Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead

TEN MONTHS left of Obamas presidency that McConnell wanted to wait for the next presidents choice , now 47 days left and the scumbag wants to go back against that?

Repubs held the senate then...and repubs hold the senate now.

HA HA! :laughing0301:

What they are doing now.......is sickening..........I'm not the problem...........they have pushed this violence and abuse of power to extremes...........Sorry........I DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORIST.

I am the son of a combat veteran, 56, served 5 tours before being honorably discharged. So I know exactly where you're coming from. I have not seen the hells of war. I would prefer not to. That it why I take this position.
I haven't really seen the hell of it.......Navy so we didn't get up close and personal anyways.........

Let me ask you a simple question.........BLM in Portland going to a restaurant ......Raising there FISTS and demanding people sitting there eating to RAISE THEIR FISTS and chant with them or else.

What is your take on that..........and has the left pushed it..............yes or no...........

Then I want you to tell me what you think if someone said Covert to Islam or DIe............

What is your take on that................

So the position the SB McConnell took under Obama's choice of a SC person
doesn't hold anymore?? I can't say anything bad enough about republicans and their lack of ethics because I notice a mod here and don't want to get kicked out .

Ed -

Speaking to Fox News last year, McConnell suggested his stance was not hypocritical -- because in 2020, Republicans would control both the White House and the Senate, unlike Democrats in 2016, who controlled only the White House.

"You have to go back to 1880s to find the last time a Senate controlled by a party different from the president filled a vacancy on the Supreme Court that was created in the middle of a presidential election year," McConnell told Fox News.

doesn't hold anymore?? I can't say anything bad enough about republicans and their lack of ethics because I notice a mod here and don't want to get kicked out .
so when biden said you can't vote in a lame duck year, he never said that?

just stop, eddie. this victim crap has long since ran its course. time to spoon up to your own bullshit and learn to swallow. if the democrats could slam a SCOTUS through just because they could, you know damn well they would and you'd cheer it on.

spoon up, son. spoon up.
TEN MONTHS left of Obamas presidency that McConnell wanted to wait for the next presidents choice , now 47 days left and the scumbag wants to go back against that? You and your POS' deserve the worst Hope it comes soon to you scum
and before that, biden said the same thing when it suit the lefts purposes. so get off of this shit. to say it's hypocritical when you know good and well the left would slam a SCOTUS through if they could is twice as hypocritical of you.

just get over yourself.
Yup, Moscow Mitch invoked the so called ' Biden Rule' in 2016 so it stands he will do it again..right?

"The American people‎ should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new President," McConnell said in a statement hours after Scalia died in February 2016. - Mitch McConnell
"Democrats shouldn't have pushed for a politically motivated impeachment" September 2020 bigrebnc1775

When the hell have the DNC played Fair in recent history.............they set up the rules of engagement and now cry when KARMA comes a calling.

Karma works both ways...
And here is the problem.

PRECEDENTS GET SET.

and then what?

Both sides do it, but it has become far more extreme in recent years with an utter trashing of norms and standards.

Precisely what I meant. If one side takes the initiative of breaking that precedent, a new precedent would take its place. But our politicians lack any personal or moral integrity.

When the hell have the DNC played Fair in recent history.............they set up the rules of engagement and now cry when KARMA comes a calling.

Karma works both ways...
And here is the problem.

PRECEDENTS GET SET.

and then what?

Both sides do it, but it has become far more extreme in recent years with an utter trashing of norms and standards.

Precisely what I meant. If one side takes the initiative of breaking that precedent, a new precedent would take its place. But our politicians lack any personal or moral integrity.
What used to be considered standards of behavior, codes of conduct...unwritten codes we all followed by consensus, are broken. When that happens...we are forced to create laws to cover them...I.e. the PC culture. Political precedents are being created at a rapid pace...in just the last 4 years, upending norms. If the Democrats follow suit (and looking at the outspoken new generation such as AOC, I see that as possible)...what then?

I am conservative in certain small things...like respecting established political norms.

I don’t know. Your generation, Templar, is going to be affected than mine. I am on my way out so to speak.

You are confused Moon Bat.

The "norm" is for the President to nominate a Supreme Court Justice and for the Senate to vote on it.

Go look it up. I shit you not.

If one party controls the Senate and another one the Presidency then they may play politics like we saw in 2016 and other times but when one party controls both branches then it is pretty much a done deal.

Stop your whining. It just makes you look like a fool. Suck it up Buttercup. Trump is going to replace that asshole Libtard with a good Conservative and their ain't nothing you stupid Moon Bats can do about it. Go put on your pink pussy hat and march in the street and howl at the sky if you don't like it.

Ed -

Speaking to Fox News last year, McConnell suggested his stance was not hypocritical -- because in 2020, Republicans would control both the White House and the Senate, unlike Democrats in 2016, who controlled only the White House.

"You have to go back to 1880s to find the last time a Senate controlled by a party different from the president filled a vacancy on the Supreme Court that was created in the middle of a presidential election year," McConnell told Fox News.
i don't care who says what. i would prefer we set rules around this and both sides follow them. til then, opportunists in action. you're a hypocrite if you say the right SHOULDN'T DO IT when you know the LEFT WOULD.

that payback i believe Coyote was talking about maybe.

A 4 to 4 tie cannot stop trump

Yes it can. If a negative ruling against the sitting president is made by a lower court, and it is brought to a 4-4 court, a tie upholds the lower court. That could have serious ramifications on national policy. And this election.
With Ginsberg gone where would you get a 4-4 tie?

Roberts voting with the liberals brings a 4 to 4 tie so trump cannot be stopped

But Roberts May try to hide like the rat he is and vote against the liberals

CNN just reported that RBG told her granddaughter before she died that she did not want Trump picking her successor.

I guess that's just tough shit, because Donald J Trump is President, and will be making an appointment.

Since Sleepy Joe doesn't like the Biden Rule that McConnell honored last time, we can expect the appointment for replacement immediately.

Remember Merrick Garland? The American people should make that decision in the upcoming election - which is only 45 days away. Remember Mitch McConnell's words for not allowing a Senate vote on Merrick Garland?

I do remember the big fuss about Merrick Garland, and I'm sure that Sen. McConnell does as well.

He took a lot of heat, a lot of senators felt that the sitting President should have been allowed to have a justice confirmed in his last year.

He isn't going to take that kind of heat again, especially as the author of the Biden Doctrine is now leader of the Dem Party.
You mean the McConnell doctrine. He set a precedent.

He deserved to take heat. But he is a hypocrite. What he does now has nothing to do with taking heat.
Just wait til after the election to appoint someone

I predict confirmation hearings by mid December
Anything sooner would just be a distraction

Pence could vote to break a Senate confirmation tie, right?

Yep.

Then and only then, will your tears taste the sweetest. Regardless of whether Trump wins or loses, he will have successfully stopped the liberal progressive agenda for a generation.
Which was the main reason Hillary had to lose............and why they went so postal over it.............another they will melt down

Great series BTW

doesn't hold anymore??

The one where he quoted Biden?
You come across Grahams quote will or maybe McConnells ?? Come on guy I know you have it in you lol

Wow! What happened? How did she die? This is such a surprise! Just last week, I think, Trump released a list of candidates for the Court, didn't he???

What happened - was she in an train derailment, car wreck? What?
The effects of her many cancers

The Supreme Court announced her death, saying the cause was complications from metastatic cancer of the pancreas.

There is no such thing as a right-wing ideologue. They follow the law and Constitution...it's what makes them so dangerous to the Left.

RBG created the situation that she abhorred at her death. She should have retired while Soetoro was still President. Now her fondest wishes will be unheeded.

In all honestly, she was thwarted by her own vanity.

Name an outstanding opinion that she wrote.

A 4 to 4 tie cannot stop trump

Yes it can. If a negative ruling against the sitting president is made by a lower court, and it is brought to a 4-4 court, a tie upholds the lower court. That could have serious ramifications on national policy. And this election.
With Ginsberg gone where would you get a 4-4 tie?

Roberts voting with the liberals brings a 4 to 4 tie so trump cannot be stopped

But Roberts May try to hide like the rat he is and vote against the liberals
how do you know where Roberts would vote? one would hope he would stick with his constitutional oath

Forum List

Back