Zone1 Satan

Genesis 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

Was it cruel for God to limit life to 120 years or younger? Before this in Genesis, it was said man lived to almost a thousand years old. In fact, scientists are not sure why people even age.

At the surface, it may appear cruel, but keep in mind God had just got done with the Great Flood, killing the wicked people during that day.

How bad would the world have been had say, Hitler, lived to be almost a thousand?

He did not make it much past 50 years old and had the entire world at war alongside an ugly genocide.

So, is this cruel?

If you were God, how would you have done things?

I rather enjoyed the movie Bruce Almighty as he was given God's powers for a day or so.

If I were God?
I wouldn't have tortured Job on a bet, flooded the word because I was pissed, murdered infants to make a point, murdered Lot's wife because I was pissed...
Personally I'd have been fishing and playing racquetball with the other gods and let the humans take care of themselves.

Genesis 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
Explain
Methuselah
Enoch
Adam

All of whom lived over 200 years.

Explain
Methuselah
Enoch
Adam

All of whom lived over 200 years.
You are not getting it.

Before the flood people lived close to a thousand years.

After the flood God limited it to 120 years.

Why he did that he did not say, but it is pretty evident. It was done to minimize the damage evil people could do. You simply give them less time to do evil.

If I were God?
I wouldn't have tortured Job on a bet, flooded the word because I was pissed, murdered infants to make a point, murdered Lot's wife because I was pissed...
Personally I'd have been fishing and playing racquetball with the other gods and let the humans take care of themselves.
Again, he did not lay a hand on Job.

If God told you not to stick your head in an airplane propeller and you did and it got lopped off did God do it?

And if a society is to devolve into a murderous evil entity would God not feel compelled to try and save other from it or just ignore it?

You are not getting it.

Before the flood people lived close to a thousand years.

After the flood God limited it to 120 years.

Why he did that he did not say, but it is pretty evident. It was done to minimize the damage evil people could do. You simply give them less time to do evil.
OR
the long lives were a myth bought about by moon calendars.

Ergo, Methuselah lived 80 years.

Occam's Razor little buddy.

All knowing and all powerful do not preclude cruelty.

I think the better question is if a god is all loving and all powerful why does he allow suffering.
From The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint's perspective, since man's intelligence was not created or made and neither indeed can be, God would not have the ability to make man perfect from an intellectual and moral stand point since God could not create mankind's intelligence.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:29
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

This would mean that God would not have the power to create the intelligence of mankind since it is self-existing and each intelligence would be in the state it exists in at any given time in its infinite existence. This would mean that God would have to bring man up to become perfect in another way than simply creating man to be perfect. So how does God get mankind to progress to become more perfect if He could not simply create them to be perfect? God must give mankind teachings and experience to learn to become more perfect. So God creates a temporal (temporary) existence where mankind can come to a world and experience good and evil and by learning to choose of his own free will and choice to be a good being, man can progress to become more like God himself. Giving mankind a free will and allowing him to choose between good and evil is going to bring about evil in the world with mankind being in an imperfect state. Thank goodness its a temporary existence and that God is over all. From evil choices by mankind, and being subject unto pain, suffering and death suffering exists. But if God did not allow imperfect mankind to have free will, but forced mankind to be good, would mankind really be good in and of themselves? NO! Free will is critical from mankind to become a good being in and of oneself!

So having free will is critical and since mankind is imperfect in their state as self-existing beings, then naturally bad decisions are going to be made. But a loving God teaches his children correct principals of loving each other and how to conduct oneself to minimize suffering. He also provides a Savior to allow mankind to repent of his sins and be forgiven. In this way mankind can progress toward perfection and eventually learn to choose good over evil. By experiencing a temporary state of suffering and death, mankind learns to love and appreciate in the eternal scheme of things the good principals of existence and immortality and eternal life. This mortal life is a school ground for man to learn good and evil and to learn what death and suffering are. However, they can contrast those things with the good and happiness and joy of this mortal life. Through this progression, mankind can become a great appreciator of good and overcome evil and become a better being. Through Jesus Christ and the resurrection we come out of this temporary mortal existence and gain immortality to never die again. If we have learned to choose good over evil to a very, very high degree and are willing to abide by all the laws of God's kingdom, we are allowed to live in the kingdom of heaven in the hereafter. If we are not willing to abide by the law of God's kingdom, God places us into lower kingdoms where we are willing to abide by the laws of those lower kingdoms.

So the reason God allows suffering in this temporary world is so that our self-existent intelligence can progress to understand good from evil and to learn to choose good over evil and become better beings. Since God cannot use force and has to use free will to help us choose goodness over evil of our own free will and choice to become good beings, much of the suffering in this life is due to mankind making bad decisions. However, we can learn from these things and improve our lot in this temporal existence. Thank God this life is only temporary and is for our progress and learning. In the hereafter we will have immortality and death, sickness and other mortal frailties will not exist. However, the degree of our joy and happiness will still depend on the degree we are willing to live the laws of joy and happiness. Those who are not willing to abide by a celestial law should not be allowed among those who are willing to abide by that law or it would not be a heaven. Thus having separate kingdoms is a good idea to allow everyone to live among those who are like themselves and willing to abide by the same law.

The idea that God is all powerful does not mean that God can do absolutely anything imaginable but that God is able to do all that is possible to do. Mankind does not possess the knowledge of all that is possible. There are things that are infinitely impossible even for God. I believe God has revealed that the intelligence of man was not created or made and neither indeed can be. Thus mankind could not be created perfect since God could not create man's intelligence. I also do not believe that God ever creates anything from absolutely nothing. This is the doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

So the only punishment Satan ever got from God, was banishment. Which is weird because God created him and knew this would happen.. anyway..
There is no other punishment for Satan, if you even call that a punishment.
But this loving God will punish his creation, that he supposedly loves, while not punishing Satan? He punished the tempted, not the tempter...
Doesnt that seem a bit messed up to you?
Can anyone explain this?

satan is dead ...

the emulation is what remains for some that is the task for each individual and humanity to eradicate as well. for admission to the everlasting.

If I were God?

You remind me of the main character in Bruce Almighty, before he realized how wrong he was about God. Except that your perception is way, way, way more off than Bruce's. :lol:

You remind me of the main character in Bruce Almighty, before he realized how wrong he was about God. Except that your perception is way, way, way more off than Bruce's. :lol:

When "God" shows up let me know cause
1707615008894.png

So the only punishment Satan ever got from God, was banishment. Which is weird because God created him and knew this would happen.. anyway..
There is no other punishment for Satan, if you even call that a punishment.
But this loving God will punish his creation, that he supposedly loves, while not punishing Satan? He punished the tempted, not the tempter...
Doesnt that seem a bit messed up to you?
Can anyone explain this?
What seems "a bit messed up" is the lack of comprehending the content that actually exists in the word of God. All of God's creations were created with FREE WILL, including the fallen Angel known as Satan/Devil. "For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for JUDGEMENT." -- 2 Peter 2:4 "And the angels who did not keep their proper domain; but left their abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day." -- Jude 6

Sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), its clear that the angels were created with free will.

Not even the God of heaven can know how man or an angel might make free will decisions in some distant future, as decisions/judgments are fluid and based upon the reality that surrounds you at any point in time.

This is made clear in the Book of Genesis......How could the Lord have regretted that He had made man on the earth.........IF HE KNEW IN ADVANCE THE THOUGHTS AND DECISIONS OF MANKIND? God was sorry that He created man.....why? ".......the Lord saw the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intention of his heart was evil continually........." -- Genesis 6:5-9

How then does God control the future and the free will decisions of mankind in making His projected intentions come to pass? This also is explained with no ambiguity whatsoever.

"Remember the things of old (the past/history): For I am God, and there is none else; I am God and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning (ruling over the past, present and future), and from ancient times (pre-history), the things not yet done (future), saying My counsel shall stand and I shall do My pleasure..........." -- Isa. 46:9-11

when you continue to read from the book of Isaiah God explains just how He makes future events come true. He Plans for something, then He declares what He has planned (in the present)...........and when the time He has chosen comes to pass.........He makes that which He planned in the past come true, regardless of man's decisions based upon free will. He is God, all powerful (omnipotent), all knowing (omniscient), and present at all times because He is an eternal spirit without end or beginning (omnipresent) -- Isaiah 46:9-11

God is a Spirit (John 4:24). God is eternal (Ps. 45:6, Deut. 33:37) Who is to Stop the Eternal God of Heaven from carrying out His plans to deal with Satan, and the sins of mankind? Its revealed in the Word of God that God's plan to save mankind through the birth, life, death and resurrection of His only begotten Son, has existed before the worlds were created or time itself began (1 Peter 1:20, 2 Tim. 1:9)

Forum List

Back