If you are going to wear a mask for Covid protection, it MUST be an N95 mask fit tightly to your face.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
The N95 is the only mask that filters the exceptionally small Covid particles. And it MUST be fit tight to your face, such that when you remove the mask you have marks on your face. From what I've seen, maybe one person in 10 is wearing an N95 mask, the rest are kidding themselves.

I was told that even the most efficient mask -- as worn by surgeons --- still has "holes" which are around 15 times the size of a virus .
In which case they achieve somewhere between nothing and zero .
Am happy to be told that this information is untrue but I would then question if you could breathe if the "holes" were that small and I would require independent proof that such a manufacturing process is possible .

The N95 is the only mask that filters the exceptionally small Covid particles. And it MUST be fit tight to your face, such that when you remove the mask you have marks on your face. From what I've seen, maybe one person in 10 is wearing an N95 mask, the rest are kidding themselves.

Most viruses don't just float around as individual particles in the air. They are in clumps, usually associated with droplets of moisture. Even an old sock will filter the majority of those.

But yes, an N95 or KN95 mask is best. True hepa is good for area filtrations and mirv 16 or better air filters.

Most viruses don't just float around as individual particles in the air. They are in clumps, usually associated with droplets of moisture. Even an old sock will filter the majority of those.

But yes, an N95 or KN95 mask is best. True hepa is good for area filtrations and mirv 16 or better air filters.
Good luck wearing an old sock for a Covid mask! I see a lot of neckerchief "bandito masks" it's all I can do to keep from laughing.

Good luck wearing an old sock for a Covid mask! I see a lot of neckerchief "bandito masks" it's all I can do to keep from laughing.
ANything at all help, but I do have a good supply of KN95 masks for myself and my loved ones.

I've read the n95 is no better for stopping the miniscule covid virus than the worthless paper masks..

ANything at all help, but I do have a good supply of KN95 masks for myself and my loved ones.
That was always a certainty .
De CrapitUS and the anti Climate Change masks .

You could not invent such a Wally

Where I work all staff are required to wear N95 masks because COVID is high.

That was always a certainty .
De CrapitUS and the anti Climate Change masks .

You could not invent such a Wally
Are you really this much of a moron or so you just play one on the internet?

If it makes the person wearing it feel better, safer... well, more power to them. It has no affect on me or my choices.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back