Schakowsky: Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money

You, the individual members of the great unwashed, only have what you have because, we, the magnificent collective members of the Federal Government allow you to have it from our largesse.

We provide the stage, the scenery, the props and the background mood. You, the product of the union of a lucky sperm, in contrast, only arrive by accident to partake of our generosity.

When we request more from you, for a higher purpose than you are able to perceive, we expect you to relinquish what we ask willingly, with all due haste, without comment or complaint.

Last edited:
That's over the top sensationalism based off of fear and irrationality. Save it. Nobody deserves 100% of their money, so she was right. The Government is not free. Once it is, you'll have a point.

As opposed to what, telling me I have to justify why I deserve to keep that which I have created? Your premise is ridiculous... this isn't Venezuela.

Give me a break.

Except for what you conveniently forget, is that you didn't completely create it.

That's what you miss.

You're riding the back of security and infrastructure, and without it, you make zero. It's not that hard, and it's definitely not free.

The security and infrastructure you speak of would not exist if not for the private sector. Your world is ass-backwards.

Put down Das Kapital for a minute....

As opposed to what, telling me I have to justify why I deserve to keep that which I have created? Your premise is ridiculous... this isn't Venezuela.

Give me a break.

Except for what you conveniently forget, is that you didn't completely create it.

That's what you miss.

You're riding the back of security and infrastructure, and without it, you make zero. It's not that hard, and it's definitely not free.

The security and infrastructure you speak of would not exist if not for the private sector. Your world is ass-backwards.

I'm not arguing public versus private sector in terms of who created it, crackhead, I'm talking in-terms of how it's paid for................. and it's paid for through taxation...........and without that infrastructure and security, your capitalism does not exist.

CHICAGO (WLS) - A lot of reaction Wednesday morning to Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky's interview with Don Wade and Roma.

Schakowsky said that Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money because we need taxes to support our society.

“I’ll put it this way. You don’t deserve to keep all of it and it’s not a question of deserving because what government is, is those things that we decide to do together. And there are many things that we decide to do together like have our national security. Like have police and fire. What about the people that work at the National Institute of Health who are looking for a cure for cancer,” Schakowsky said.

Schakowsky also says one reason the 2009 stimulus bill did not succeed was because it was not large enough.​

She's right.

Bush put forth this lunacy that we could have wars, new departments and entitlements while cutting taxes.

That's nuts.
We have the power to level our enemies. Instead, we went after the immediate threat in Afghanistan with the purpose of changing the state from a society of fear and punishment that harbors terrorist into a democracy that rules itself and discourages terrorism.

The enemy is a determined enemy that has links all over the world eager to destroy freedom and America and instates new branches of terrorism wherever there is a leader willing and able to allow terror camps in his country who wish to destroy, divide, and conquer all manner of democracy and freedom.

Let us consider fighting them back through a determined unity and spirit of accepting each other as equals and friends.

That puts terror on the run more than anything else. If we fail to be united, it will fall to some future leader to use power to level enemies instead of accommodate them. I'd prefer that not ever happen.

We need to be fearless in our American family to remain as committed family members.

Just my morning perspective. :muahaha:

Explain to me why, unless you're your own Country/entity, you deserve to keep ALL your money? Just lemme know. Maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe you missed the part about the Police and Fire Dept's being Local and State matters more than Federal. Good try though. She might have been better off naming Federal Services to make her point. Maybe that is part of the point though, in that the cart is leading the horse. Why abandon Government by the consent of the Governed? Make your case for appropriation, let the people decide what is worth funding, and work within your means. I have an idea, let's try Federalism, it'll be a first. Imagine the possibilities. No Structure is of more value than that which it serves. Get it... Serves. Alien concept I know. It was turned on it's head so long ago.

Life, Liberty, Property, Pursuit of happiness, Unalienable Right's, not by Government, by our Maker. It is for Government to Establish Justice, not redefine what it thinks it is according to it's own selfish wants. There is a trust involved here. You choose to either Earn it or steal it.

Local and State...............................Federal......doesn't matter, they all need to be paid for. That's the only point and it's pretty much common sense is it not?

Once fire, police, military, roads, bridges.......etc are all built by YOU, PERSONALLY, then at THAT point, you TRULY earned all of your money.

Everyone making a living today is riding the back of security and infrastructure. Since you can't do it all yourself, you're obligated to pay for it.

You totally miss the point. Yes Government Structure is Necessary and should be paid for. No, the People were not created to support Government. Government was created to support the People. Governments limits are decided by the consent of the Governed, not the other way around. This is not a Totalitarian Dictatorship, are you arguing otherwise?

Federal, State, and Local Government each have Their Jurisdiction's, through due process and rule of Law. Give it a thought, before violating our Right's, for a change.

Maybe you missed the part about the Police and Fire Dept's being Local and State matters more than Federal. Good try though. She might have been better off naming Federal Services to make her point. Maybe that is part of the point though, in that the cart is leading the horse. Why abandon Government by the consent of the Governed? Make your case for appropriation, let the people decide what is worth funding, and work within your means. I have an idea, let's try Federalism, it'll be a first. Imagine the possibilities. No Structure is of more value than that which it serves. Get it... Serves. Alien concept I know. It was turned on it's head so long ago.

Life, Liberty, Property, Pursuit of happiness, Unalienable Right's, not by Government, by our Maker. It is for Government to Establish Justice, not redefine what it thinks it is according to it's own selfish wants. There is a trust involved here. You choose to either Earn it or steal it.

Local and State...............................Federal......doesn't matter, they all need to be paid for. That's the only point and it's pretty much common sense is it not?

Once fire, police, military, roads, bridges.......etc are all built by YOU, PERSONALLY, then at THAT point, you TRULY earned all of your money.

Everyone making a living today is riding the back of security and infrastructure. Since you can't do it all yourself, you're obligated to pay for it.

You totally miss the point. Yes Government Structure is Necessary and should be paid for. No, the People were not created to support Government. Government was created to support the People. Governments limits are decided by the consent of the Governed, not the other way around. This is not a Totalitarian Dictatorship, are you arguing otherwise?

Federal, State, and Local Government each have Their Jurisdiction's, through due process and rule of Law. Give it a thought, before violating our Right's, for a change.

Unless it's plausible to pay zero, absolute zero............then it doesn't matter which is obligated by which for the particular argument that you're never going to be entitled to 100% of your income so long as we have a non-free infrastructure and security. The semantics game is for discussing "what amount over zero dollars," "the government provides for us we don't provide for the government," etc............

That matters in terms of the amount.........................but the fact that it will never be FREE, EVER, makes her statement valid.

CHICAGO (WLS) - A lot of reaction Wednesday morning to Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky's interview with Don Wade and Roma.

Schakowsky said that Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money because we need taxes to support our society.

“I’ll put it this way. You don’t deserve to keep all of it and it’s not a question of deserving because what government is, is those things that we decide to do together. And there are many things that we decide to do together like have our national security. Like have police and fire. What about the people that work at the National Institute of Health who are looking for a cure for cancer,” Schakowsky said.

Schakowsky also says one reason the 2009 stimulus bill did not succeed was because it was not large enough.​

He's not wrong.

We make our money here, we raise our children here, we are a part of this country. If we don't give back to the country and only take, it ceases to be.

Sorry but it's true.

Give me a break.

That's what you miss.

Bullshit.

That's what you miss.

I'm not arguing public versus private sector in terms of who created it, crackhead, I'm talking in-terms of how it's paid for................. and it's paid for through taxation...........and without that infrastructure and security, your capitalism does not exist.

No, you were demanding an explanation as to why anyone is entitled to keep 100% of that which they earn. You have the roles of gubmint and the people confused. Gubmint deserves that which the people deem it deserves, not vica versa.

He's not wrong.

We make our money here, we raise our children here, we are a part of this country. If we don't give back to the country and only take, it ceases to be.

Sorry but it's true.

that is true, that's why it's so damn wrong that 50% of Americans pay ZERO FEDERAL INCOME TAX. It's time to change that. Know why? Cause the takers are soon to outnumber the givers.. and the country will cease to be.

Give me a break.

That's what you miss.

10 to 15% of the bridges in the U.S. are structurally deficient. Tell us how and when you'd fix that.

No, you were demanding an explanation as to why anyone is entitled to keep 100% of that which they earn. You have the roles of gubmint and the people confused. Gubmint deserves that which the people deem it deserves, not vica versa.

You're quibbling over non-sense as it pertains to the sheer fact: infrastructure and security will never cost $0.00.

In terms of reality, if you disagree with that statement ^ then ypou're delusional.
If you agree with it, then alas.............................you either don't and will never keep 100%.................................security and infrastructure cease to exist and you lose your ability to earn to begin with......one of the two. It's reality.

She's right.

Bush put forth this lunacy that we could have wars, new departments and entitlements while cutting taxes.

That's nuts.
We have the power to level our enemies. Instead, we went after the immediate threat in Afghanistan with the purpose of changing the state from a society of fear and punishment that harbors terrorist into a democracy that rules itself and discourages terrorism.

The enemy is a determined enemy that has links all over the world eager to destroy freedom and America and instates new branches of terrorism wherever there is a leader willing and able to allow terror camps in his country who wish to destroy, divide, and conquer all manner of democracy and freedom.

Let us consider fighting them back through a determined unity and spirit of accepting each other as equals and friends.

That puts terror on the run more than anything else. If we fail to be united, it will fall to some future leader to use power to level enemies instead of accommodate them. I'd prefer that not ever happen.

We need to be fearless in our American family to remain as committed family members.

Just my morning perspective. :muahaha:

Becki..you sort of missed the point.

Stuff costs money.

Check on WWII. No one lowered taxes. They actually sold bonds to pay for the war. Everyone was asked to sacrifice. People had "victory gardens", conserved electricity, saved rubber and other petroleum products and lots of other things.

They weren't cutting taxes and telling people to shop.

what-the-fuck-meme-generator-what-the-fuck-am-i-reading-3255b3.jpg

You, the individual members of the great unwashed, only have what you have because, we, the magnificent collective members of the Federal Government allow you to have it from our largesse.

We provide the stage, the scenery, the props and the background mood. You, the product of the union of a lucky sperm, in contrast, only arrive by accident to partake of our generosity.

When we request more from you, for a higher purpose than you are able to perceive, we expect you to relinquish what we ask willingly, with all due haste, without comment or complaint.

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
On flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
And audit us our trespasses,
As we file suit against those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into liberty,
But deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
And the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

He's not wrong.

Sorry but it's true.

that is true, that's why it's so damn wrong that 50% of Americans pay ZERO FEDERAL INCOME TAX. It's time to change that. Know why? Cause the takers are soon to outnumber the givers.. and the country will cease to be.

This is the type of argument I love. Because the "takers" are basically at the top..not the bottom. The givers are the ones on the assembly lines producing goods, the truckers moving goods from place to place, the pickers of our crops, the people picking up the garbage, the people nursing our sick, the people protecting our communities, the people fighting the fires, the people working in grocery stores, the people making hamburgers, the people coding the applications, the people checking network connectivity, the people fixing the power lines, the people cleaning the sewers, the people running the trains, the people flying the planes, the people serving drinks and food, the people making furniture, the people moving furniture, the people off loading the ships and most every wage earner in the country. That's also where a majority of the troops fighting our wars come from.

The takers are the people that are executives at the places the givers work..and they feel they are entitled to make compensation which is vastly greater then the givers.

And that's the world Conservatives, support.

The takers. Or the Dragons of America.

He's not wrong.

Sorry but it's true.
He's a she.

Yes, we have an obligation to pay for government. But her phrase..."You don’t deserve to keep all of it"...says she doesn't believe we should pay taxes out of respect for the nation. She thinks, "Who the hell are you to think you should keep your own money?!"

So the OP has a problem with having to pay taxes to support our national security?
I have no problem with paying taxes for any Constitutionally-mandated spending.

It's the other crap I have to pay for I don't like.

As long as you get to decide what is or isn't Constitutional, right?
I can read the Constitution. I don't have to have it interpreted for me by leftists who don't give a shit about it.

He's not wrong.

Sorry but it's true.

That's different. Somehow. It just is.

Forum List

Back