Rules for wearing a mask.

What are the rules for wearing a mask in Covid times...................Who should wear them........when........why........how long........can they cause health issues...........will they stop the spread of the Covid...........and so on.

At work we are required to have them on in the vehicles and during the day......OUTSIDE and at work if we get near people...........Now we use cloth masks........or whatever the hell we can find like Neck chaffs to pull up long enough for those setting the dang rules to leave.

Now it's over a 100 degree heat index where I work........Humid as hell......and whatever you wear will GET SWEATY.

Let's look at this article I found here.

While wearing a mask may be uncomfortable, the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed it does not result in oxygen deficiency. Still, there are steps to take to make the experience more comfortable.
"Make sure it fits properly and that it is tight enough to allow you to breathe normally. Do not reuse a disposable mask and always change it as soon as it gets damp," the organization stated.

Nice huh............over a hundred degrees and in 5 to 10 minutes it's damp with your sweat.............and they say it change it if it gets wet..............do we bring them in by the 55 gallon drums to keep them dry every day..............

Rules are made by people sitting in AC offices who don't have to deal with it in the field.......and by experts who don't have to experience the real world conditions of the Construction world...........WET CLOTH MASKS.........Make it FING DIFFICULT TO BREATH............PERIOD..........I don't care if anyone quotes anything on the net............anyone who thinks that is good for you

Do this...............put on your mask....go out in humid VERY HOT WEATHER.......AND START WORKING YOUR ASS OFF FOR HOURS ON END.......then tell me how you like it...............

Anyways.........what do you think.......agree disagree......blah blah blah....the usual

Here's a link to OSHA on it.
Last I heard the WHO also said mask wearing wasn't necessary for healty people and may even be a health risk.

If you look at the revalent scientific data on the virus you can readily see that masks are entirely ineffective in blocking covid 19 virus cells from passing right though the mask unheeded.

Given the fact that wearing a mask long term i.e. for more than minutes at a time, creates an ideal environment for bacteria and other infectious agents to thrive, it's easy to understand why the masks worn by most folks can actually pose a health hazard.

The mask does not protect you from getting the Covid-19 virus from others. It protects others from getting it from you.

And wearing a proper mask (ie n95) does not pose any health risks. Even if you wear it for hours. Surgeons and surgical nurses wear a mask for hours at a time, day after day.

I keep a mask in my vehicle at all times...in case a forest fire breaks out and there's choking smoke and ash in the air.
Wearing a mask in public when around people is the responsible and respectful thing to do. Therefore, it's no surprise that you wouldn't wear one around people when out in public. Then again, it is probably very rare that you leave your basement anyway, and it's also common knowledge on this board that you are an idiot.

Please explain why half the liberals are not wearing masks then you can run your big stupid mouth clown.

Just throw it in the microwave with your food and that should dry it out.
Guess we'll have to install microwave ovens on the job site........yesterday was in a confined space in a drum.................might be able to change it every 5 minutes...

LOL

Tell your employer you need a blower and hose to ventilate the confined space. It won't be much cooler, but the breeze will help.
I've only been this type of work for decades........doesn't matter if you are in that vessel or not.......it's hot as hell in there.....we had some temp AC in there but not enough to stop you from sweating........Hell you know what it's like in MUGGY LAND.......you wear a dang mask outside and not in a tank......you are going to sweat.......PERIOD...............

And that mask WILL GET SWEATY....unless you have a Genie in your pocket..........go out in FRC'S.....what we have to wear...hard hat......boots and wear a MASK......CLOTH and cut your grass for a few hours and get back to me.

It is STUPIDITY.

Oh I know. I worked confined spaces for years. I don't understand the need for a mask in a tank. Are there more than one of you in it?
6..........Desalter.........changing insulators.........56 of them........for 3 ionization grids........pretty standard.......

Doesn't matter though.......if you are outside and are using these cloth masks IT IS STUPID.........now before you begin.......I've worn every respirator known......except maybe NASA......lol.......there is a lot of bad stuff in a Refinery..........as well you know.....but wearing cloth rags on your face because of this COVID NONSENSE....

Is plain STUPID.

These people are amazing:

They get wet over time even if you are in the AC.......they fog up your safety glasses ....and in that case well they aren't even needed.............

I see people wearing them and near the road and NO ONE is a half mile away............We HAVE A LOT OF STUPID PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY.

I wouldn't wear one driving, but I'd put it on only around people or in stores. I hate wearing a mask.

They should have special mask for you guys, a head gear that is light and sealed.

" Authorities said they have not ruled out another medical reason as a contributing cause to the crash, but said they did not find any evidence that the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. "

I have never heard of a surgeon or a surgical nurse passing out due to wearing an n95 mask. If there was actually such a risk, would they allow surgeons to operate, using sharp instruments and power tool, on an unconscious patient?

I also don't understand why anyone wears them while driving.

I wouldn't wear one driving, but I'd put it on only around people or in stores. I hate wearing a mask.

They should have special mask for you guys, a head gear that is lite and sealed.
OMFG..........we have every respirator known.......I doubt you have had to wear one for a whole dang shift............

It isn't for everyone.......try it in a boiler for a entire shift because of Refactory fibers..........Fresh air isn't so bad..........but tell me the need to wear Fresh air all day......dragging a hose around all day to do simple work.....LOL

These rules are INSANE.......in the heat IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP THESE THINGS DRY..........PERIOD.

Unless you live in no humidity places...........and it is not good for you to put a wet rag over your mouth which it ends up being all day long even when you change them

It IS STUPID.

" Authorities said they have not ruled out another medical reason as a contributing cause to the crash, but said they did not find any evidence that the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. "

I have never heard of a surgeon or a surgical nurse passing out due to wearing an n95 mask. If there was actually such a risk, would they allow surgeons to operate, using sharp instruments and power tool, on an unconscious patient?

I can wear a regular surgical mask but not an n95.

They are used to it and better fit than some...........not worn for a long time periods........Anyone can get used to them for short times........but in the heat they need to allow EXHALE without trapping the moisture like cloth masks.............We aren't gonna have a construction world where everyone is wearing half mask respirators until COVID is gone.....

Agree on why was the lady wearing a mask in her car.....by herself........it does NOTHING.

Its the equivalent of putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out of your yard.
What are the rules for wearing a mask in Covid times...................Who should wear them........when........why........how long........can they cause health issues...........will they stop the spread of the Covid...........and so on.

At work we are required to have them on in the vehicles and during the day......OUTSIDE and at work if we get near people...........Now we use cloth masks........or whatever the hell we can find like Neck chaffs to pull up long enough for those setting the dang rules to leave.

Now it's over a 100 degree heat index where I work........Humid as hell......and whatever you wear will GET SWEATY.

While wearing a mask may be uncomfortable, the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed it does not result in oxygen deficiency. Still, there are steps to take to make the experience more comfortable.
"Make sure it fits properly and that it is tight enough to allow you to breathe normally. Do not reuse a disposable mask and always change it as soon as it gets damp," the organization stated.

Nice huh............over a hundred degrees and in 5 to 10 minutes it's damp with your sweat.............and they say it change it if it gets wet..............do we bring them in by the 55 gallon drums to keep them dry every day..............

Rules are made by people sitting in AC offices who don't have to deal with it in the field.......and by experts who don't have to experience the real world conditions of the Construction world...........WET CLOTH MASKS.........Make it FING DIFFICULT TO BREATH............PERIOD..........I don't care if anyone quotes anything on the net............anyone who thinks that is good for you

Do this...............put on your mask....go out in humid VERY HOT WEATHER.......AND START WORKING YOUR ASS OFF FOR HOURS ON END.......then tell me how you like it...............

Anyways.........what do you think.......agree disagree......blah blah blah....the usual

Last I heard the WHO also said mask wearing wasn't necessary for healty people and may even be a health risk.

If you look at the revalent scientific data on the virus you can readily see that masks are entirely ineffective in blocking covid 19 virus cells from passing right though the mask unheeded.

Given the fact that wearing a mask long term i.e. for more than minutes at a time, creates an ideal environment for bacteria and other infectious agents to thrive, it's easy to understand why the masks worn by most folks can actually pose a health hazard.
We know that.....but when you google it they go..........NO IT DOESN'T LOL..........

The powers to be don't care if people have to wear sweaty dang masks........because they are the one's who DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO.......

Cloth masks don't stop jack squat..........only prevent moisture droplets that if exposed to direct sun would be toast in a minute and a half

These RULES are made by people who couldn't pour pee out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel.
And then there's the "mask shaming" types, which I have had to deal with a couple of times now, since this has started. Both are Leftist, one telling me," People aren't entitled to their FREEDOMS during a pandemic. If you aren't wearing a mask, you're literally killing other people. " , while the other person, just yesterday, masked shamed me by informing me of the increased new cases and how many of the cases are people my age and younger, asking," Don't you wear a mask? You need to think about people who are "at risk" like me!" I explained I haven't worn a mask unless required and that she is welcome to wear one (we have visited multiple times, in close proximity, neither of us wearing a mask,...oh, and we both smoke...). She "shamed" me while NOT wearing a mask and I have never seen her wear one for that matter. Bottom line, if a person is that concerned, then wear a mask, and if a person is sick, stay inside! This "shaming" culture, "apology " culture and "cancel" culture is just that! A CULT!

They should have special mask for you guys, a head gear that is lite and sealed.
OMFG..........we have every respirator known.......I doubt you have had to wear one for a whole dang shift............

It isn't for everyone.......try it in a boiler for a entire shift because of Refactory fibers..........Fresh air isn't so bad..........but tell me the need to wear Fresh air all day......dragging a hose around all day to do simple work.....LOL

These rules are INSANE.......in the heat IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP THESE THINGS DRY..........PERIOD.

Unless you live in no humidity places...........and it is not good for you to put a wet rag over your mouth which it ends up being all day long even when you change them

It IS STUPID.
Are you working about people?? Are they 6' away?

It IS STUPID.

Maybe since your work is so hot, perhaps that can just use signs and syptoms and take a temp on you, every morning.

It IS STUPID.
Yes and NO.........time to time...........dozens in the area.....you get near them just walking around........and the Mask Nazi's come..........they want everyone wearing them...........

Most just fake this junk when they are around and go ho hum.............Because EVERYONE THINKS IT'S STUPID........we look at the one's who do the rules with SCORN...........

Again.......people making rules who don't have to do this.........And THEY DON'T PROVIDE MASKS.........Imagine that..................

They are also pay cutting everyone just like 2008.......with most people NOT RETURNING TO WORK THIS YEAR...........

Foreclosures will go through the roof when the Fed money ends..........it's starting already.......for this VIRUS.

It IS STUPID.

Maybe since your work is so hot, perhaps that can just use signs and syptoms and take a temp on you, every morning.
We get our temp taken every morning.........EVERY MORNING......it is a requirement to enter at all.........They use Airport style temp sensors now........anyone has a temp.........they aren't going in.........the one's we've heard who got Covid.......didn't run a temp.......LOL.....Imagine that.......only a few cases.........so far......LOL That we know of............and those whole crews are getting a 2 week paid vacation for it..........I'm sure it broke their hearts........

Guy we heard about has no issues with the virus from what we heard.......hardly knew he had it at all.

Its the equivalent of putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out of your yard.

We know that.....but when you google it they go..........NO IT DOESN'T LOL..........

The powers to be don't care if people have to wear sweaty dang masks........because they are the one's who DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO.......

Cloth masks don't stop jack squat..........only prevent moisture droplets that if exposed to direct sun would be toast in a minute and a half

These RULES are made by people who couldn't pour pee out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel.
And then there's the "mask shaming" types, which I have had to deal with a couple of times now, since this has started. Both are Leftist, one telling me," People aren't entitled to their FREEDOMS during a pandemic. If you aren't wearing a mask, you're literally killing other people. " , while the other person, just yesterday, masked shamed me by informing me of the increased new cases and how many of the cases are people my age and younger, asking," Don't you wear a mask? You need to think about people who are "at risk" like me!" I explained I haven't worn a mask unless required and that she is welcome to wear one (we have visited multiple times, in close proximity, neither of us wearing a mask,...oh, and we both smoke...). She "shamed" me while NOT wearing a mask and I have never seen her wear one for that matter. Bottom line, if a person is that concerned, then wear a mask, and if a person is sick, stay inside! This "shaming" culture, "apology " culture and "cancel" culture is just that! A CULT!
Well..........that cult can cost you your job now.......that is Reality..........most look the other way .........You only watch out for the asshats who people are learning are the RATS..............

And that is the truth.....

If it happens.....I already know of work in Texas......but I don't like traveling anymore if I don't have tooo...........Construction workers adapt.........others......NOT SO MUCH.

It IS STUPID.

We get our temp taken every morning.........EVERY MORNING......it is a requirement to enter at all.........They use Airport style temp sensors now........anyone has a temp.........they aren't going in.........the one's we've heard who got Covid.......didn't run a temp.......LOL.....Imagine that.......only a few cases.........so far......LOL That we know of............and those whole crews are getting a 2 week paid vacation for it..........I'm sure it broke their hearts........

Guy we heard about has no issues with the virus from what we heard.......hardly knew he had it at all.

It IS STUPID.

I don't put much stock in temps, they are likely to be a couple degrees off, but if you have a temp you will know it. So your boss makes you wear a mask, and they don't supply them. Maybe try a surgical mask they are lighter and not as heavy as a wet cloth mask. You can buy a lot off of amazon, for cheap. No sense paying big bucks for them. Maybe get together with other workers and pitch in and get a 100. Save your cloths masks when you go into stores in AC.

At least you have something in common with your coworkers, you hate wearing a mask and your all in the same boat.

It IS STUPID.

It IS STUPID.

I don't put much stock in temps, they are likely to be a couple degrees off, but if you have a temp you will know it. So your boss makes you wear a mask, and they don't supply them. Maybe try a surgical mask they are lighter and not as heavy as a wet cloth mask. You can buy a lot off of amazon, for cheap. No sense paying big bucks for them. Maybe get together with other workers and pitch in and get a 100. Save your cloths masks when you go into stores in AC.

At least you have something in common with your coworkers, you hate wearing a mask and your all in the same boat.
Of course we are in the same boat......which is why other crews alert everyone when the RATS are around LOL

Our company provides neck chaffs to pull up .....but on your neck they get sweaty just being there......bought one from the Army Navy Store for the truck.........but don't wear it in the field much at all because it gets dirty.

Try wearing a mask in the COKER........where EVERYTHING TURNS TO BLACK.........LOL

then see if you want to wear a mask again and get back to me.

COMMON SENSE has left the building in this country and world.

It IS STUPID.

It IS STUPID.

Of course we are in the same boat......which is why other crews alert everyone when the RATS are around LOL

Our company provides neck chaffs to pull up .....but on your neck they get sweaty just being there......bought one from the Army Navy Store for the truck.........but don't wear it in the field much at all because it gets dirty.

Try wearing a mask in the COKER........where EVERYTHING TURNS TO BLACK.........LOL

then see if you want to wear a mask again and get back to me.

COMMON SENSE has left the building in this country and world.

Well I feel for you. That is why in Mi the landscapers could go to work first, they were outside and not around others. Its not the dirt you see that you have to be scared of.

Don't you wear a respirator in the coker where everything turns black.

They should pay your big bucks to do what you do, but you said they cut your pay.

I mean people that go to rallies and the protestors should wear a mask, stores, public transportation, AC buildings, public functions, the more mask wearers the less the chance of spreading the virus.

I have a different opinion on the mask for people like you that have to labor all day in the heat, I'm sure you know what I mean. You sound like my SIL that works in the heat and he hates the mask he has to wear.

Be sure to drink lots of water.

Don't you wear a respirator in the coker where everything turns black.
depends on the job........but no it is not required for the amount......most get on your coveralls.

They should pay your big bucks to do what you do, but you said they cut your pay.
Mine hasn't yet but is coming most contractors are getting notices now......same as 2008. I do get good pay.

I have a different opinion on the mask for people like you that have to labor all day in the heat, I'm sure you know what I mean. You sound like my SIL that works in the heat and he hates the mask he has to wear.
Of course we do because it is stupid.........it gets wet from sweat and that isn't good for you....That is COMMON SENSE........Most can't stand it and think it's stupid........most do just enough to shut up the idiots making the rules to pat themselves on the back.........Guess they need that self gratification.......we don't.......this is stupid.

Be sure to drink lots of water.
Of course we do.........and that created JOBS.......Water cooler attendants..........LOL.......they give you water and use surgical gloves.........That is a NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY.......Not kidding.

Forum List

Back