Roe v. Wade getting overturned!!

thssm.23.09.08
#10,806

Do you really mean the last four words?

So if a Jewish woman wants to have an early elective abortion based upon her religion that God breathes his essence into a newborn at birth and that is when the value of life begins, but she lives in a state where the majority religion prevails that the value of life begins at conception, why can’t she get a legal abortion in her state where she lives? That is if each individual can decide when prior to birth when they believe the value of life begins? If as you say, to each their own.

I do not see you protecting a woman’s first amendment right to be not subservient to Catholic doctrine about when they insist their faithful accept that the sanctity of life begins.

Her conscience is not protected equally with other women in other states who have access to early abortion care? Why do you accept that?

nf.23.09.08 #10,813

Yes, it’s what I’ve been saying in this thread for…how long now? My argument isn’t about the morality of abortion, it’s about the government making it mandatory across the states.

So if a Jewish woman wants to have an early elective abortion based upon her religion that God breathes his essence into a newborn at birth and that is when the value of life begins, but she lives in a state where the majority religion prevails that the value of life begins at conception, why can’t she get a legal abortion in her state where she lives?

Because I’ve stated several times now that religion shouldn’t be the deciding factor of whether or not abortion should be legal. However, when it comes to that procedure, it’s up to the states, not the federal government, to make laws about it. If the people of the state want abortions, without exception, it’s up to them to petition their elected representatives to allow it.

I do not see you protecting a woman’s first amendment right to be not subservient to Catholic doctrine about when they insist their faithful accept that the sanctity of life begins.

Yes, you do, I’ve said repeatedly that religion should not be a factor. A woman can say when a life begins. I say it begins at conception, but my views are irrelevant. Again, this is not about what I believe, or what the woman believes, it’s about what’s constitutional.

thssm.23.09.08
#10,806

So if a Jewish woman wants to have an early elective abortion based upon her religion that God breathes his essence into a newborn at birth and that is when the value of life begins, but she lives in a state where the majority religion prevails that the value of life begins at conception, why can’t she get a legal abortion in her state where she lives? That is if each individual can decide when prior to birth when they believe the value of life begins? If as you say, to each their own.

Her conscience is not protected equally with other women in other states who have access to early abortion care? Why do you accept that?

nf.23.09.08 #10,813

Her rights are equal to every other person in her state. What other states do is irrelevant. If the people in HER state want what other states have, then she needs to advocate for it.

The same question you asked applies in the reverse…what if one state doesn’t want to be forced to provide the same services that another state does, be it abortion or any other law?

Why can one state prohibit open carry while another state allows it? Why does one state allow recreational marijuanna yet another state allows for medicinal use only? It’s because states make their own laws.

As far as the open carry, if a state bans it, I don’t think that is constitutional, but that is another argument.

By the way, any thoughts on national reciprocity? Have you found an answer on that yet?

Trump’s ultimate goal is to make (white) Americans feel safe from unauthorized immigration.

That is: White “Christian” Americans deeply morally religiously committed to the Saving Baby Fetus Cult.

Written before Trump was elected
As the first white Christian
nationalist President:

Trump’s not just demanding that the government implement all his policies before legalization could be placed on the table — he’s demanding that Americans start feeling that immigration is no longer an issue. Given that Americans’ fears about immigration are as much about race (if not more so) as they are about legal status, it doesn’t seem like that anxiety will fully disappear no matter what the government does.​

Trump’s ultimate goal is to make (white) Americans feel safe from unauthorized immigration.

That’s BS. Race has nothing to do with it. Why is it you lefty’s are ALWAYS the ones to being race into just about every argument?

Why did Biden turn away the Cubans and others trying to get into America? I guess they weren’t the right kind of brown…

CIVIL WAR yes. When did we survive Trump and his fifty million saint-patriots?
Ok, I survived it, you are quaking in your boots. It’s a non-issue and it will be quashed quickly, what is more dangerous is people trying to quash free speech, that is a real danger.

No, but roe mandated that states allow abortions.
States had to allow abortions for people who wanted them? Why can a state not allow access to a medical procedure that has been proven to be safe if as you say there is no moral issue with the procedure?

thssm.23.08.21
#10,452

States do not make decisions on the existence of an individual’s right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness when an individual pursues happiness according to their conscience that does not interfere with any other life liberty and pursuit of happiness of any other born individual.

The USSC could have backed precedent that privacy does protect a right to a medical procedures if public safety and individual rights of all persons in the state are not harmed. They could have told Mississippi that they were standing by precedent because Mississippi could not provide standing fir any person outside the body of the woman having an abortion is harmed by that procedure,

nf.23.08.09 #10,822

States do not make decisions on the existence of an individual’s right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness when an individual pursues happiness according to their conscience that does not interfere with any other life liberty and pursuit of happiness of any other born individual.

The federal government doesn’t either. You have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but for every person who thinks unrestricted abortion would make them happy, there’s another person who thinks a total abortion ban would make them happy.

Life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness is not a permission slip for the federal government to exceed their constitutional authority.

States had to allow abortions for people who wanted them? Why can a state not allow access to a medical procedure that has been proven to be safe if as you say there is no moral issue with the procedure?

I don’t know, that’s a question you’ll have to ask the state that has abortion restrictions. It’s simply not the job of the Supreme Court to create laws and rights, and it’s not the right of the federal government to exceed its authority to force something that should be decided by the states.

ppgrg.23.09.10
#10,840

lstmndr

I have a very serious question for Earthperson Papageorgio with regard to what Saint Lastamender’s unhealthy, worldview of truth.

Do you believe a functional democracy must have at the top of it’s interactions among citizens a very healthy respect for facts based determination of what truth is?

Can we have a functional democratic process of self rule of the people, by the people, and for the people if half, the people, are persuaded by some cult leader, that the department of justice, and the FBI and our entire court system, based on grand juries finding probable cause that a person commits a crime, have no foundation in truth?

Truth is what the cult leader says it is and it is protected by the cult leaders right to free speech and it’s believed to be true by nearly half the voting aged and participating population. Does that worry you?

nf.23.09.11 #10,841

I have a very serious question for Earthperson Papageorgio

..are you not also an earth person???

I KNEW it!! You’re an alien!!

😄

there’s another person who thinks a total abortion ban would make them happy.
Screw that person. That person suffers no harm when another person has an abortion. No harm to them whatsoever. They have the right to ban abortion in their personal life just like I did for my whole life. But I do not legislate my morality on anyone else.

My bigger issue is that there is a maternal death rate that you can’t get past. How can that saint who wants to ban abortions for everybody justify blocking a woman from getting an abortion and then she dies due to childbirth complications. I am talking about the right to life is an abortion issue the woman’s life.

My daughter, three months ago, went into the delivery room three weeks early because of a rare condition upon a complication that knew she had. She may be alive today because she lives within five minutes of a large maternity hospital in northern Virginia. When she got there at 4 AM in the morning, another woman came at the same time, apparently, with a much more grave condition, and they had to tend to her first, but my daughter’s condition was endangering both lives.

They had to scramble a second team to take care of both mothers appropriately at the same time.

Had she lived in a rural setting with maybe half an hour to get to a hospital. She may not have made it with our beautiful three month old grand daughter, that I’m spending my days with every day except the weekends.

Last edited:
I don’t know,
I thought we were having a conversation. You say it’s not a moral issue. But how can it be states only ban abortions because it’s a moral issue to it’s mostly white Christian Republican extremist constituents.

Because the abortion issue is a states rights issue. As the federal government has not created a law that is pro abortion, that’s why. You have an issue with the government not making a law, talk to your Congressman, they are responsible for Roe v Wade not becoming law. It seems Congress is more talk than doing. Democrats had the votes and the President to move abortion to law but they value votes and keeping the masses stirred up. See how the party claims to care works?

It’s simply not the job of the Supreme Court to create laws and rights,
The USSC has a duty to protect the individual’s right to protect their life from harm during childbirth by getting a pre-viability abortion as an unenumerated right.

Because the abortion issue is a states rights issue.
That is a moral argument pressed on the courts by white Christian extremists in some states just like ownership of black humans by white Christian humans used to be a state’s rights issue.

Now you say states have a right to own women’s reproductive organs when conception happens - reproductive slaves to please a Biblical God.

bvvgl.23.08
#10,673
I just love it when you out yourself as to what and who you truly are. Maybe I can keep irritating you so you can truly show your leftist stripes again and again, otherwise the ones that show that you could give a crap less about these women and their babies, but rather it's more about the slippery slope that you and other's like you fear the most, and all because of the roll or set back's

Who is this maternal health president Papageorgio BackAgain CarsomyrPlusSix protectionist ThisIsMe Independentthinker Frankeneinstein Frankenstein ding Lastamender airplanemechanic Flash eagle7-31 The Duke theHawk

The FY2023 Omnibus appropriations bill permanently grant states the option to provide 12 months of Medicaid coverage for postpartum women and children Recent legislative and administrative federal government action shows a focus on improving maternal health outcomes
On December 23, 2022, Congress passed the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 omnibus appropriations bill, which included a provision that would permanently grant states the option to provide 12 months of Medicaid coverage for postpartum women and children – a key win for counties. The provision was originally included as a time-limited provision in the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA/P.L. 117-2), and is aimed at reducing maternal death by providing access to life-saving health care coverage a full year after birth.

This policy change is one of several key policy measures aimed at mitigating the worsening maternal health crisis across the United States. In 2020, over 800 women died due to pregnancy or childbirth related complications, of which at least 80 percent of deaths were preventable, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Data on maternal mortality also points to significant racial and ethnic disparities, suggesting that black and indigenous birth people die at 2-3 times the rate of their white counterparts. And while rates of maternal death were at an all-time high in 2020, access to maternity care declined, with more than half of rural counties lacking hospitals with labor and birthing services and the number of counties considered to be maternity care deserts growing above 1,100.

ADDITIONAL MATERNAL HEALTH POLICIES PASSED IN THE 117TH CONGRESS
The FY2023 Omnibus appropriations bill permanently grant states the option to provide 12 months of Medicaid coverage for postpartum women and children Recent legislative and administrative federal government action shows a focus on improving maternal health outcomes

On December 23, 2022, Congress passed the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 omnibus appropriations bill, which included a provision that would permanently grant states the option to provide 12 months of Medicaid coverage for postpartum women and children – a key win for counties. The provision was originally included as a time-limited provision in the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA/P.L. 117-2), and is aimed at reducing maternal death by providing access to life-saving health care coverage a full year after birth.

This policy change is one of several key policy measures aimed at mitigating the worsening maternal health crisis across the United States. In 2020, over 800 women died due to pregnancy or childbirth related complications, of which at least 80 percent of deaths were preventable, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Data on maternal mortality also points to significant racial and ethnic disparities, suggesting that black and indigenous birth people die at 2-3 times the rate of their white counterparts. And while rates of maternal death were at an all-time high in 2020, access to maternity care declined, with more than half of rural counties lacking hospitals with labor and birthing services and the number of counties considered to be maternity care deserts growing above 1,100.

ADDITIONAL MATERNAL HEALTH POLICIES PASSED IN THE 117TH CONGRESS
BILL TITLE SUMMARYDATE SIGNED INTO LAW
Data Mapping to Save Moms’ Lives Act (P.L. 117-247)Requires the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to identify areas where high rates of poor maternal health outcomes overlap with lack of access to broadband services in order to pinpoint where telehealth services can be most effective12/20/2022
Maternal Health Quality Improvement Act of 2021Amends the Public Health Services Act to improve maternal health and obstetric care in rural areasMarch 9, 2022 (Passed with the FY 2022 Omnibus Appropriations)
Rural Maternal and Obstetric Modernization of Services (MOMS) ActImproves rural maternal and obstetric care data, awards new rural obstetric network grants, expands existing federal telehealth grant programs, and establishes a new rural maternal and obstetric care training demonstrationMarch 9, 2022 (Passed with the FY 2022 Omnibus Appropriations)
Protecting Moms Who Served Act of 2021 (P.L. 117-69)Codifies the Department of Veterans Affairs current maternity care coordination program
11/30/21
In addition to congressional action, the White House has indicated their commitment to close disparities in maternal care and outcomes for all birthing people by addressing systemic issues contributing to racial inequities in maternal death.

White House

Following the inaugural White House Maternal Health Day of Action and Maternal Health Summit in December 2021, the Maternal Health Blueprint was released in June of 2022, with 5 key objectives:

• To increase access to and coverage of comprehensive high quality maternal health services, including behavioral health
  • Ensure those giving birth are heard and are decision-makers in accountable systems of care
  • Advance data collection, standardization, transparency, research and analysis
  • Expand and diversify the perinatal workforce
  • Strengthen economic and social supports for people before, during and after pregnancy
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

The Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE)
released a report in December 2022, entitled “Doula Care and Maternal Health: An Evidence Review”, which provides an overview of the impact of doula care on maternal health outcomes and the role of Medicaid in increasing the uptake of doula care. The report highlighted the positive impact that doulas- trained professionals who provide physical, emotional, and informational support to pregnant and postpartum individuals- have on maternal and health outcomes before, during and after labor.

Additional progress by the Administration has been made through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The agency released their Maternity Care Action Plan to implement the Administration’s blueprint in July 2022. Additionally, prior to that, CMS has also approved multiple Medicaid Section 1115 waivers to extend postpartum coverage. As of December 2022, 36 states and D.C. have taken steps to implement the 12-month extension for Medicaid postpartum coverage.

Another key step made by CMS is the plan to establish a “Birth-Friendly Hospital” designation to help better describe the quality of maternal health services for the nation’s hospitals. It was announced that more than 25 health plans have committed to displaying the “Birthing-Friendly Hospital” designation next fall when the program goes live. The designation was established through a final rule from CMS last month, which provided national quality standards for maternal care in hospitals across the U.S.

As owners and administrators of the local health and human services social net, counties play a critical role in improving the health of pregnant and postpartum individuals. Counties applaud efforts at the congressional and administrative level to advance maternity care through the Medicaid program, which is operated through an intergovernmental partnership between states, counties and the federal government. NACo will continue to champion administrative efforts and the passage of bipartisan legislation in the 118th Congress that will assist counties in improving maternal health outcomes.

nf.23.09.14 #10,95

Last edited:

Forum List

Back