Student Loan Forgiveness

IDIOCRACY

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2017
Wouldn't this be an accurate description in many or most cases? How come? Personally, I think the left's actions are never right pardon pun. They reward laziness, poor decisions, and send negative messages to invite more of it, training for less from the public, and their support.

Other than the Democrats rewarded with most of the support as result, why would the left reward bad behavior? To create an environment for a dumbing down to weaken the public economically and socially, so the top has more control over YOU.

My daughter will finish at a good University for free. Previous University free as well. She has an AAA personality though, plays it right. Full academic scholarship, to finish her last year and a half. Prior scholarship, and grants. She's already nailed a paid internship, with the city's largest (BIG) accounting firm, starting Jan. In the meantime, she's paid $38 an hour to assist on a hospital floor, filling in shifts when she can. I only help with parking, and some rent coming up. She's my mom x 1.2, skips a generation, sorta, figure she's earned it?

Compare and contrast to attending 100K for woke, antisemite, anti-science, and deny history Universities, for degrees in liberal trash. Awesome plan, 400K gets a govt. job herding welfare, homeless, drug addicts, and convicts. Jobs you can nail without a high school diploma, ask me how I know........FUCK, Karen's everywhere. The Democrats receive most of the support for their effort.

student-loan-debt-v0-imvf7tcumkxb1.jpg

Last edited:
The college knew this guy failed high school algebra four straight years ... and happily watched him fail algebra four more years ... [ka'ching] ... his debt now, the college just raises tuition ...

Dropping out of high school and going into the trades was the smartest thing I ever did ... bar none ...

Wouldn't this be an accurate description in many or most cases? How come? Personally, I think the left's actions are never right pardon pun. They reward laziness, poor decisions, and send negative messages to invite more of it, training for less from the public, and their support.

Other than the Democrats rewarded with most of the support as result, why would the left reward bad behavior? To create an environment for a dumbing down to weaken the public economically and socially, so the top has more control over YOU.

My daughter will finish at a good University for free. Previous University free as well. She has an AAA personality though, plays it right. Full academic scholarship, to finish her last year and a half. Prior scholarship, and grants. She's already nailed a paid internship, with the city's largest (BIG) accounting firm, starting Jan. In the meantime, she's paid $38 an hour to assist on a hospital floor, filling in shifts when she can. I only help with parking, and some rent coming up. She's my mom x 1.2, skips a generation, sorta, figure she's earned it?

Compare and contrast to attending 100K for woke, antisemite, anti-science, and deny history Universities, for degrees in liberal trash. Awesome plan, 400K gets a govt. job herding welfare, homeless, drug addicts, and convicts. Jobs you can nail without a high school diploma, ask me how I know........FUCK, Karen's everywhere. The Democrats receive most of the support for their effort.

student-loan-debt-v0-imvf7tcumkxb1.jpg
Oh fuck that. My daughter in law has been paying student loans for 15 years. She WAS paying $850/ month. That amount was dropped because of Covid regs to $450 but that barely covers the interest.

She owes $85K still and shops at Goodwill

Oh fuck that. My daughter in law has been paying student loans for 15 years. She WAS paying $850/ month. That amount was dropped because of Covid regs to $450 but that barely covers the interest.

that doesnt disprove the premise,,

Is that intended to suggest you have some entitlement to have your debt dumped on others?

$85k isn't much to owe if she earns a good living in a field that provides people what they need.

Somehow I don't think this girl was studying electrical engineering or proctology in college, otherwise it would already be paid off.

The problem isn't Student Loan Forgiveness (well that is it's own problem)...

The problem is the cost of higher education which goes way beyond tuition, you have to factor in materials, fees, room & board, transportation, etc.

Forgive the debt now and not addressing the reason the debt exists means in 10 years we care going to be right back where we are now.

WW

Is that intended to suggest you have some entitlement to have your debt dumped on others?
It’s not being dumped on anyone. Greedy ass banks take the hit.

Banks are. Banks that have been charging market rates on loans that are not a risk (since they can’t be defaulted on).

And they have this huge pool of these loans.

Guaranteed student loans should be at less than 2%. Not the 5-6-7% they they are.

Banks are. Banks that have been charging market rates on loans that are not a risk (since they can’t be defaulted on).

Guaranteed student loans should be at less than 2%. Not the 5-6-7% they they are.
5-6-7% isn't very much at all for an unsecured loan without co-signers, made to someone with an uncertain future and ability to pay back the money.

And now, the borrowers are trying to get out of the loans by "forgiveness"

What is her degree in?

its being dumped on the tax payer and the colleges have already collected the profits,,

the banks get paid off and still get their interest,,

so the real losers are the tax payers and the people that already paid off their debt,,

so much for equality,,

The Federal Reserve is a privately owned bank. Mostly foreigners. Europeans. Interest is the lifeblood of it, and they extort from the customer. No shortage of local and regional institutions doing the same even if there are other options. So perhaps if the Fiat Currency was owned by the citizens of the nation, we could take a loan and just add the inflation per year to the principal taken out for education. The education must be approved for that though. No course majors with little chance of employment in the field. So, you pay 500 dollars a month and there is 5% inflation the next year it is 525 dollars a month. If inflation is 3% the year after, then you add that to the 525 dollars a month the following year. The two options would be that the principal will always be the 500 dollars as there was no interest the first year or include the inflation in with the principal with restrictions if the inflation is to high.

You may be confusing private student loans which the administration can't forgive with federal student loans backed by the government.

As I said, the government can't forgive private loans.

As to the government backed loans it can forgive them, however the lending institutions are paid and the debt is shifted to the taxpayers.

WW

You may be confusing private student loans which the administration can't forgive with federal student loans backed by the government.

As I said, the government can't forgive private loans.

As to the government backed loans it can forgive them, however the lending institutions are paid and the debt is shifted to the taxpayers.

WW
so being home loans are government backed they can forgive all those right??

so being home loans are government backed they can forgive all those right??

Home loans are less risky for the government, as those loans are collateralized.

Student loans are just made on the borrower's signature.

IMHO, the rate on these loans should be at least 12% to cover the risk

Forum List

Back