're your own Country/entity, you deserve to keep ALL your money? Just lemme know. Maybe I'm missing something.

Why don't you tell us? 50% of you leeches pay zero FEDERAL INCOME TAX. That means the other 50% have to provide for your gimmmie gimmmie societal demands.. fuck that shit. :cuckoo:

You don't know my financial status there, huff puffer.

Why don't you talk like a grown up. You post reads like a 14 year old's.

The extremists trolls on the right wing like to equate taxation to Marxism.

Okay so that's how they feel.

Now seriously, what sane Republican or Democrat or Independent CARES what such trolls opine?

Explain to me why, unless you're your own Country/entity, you deserve to keep ALL your money? Just lemme know. Maybe I'm missing something.

Why don't you tell us? 50% of you leeches pay zero FEDERAL INCOME TAX. That means the other 50% have to provide for your gimmmie gimmmie societal demands.. fuck that shit. :cuckoo:

Funny considering you're part of that 50% that pays nothing.

If you earned your money you deserve it.

Now school me child. The difference between deserves and obligations................

Obligation is something you are required to meet. If you evade taxes, you break the Law, therefore, Legally, you do not own 100% of your income because legally, you are OBLIGATED to pay taxes.

Someone hasn't figured it out yet. S'not me.

You're leaving it at "deserve"......while the OP clearly states do not "deserve TO KEEP," and where one has a legal obligation to pay taxes, they don't deserve TO KEEP 100% of their income. It's pretty simple.

So the OP has a problem with having to pay taxes to support our national security?
I have no problem with paying taxes for any Constitutionally-mandated spending.

It's the other crap I have to pay for I don't like.

Where does this statement encompass keeping ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of your money

I guess its going right over some people's heads. It isnt about how much money, or even what it is spent on, it is the concept that you don't "deserve" your own property. The statist mindset seems to be that you have to justify keeping what is yours, and that your possessions are really only yours at the whim of the state.

The proper mindset is that what is yours, is yours, and it is up to the government to convince, not force, you to determine that funding the government is in your best interest.

answer the question whydoncya? or you just gonna sit there in you peeeee and whine some more?

You're leaving it at "deserve"......while the OP clearly states do not "deserve TO KEEP," and where one has a legal obligation to pay taxes, they don't deserve TO KEEP 100% of their income. It's pretty simple.

LOL I shall not be swayed in my belief of robin hood.

YES STAY ALL MEDIEVAL ON US

What you're witnessing is a classic example of redefining the argument and moving the goal posts. It's either that or you get what Daveman does and ignore answering questions that he knows he has no answer for.

Like I said....Faux-outrage thread.

answer the question whydoncya? or you just gonna sit there in you peeeee and whine some more?

It's a rhetorical question you brainless schmuck.

Maybe you missed the part about the Police and Fire Dept's being Local and State matters more than Federal. Good try though. She might have been better off naming Federal Services to make her point. Maybe that is part of the point though, in that the cart is leading the horse. Why abandon Government by the consent of the Governed? Make your case for appropriation, let the people decide what is worth funding, and work within your means. I have an idea, let's try Federalism, it'll be a first. Imagine the possibilities. No Structure is of more value than that which it serves. Get it... Serves. Alien concept I know. It was turned on it's head so long ago.

Life, Liberty, Property, Pursuit of happiness, Unalienable Right's, not by Government, by our Maker. It is for Government to Establish Justice, not redefine what it thinks it is according to it's own selfish wants. There is a trust involved here. You choose to either Earn it or steal it.

Where does she say that, exactly?

I think the money belongs to who's earned it, of course, but in order to earn anything you need the security and infrastructure in place to allow you to do so, which isn't free. So, you belong paying for said things if you're earning your livelihood on the back of it.
Soggy did a great job explaining it:
BTW.. consenting to pay a certain level of taxes doesn't mean I don't deserve the money I have legally earned.

Yes, consenting to pay taxes DOES mean you don't deserve all the money you have legally earned. It means EXACTLY that, in what world DOESN'T it? Not this one. Infrastructure and defense is not free.
In the real world.

Sure it is.

Which part of American's don't deserve to keep ALL of their money do you disagree with?

The only way you could ever keep all of your money is if you advocated paying no taxes whatsoever. If that's not what you're advocating then you did in fact create a faux-outrage thread.

That's your response? You can't even answer an honest question?
I can when I'm asked one.

I have no problem with paying taxes for any Constitutionally-mandated spending.

It's the other crap I have to pay for I don't like.

Where does this statement encompass keeping ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of your money

I guess its going right over some people's heads. It isnt about how much money, or even what it is spent on, it is the concept that you don't "deserve" your own property. The statist mindset seems to be that you have to justify keeping what is yours, and that your possessions are really only yours at the whim of the state.

The proper mindset is that what is yours, is yours, and it is up to the government to convince, not force, you to determine that funding the government is in your best interest.

Exactly. Criminal. Something we have been at war with from the foundation. "What's mine is mine, and what's Your's is mine" syndrome. ;)

Maybe you missed the part about the Police and Fire Dept's being Local and State matters more than Federal. Good try though. She might have been better off naming Federal Services to make her point. Maybe that is part of the point though, in that the cart is leading the horse. Why abandon Government by the consent of the Governed? Make your case for appropriation, let the people decide what is worth funding, and work within your means. I have an idea, let's try Federalism, it'll be a first. Imagine the possibilities. No Structure is of more value than that which it serves. Get it... Serves. Alien concept I know. It was turned on it's head so long ago.

Life, Liberty, Property, Pursuit of happiness, Unalienable Right's, not by Government, by our Maker. It is for Government to Establish Justice, not redefine what it thinks it is according to it's own selfish wants. There is a trust involved here. You choose to either Earn it or steal it.

Local and State...............................Federal......doesn't matter, they all need to be paid for. That's the only point and it's pretty much common sense is it not?

Once fire, police, military, roads, bridges.......etc are all built by YOU, PERSONALLY, then at THAT point, you TRULY earned all of your money.

Everyone making a living today is riding the back of security and infrastructure. Since you can't do it all yourself, you're obligated to pay for it.

Sure... with this line of thinking, you should let the gubmint willy-nilly annex 1/4 of your house, your car, your boat, your furniture, your summer home, your 401K, your Roth, your RV's, etc. After all, you don't deserve all of it.

Geeze you Marxist ninnies are annoying.

That's over the top sensationalism based off of fear and irrationality. Save it. Nobody deserves 100% of their money, so she was right. The Government is not free. Once it is, you'll have a point.

As opposed to what, telling me I have to justify why I deserve to keep that which I have created? Your premise is ridiculous... this isn't Venezuela.

Give me a break.

Sure... with this line of thinking, you should let the gubmint willy-nilly annex 1/4 of your house, your car, your boat, your furniture, your summer home, your 401K, your Roth, your RV's, etc. After all, you don't deserve all of it.

Geeze you Marxist ninnies are annoying.

That's over the top sensationalism based off of fear and irrationality. Save it. Nobody deserves 100% of their money, so she was right. The Government is not free. Once it is, you'll have a point.

As opposed to what, telling me I have to justify why I deserve to keep that which I have created? Your premise is ridiculous... this isn't Venezuela.

Give me a break.

Except for what you conveniently forget, is that you didn't completely create it.

That's what you miss.

You're riding the back of security and infrastructure, and without it, you make zero. It's not that hard, and it's definitely not free.

Local and State...............................Federal......doesn't matter, they all need to be paid for. That's the only point and it's pretty much common sense is it not?

Once fire, police, military, roads, bridges.......etc are all built by YOU, PERSONALLY, then at THAT point, you TRULY earned all of your money.

Everyone making a living today is riding the back of security and infrastructure. Since you can't do it all yourself, you're obligated to pay for it.

People, through their Representatives, determine the level of taxes they are willing to pay for desired services. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with what one deserves or doesn't deserve.

People, through their Representatives, determine the level of taxes they are willing to pay for desired services. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with what one deserves or doesn't deserve.

That level can never be zero or said people will not have a means to make their living. Paying for infrastructure, a necessary evil I know.

Forum List

Back