Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.

Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

OBUMMA.jpg

ROFL.gif

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.

Come back and say that again in four years so we can laugh at you.

I'm confused. Was Trump the one that wrote this last Covid Relief spending bill?

What does that matter?

Between the Covid Relief and Omnibus bill the spending is another approximately 2.2 trillion dollars. My question is whether Trump wrote these budgets or was forced to sign given how Congress has ignored his requests to focus spending On Americans?

I'm confused. Was Trump the one that wrote this last Covid Relief spending bill?

What does that matter?

Between the Covid Relief and Omnibus bill the spending is another approximately 2.2 trillion dollars. My question is whether Trump wrote these budgets or was forced to sign given how Congress has ignored his requests to focus spending On Americans?

If he didnt like them, there are ways to show that. HE signs them into law.

China is waiting on the debt overwhelming the U.S system, they expect much of that debt given to corporations to find it's way to their shores thanks to so many who have little loyalty.

As it were, no one party is responsible. Who put in much of the fat in your budgets the last little while in the form of bail outs for states and other boondoggles? Trump just signs it, often because if he doesn't many regular folks will suffer, he doesn't develop the budgets themselves and all that is in it.

Who allowed unlimited illegal immigration and the use of resources that followed? SALT tax deduction program, to help the poor, multi millionaires in Cali and NY to have their property taxes paid by low wage, federal tax payers? Who in politics is held accountable for massive spending on either side? Anyone?

As such, there is plenty of blame to go around and it's not just America. The problem is, as America goes, so go the rest of us.

Last edited:

What does that matter?

So he didn't write them and was confronted by the option of delaying payments to Americans or waiting until a better option was put on the table.

What does that matter?

So he didn't write them and was confronted by the option of delaying payments to Americans or waiting until a better option was put on the table.

Yes

The massive bill signed by the President was passed by a leftist Congress led by Nervous Nancy.

So O’s enormous spending, which only enriched Wall Street was good, but W’s and Trump’s was bad.

Do you fail to see how partisan that is?
I said mostly. People won’t care about debt and spending till taxes increase. Repubs happily increase spending and decrease taxes. It’s not partisan, just a fact.

So O’s enormous spending, which only enriched Wall Street was good, but W’s and Trump’s was bad.

Do you fail to see how partisan that is?
Lefties like it when we evil Americans send all our tax money to foreign countries that want us dead.
And tax payers don’t care because it goes on the credit card and taxes decrease.

Forum List

Back