Schakowsky: Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money

BTW.. consenting to pay a certain level of taxes doesn't mean I don't deserve the money I have legally earned.

This unfortunately is the core of Marxist ideology... that the State owns what you create, and by virtue of its benevolence, let's you keep what it deems you deserve.

So the OP has a problem with having to pay taxes to support our national security?
I have no problem with paying taxes for any Constitutionally-mandated spending.

It's the other crap I have to pay for I don't like.

Where does this statement encompass keeping ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of your money
Who do you think money belongs to?

It seems the confused lady in the OP thinks it all belongs to the government, which graciously allows you to keep some of it.

Explain to me why, unless you're your own Country/entity, you deserve to keep ALL your money? Just lemme know. Maybe I'm missing something.

Sure... with this line of thinking, you should let the gubmint willy-nilly annex 1/4 of your house, your car, your boat, your furniture, your summer home, your 401K, your Roth, your RV's, etc. After all, you don't deserve all of it.

Geeze you Marxist ninnies are annoying.

That's over the top sensationalism based off of fear and irrationality. Save it. Nobody deserves 100% of their money, so she was right. The Government is not free. Once it is, you'll have a point.

Oh I get it, this is one of those faux-outrage threads.
Not really, but I'm sure it comforts you to believe so.

Sure it is.

Which part of American's don't deserve to keep ALL of their money do you disagree with?

The only way you could ever keep all of your money is if you advocated paying no taxes whatsoever. If that's not what you're advocating then you did in fact create a faux-outrage thread.

Last edited:
I have no problem with paying taxes for any Constitutionally-mandated spending.

It's the other crap I have to pay for I don't like.

It seems the confused lady in the OP thinks it all belongs to the government, which graciously allows you to keep some of it.

Where does she say that, exactly?

I think the money belongs to who's earned it, of course, but in order to earn anything you need the security and infrastructure in place to allow you to do so, which isn't free. So, you belong paying for said things if you're earning your livelihood on the back of it.

CHICAGO (WLS) - A lot of reaction Wednesday morning to Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky's interview with Don Wade and Roma.

Schakowsky said that Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money because we need taxes to support our society.

“I’ll put it this way. You don’t deserve to keep all of it and it’s not a question of deserving because what government is, is those things that we decide to do together. And there are many things that we decide to do together like have our national security. Like have police and fire. What about the people that work at the National Institute of Health who are looking for a cure for cancer,” Schakowsky said.

Schakowsky also says one reason the 2009 stimulus bill did not succeed was because it was not large enough.​

She's right.

Bush put forth this lunacy that we could have wars, new departments and entitlements while cutting taxes.

That's nuts.

Oh I get it, this is one of those faux-outrage threads.

Sure it is.

Which part of American's don't deserve to keep ALL of their money do you disagree with?

The only way you could ever keep all of your money is if you advocated paying no taxes whatsoever. If that's not what you're advocating then you did in fact create a faux-outrage thread.

CHICAGO (WLS) - A lot of reaction Wednesday morning to Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky's interview with Don Wade and Roma.

Schakowsky said that Americans don't deserve to keep all of their money because we need taxes to support our society.

“I’ll put it this way. You don’t deserve to keep all of it and it’s not a question of deserving because what government is, is those things that we decide to do together. And there are many things that we decide to do together like have our national security. Like have police and fire. What about the people that work at the National Institute of Health who are looking for a cure for cancer,” Schakowsky said.

Schakowsky also says one reason the 2009 stimulus bill did not succeed was because it was not large enough.​
Jan Schakowsky doesn't deserve the privilege of spending my money. Let her tax her own people to death. If they reelect this Wonder Woman, let it be on them.

I think the money belongs to who's earned it, of course, but in order to earn anything you need the security and infrastructure in place to allow you to do so, which isn't free. So, you belong paying for said things if you're earning your livelihood on the back of it.
Soggy did a great job explaining it:
BTW.. consenting to pay a certain level of taxes doesn't mean I don't deserve the money I have legally earned.

Yes, consenting to pay taxes DOES mean you don't deserve all the money you have legally earned. It means EXACTLY that, in what world DOESN'T it? Not this one. Infrastructure and defense is not free.

Yes, consenting to pay taxes DOES mean you don't deserve all the money you have legally earned. It means EXACTLY that, in what world DOESN'T it? Not this one. Infrastructure and defense is not free.

You have this so ass backwards its astonishing. They deserve every cent. Then comes the obligation to fund government.

Pull your head out!!!

You have this so ass backwards its astonishing. They deserve every cent. Then comes the obligation to fund government.

Pull your head out!!!

I think you're the one that doesn't know what words mean.

Pull your head out!!!

If you earned your money you deserve it.

Now school me child. The difference between deserves and obligations................

Explain to me why, unless you're your own Country/entity, you deserve to keep ALL your money? Just lemme know. Maybe I'm missing something.

Why don't you tell us? 50% of you leeches pay zero FEDERAL INCOME TAX. That means the other 50% have to provide for your gimmmie gimmmie societal demands.. fuck that shit. :cuckoo:

Pull your head out!!!

If you earned your money you deserve it.

Now school me child. The difference between deserves and obligations................

Obligation is something you are required to meet. If you evade taxes, you break the Law, therefore, Legally, you do not own 100% of your income because legally, you are OBLIGATED to pay taxes.

Forum List

Back