Republicans & Homosexuality ?!

What's your opinion about homosexuality?

• Homosexuality must be illegal and punishable.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

And you want the government to crack down on peoples right to marry and be who they're? Yet you call yourself small government. I am laughing.
It takes no big government to prevent gays from marrying. What a stupid argument you make.

Well, marriage and the benefits that come with modern marriage have everything to do with government. Who's argument is stupid? lol

Lets say that a church that supported gays wanted to marry gays? Would you be ok with that?
Fine wth me, but it would not be recognized by civil government.

churches might not recognize a civil marriage but the government would. Marriage is civil contract between two people and church should not be interfering.

God defined marriage. He married Adam and Eve.
Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Personally I don't give a crap its none of my business. Its also not the Federal Government's. Let the people in each state decide,

And you want the government to crack down on peoples right to marry and be who they're? Yet you call yourself small government. I am laughing.
It takes no big government to prevent gays from marrying. What a stupid argument you make.

Well, marriage and the benefits that come with modern marriage have everything to do with government. Who's argument is stupid? lol

Lets say that a church that supported gays wanted to marry gays? Would you be ok with that?
Fine wth me, but it would not be recognized by civil government.

churches might not recognize a civil marriage but the government would. Marriage is civil contract between two people and church should not be interfering.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Government issues marriage license, not the church. Government recognizes marriage by other religions and or atheists as well as bi-religious marriage.
Marriage is not a church matter, but if you like you can be married in a church if you have a state license.

You know? As President Ahmadinejad said : There is no homosexuals in Iran.
He's right, Unless we would give them equal rights.
Do you see? Homosexuals in Iran planed to left Iran as refugee, cuz they don't like Iran. They aren't Iranian, If they were, they would love Iran Instead of hate it and leave it.
So, This is a test that proves what President Ahmadinejad said. They aren't true Iranian. There is no Iranian homosexual in the world Because there is no homosexual who likes Iran.

Logical Conclusion :
If there was homosexuals among Iranians, we would surely give them equal rights, just same as straights. But there isn't.
So, We're more liberal from Americans. :lol: :biggrin: :p

Religious extremists are selective in the passages that they wish to follow.Its like flicking through the pages trying to find some crap to back up whatever poison is in your head.

Here's why the government is involved with the marriage contract. Marriage is a contract, a legally binding contract. A contract that enjoys the protection afforded by courts. This contract establishes a new legal entity, an entity combining the property of two individuals and establishing a next-of-kin relationship where no such relationship existed. The government has established special courts to dissolve and edjudicate the dissolution of this contract. These courts are called Divorce Courts.

There is no practical reason to exclude homosexuals from the rights and protections afforded under the marriage contract.

Right Wing Republicans, those most motivated by wedge issues like Gay marriage oppose it because they have twisted a loving, beautiful and forgiving faith like Christianity to gain what they see as cover for their own sexual hang ups. It's sad and pathetic, but their hate can manifest itself into real repression of the rights all American citizens must enjoy under our constitutional system.

Don't let any of them tell you that they are forced to participate in a same sex wedding. If they are wedding vendors, they are supposed to deliver the same high level of service they grant to any other customer. Otherwise they are in violation of Public Accomodation laws.

Yanno, I thought the only "sin" was to disobey the 10 Commandments, or the 7 Noahide Commandments.

And...................btw............there is nothing in the Bible about lesbians being sinful.

So what if Jesus did? I'm not a Christian, the US is not a theocracy, and if two dudes want to get down and dirty in the privacy of their own house, it neither s picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

You gotta wonder about democrats when they think more of the feelings of hairy guys in dresses than the mental and physical welfare of young boys. Democrats were absolutely outraged when the BSA won a case before the Supreme Court that allowed them to discriminate against hiring overt homosexuals to supervise young boys. What woman in her right mind would consent to having a heterosexual man supervise young girls at a freaking sleepover? Why should young boys be forced to be alone with homosexual men? Why can't homosexuals be considerate of the rights of evangelical Christians and go somewhere else to get a marriage license? It's no secret that militant homosexuals troll for discrimination and they can spot a Christian business or a Christian clerk a mile away. Couldn't they go somewhere else and get a freaking wedding cake made?

Here's why the government is involved with the marriage contract. Marriage is a contract, a legally binding contract. A contract that enjoys the protection afforded by courts. This contract establishes a new legal entity, an entity combining the property of two individuals and establishing a next-of-kin relationship where no such relationship existed. The government has established special courts to dissolve and edjudicate the dissolution of this contract. These courts are called Divorce Courts.

There is no practical reason to exclude homosexuals from the rights and protections afforded under the marriage contract.

Right Wing Republicans, those most motivated by wedge issues like Gay marriage oppose it because they have twisted a loving, beautiful and forgiving faith like Christianity to gain what they see as cover for their own sexual hang ups. It's sad and pathetic, but their hate can manifest itself into real repression of the rights all American citizens must enjoy under our constitutional system.

Don't let any of them tell you that they are forced to participate in a same sex wedding. If they are wedding vendors, they are supposed to deliver the same high level of service they grant to any other customer. Otherwise they are in violation of Public Accomodation laws.

Individual have the right to straight marriage, or to live together without marriage. No reason gays should not have the same rights.

If you don't want to marry a gay person, don't, but you don't have the right to deny others w/wo faith the right to getting married.

You don't have the right to dictate who a person falls in love with (cousins and closer have the right to love but not create children because of birth defects) anyone they choose. Love is not dictated by religion. Even in the bible marriage is a contract involving property and protection. It is used by families to create a business bond or as a peace contract.

Church does not approve or disapprove marriage out side the church, only within. A church can refuse to marry a gay couple, but it cannot deny the couple from getting married by a judge, certified notary, onlined licensed official or other church/religion.

You gotta wonder about democrats when they think more of the feelings of hairy guys in dresses than the mental and physical welfare of young boys. Democrats were absolutely outraged when the BSA won a case before the Supreme Court that allowed them to discriminate against hiring overt homosexuals to supervise young boys. What woman in her right mind would consent to having a heterosexual man supervise young girls at a freaking sleepover? Why should young boys be forced to be alone with homosexual men? Why can't homosexuals be considerate of the rights of evangelical Christians and go somewhere else to get a marriage license? It's no secret that militant homosexuals troll for discrimination and they can spot a Christian business or a Christian clerk a mile away. Couldn't they go somewhere else and get a freaking wedding cake made?

You got to wonder where the small government and leave me alone attitude goes when such subjects pop up. You fundies sure love to control peoples lives.

And yet some of his Biggest Heroes had multiple wives and concubines. I don't recall him saying "Hey, Abraham, I said one. Just one. Now put the rest back or you don't get to lead my people!" or "Solly, Solly, really? So many concubines you can't even remember their names? For this I made you king? This is how you thank me?"

Try explaining that away.

Forum List

Back