Sacha Baron Cohen Posed as Disabled Vet to Get Sarah Palin Interview

• Banned
there's nothing funny about dressing like a wounded vet. In fact it's disgusting. Hope there's more to this story...

Palin has lashed out at Sasha

posing as a disabled Vet and he hasn't had his a$$ kicked?
what a jackass
bastard

The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 was signed by President Barack Obama on June 3, 2013. The Act makes it a federal crime to fraudulently claim to be a recipient of certain military decorations or medals in order to obtain money, property, or other tangible benefit.

As a veteran, it pisses me off when posers wear the uniform and try to claim benefits or status they aren't entitled to.

Did Cohen wear the uniform when he talked to Palin? Is an interview with Palin a tangible benefit? Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if he was charged under this act.

The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 was signed by President Barack Obama on June 3, 2013. The Act makes it a federal crime to fraudulently claim to be a recipient of certain military decorations or medals in order to obtain money, property, or other tangible benefit.

As a veteran, it pisses me off when posers wear the uniform and try to claim benefits or status they aren't entitled to.

Did Cohen wear the uniform when he talked to Palin? Is an interview with Palin a tangible benefit? Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if he was charged under this act.
He didn't have to wear a uniform he fraudulently used a disabled veteran status to obtain an interview and getting paid by Showtime is the tangible benefit.

He didn't have to wear a uniform he fraudulently used a disabled veteran status to obtain an interview and getting paid by Showtime is the tangible benefit.
In that case, I hope he gets charged. I doubt he will be though.

Shame on Sacha Baron Cohen! Shame on him! He doesn't know when to stop!

Disgusting! :mad-61:

If there is any decency left in him, he should go out there and apologize profusely to all veterans!

What he did is the lowest of the low and if he thinks that's funny he is a moron.

Somehow, I believe Palin. The guys an opportunist without morals.

But Palin went on to explain what she experienced under the guise of participating in what she thought was a “documentary” about American veterans.

This “legit opportunity” to honor American Vets and contribute to a “legit Showtime historical documentary” was requested of me via a speakers bureau.

For my interview, my daughter and I were asked to travel across the country where Cohen (I presume) had heavily disguised himself as a disabled US Veteran, fake wheelchair and all. Out of respect for what I was led to believe would be a thoughtful discussion with someone who had served in uniform, I sat through a long “interview” full of Hollywoodism’s disrespect and sarcasm – but finally had enough and literally, physically removed my mic and walked out, much to Cohen’s chagrin. The disrespect of our US military and middle-class Americans via Cohen’s foreign commentaries under the guise of interview questions was perverse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back