Sarah Palin Proves Martin Bashir Right

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
By Defending Racist Homophobe Phil Robertson

Sarah Palin’s defense of Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson’s racist and homophobic comments demonstrates that former MSNBC host Martin Bashir was right about her all along.

-----------

Bashir lost his job, because he was right about Palin. He was right about the ugliness that she thrives and feeds off of. Her comments defending Phil Robertson confirm that Bashir was unjustly pushed out the door at MSNBC. The fate of Martin Bashir delivered a powerful message. The media will never stand up to right wing racism and bigotry, and they will remove anyone from their ranks who do.

Sarah Palin Proves Martin Bashir Right By Defending Racist Homophobe Phil Robertson

What did that Duck guy say that was racist and homophobic?

Looking around for a transcript myself:
Sarah Palin Proves Martin Bashir Right By Defending Racist Homophobe Phil Robertson

Robertson’s comments about gays to GQ are getting the bulk of the attention, “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

However, his comments about race were just as bad, “I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Assuming that's accurate, I don't see any problem. The first is defacto Bible Scripture, the second sounds fine to me. Even mentally switched 'black' with 'Jew' to see if I'd be offended and I wasn't. I think this is all a PC much ado about nothing moment.

Ah the liberal war on women.

Well, let me qualify that.....their war on strong women who they see as a threat. Perhaps that's why there is such ambivalence concerning Hillary's looming candidacy.

I've been funeral hopping. Again. Tough year. :(

Just tell me, what did the duck guy say that was homophobic and racist?

Nothing. He accused black people of being happy in 1955.

I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash.

So his equating blacks with white trash is happy?

He was doing the opposite of being racist. By being "white trash" he was not being superior to the blacks he was growing up with.

Forum List

Back