San Francisco families no longer 'feel safe,' hire private security amid crime spree

I am 84.

I remember the days when it was absolutely unthinkable that ordinary families would have to install security systems in their homes, let alone spend money to hire a private security service to patrol a particular neighborhood.

And there used to be a time when a teacher's word was enough to handle disputes. Today many schools need security guards or even city cops.

It's hurtful to state one of the main reasons for this lamentable development -- so I shan't.

I am 84.

I remember the days when it was absolutely unthinkable that ordinary families would have to install security systems in their homes, let alone spend money to hire a private security service to patrol a particular neighborhood.

And there used to be a time when a teacher's word was enough to handle disputes. Today many schools need security guards or even city cops.

It's hurtful to state one of the main reasons for this lamentable development -- so I shan't.
usually, that one word is control.

Forum List

Back