Republicans Are, And Have Been, Attacking Social Security

True. Some Republicans want to sunset Medicare and Social Security, along with EVERY funded program, and then refund them as needed.

If you're looking for a good "wedge issue" between seniors and Republicans, SS & Medicare are it.

If the stupid fucks don't just "fix" entitlements and move on, 2024 might be a bloodbath compared to the "red wave" disappointment of 2022.

Last edited:
Joe Biden in 1975:

"The grand irony is that Biden, across multiple congresses, championed a plan strikingly similar to Scott’s. As a senator in 1975, Biden introduced legislation requiring all federal programs to sunset after four years.

Later in his career when Biden ran similar legislation, he clarified his intent to include entitlements. ”When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security, as well,” Biden said. “I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits.” If that wasn’t clear enough, he offered further specificity. “I meant every single solitary thing in the federal government,” he said. “And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time.”

Biden refused to name them, but here's the names of some of the loudest ones...

[removed for brevity]

Do the USMB rightwing Republican-voters agree w/this attack on social security?

What's your position on this matter?
What is your definition of "attack?" I'm always suspect when sound bytes / video clips attempt to cast someone or something contrary to reality. What's the full context to these sound bytes?

Just realized that was from Lincoln Project .. lol. Why didn't they include material on how to entice young boys?

Last edited:
Biden refused to name them, but here's the names of some of the loudest ones...

Do the USMB rightwing Republican-voters agree w/this attack on social security?

What's your position on this matter?

Total bullshit. One of the main quotes is from Joe Biden.

True. Some Republicans want to sunset Medicare and Social Security, along with EVERY funded program, and then refund them as needed.

If you're looking for a good "wedge issue" between seniors and Republicans, SS & Medicare are it.

If the stupid fucks don't just "fix" entitlements and move on, 2024 might be a bloodbath compared to the "red wave" disappointment of 2022.
While "some Republicans" may want to sunset Medicare and Social Security, their proposals to date have exempted those two programs while covering all other federal programs. Most seniors have been around long enough to realize obscure and outdated federal programs, once started, run forever and continue to get funded just to keep people on the federal payroll. You are too blinded by your one party mentality to realize that both parties are to blame for the country's problems. Just because the other side came up with an idea doesn't make it wrong and just because your side came up with an idea doesn't make it right..

Social Security should be a voluntary program.
Mandating a Ponzi scheme should be as illegal as it is immoral.

It should be voluntary on where your money goes, not if you have to make a contribution or not. Too many irresponsible people in this country to make decisions for their future. Then we'd all end up supporting them after they paid nothing into the system.

Your choice should be SS or a government approved IRA.

It should be voluntary on where your money goes, not if you have to make a contribution or not. Too many irresponsible people in this country to make decisions for their future. Then we'd all end up supporting them after they paid nothing into the system.

Your choice should be SS or a government approved IRA.
I don't believe the fed-gov has the constitutional authority to mandate free people save for retirement. A free person should make those decisions for themselves and bear the consequences of them. SS could be legal at the state level, per the 10th Amendment. Those are my views.

While "some Republicans" may want to sunset Medicare and Social Security, their proposals to date have exempted those two programs while covering all other federal programs. Most seniors have been around long enough to realize obscure and outdated federal programs, once started, run forever and continue to get funded just to keep people on the federal payroll. You are too blinded by your one party mentality to realize that both parties are to blame for the country's problems. Just because the other side came up with an idea doesn't make it wrong and just because your side came up with an idea doesn't make it right..
The budgeting process allows to sunset ANY fucking program they want.
SS & Medicare need to be "fixed".
Its easy.
But the GOP needs to suck for shekels.

I don't believe the fed-gov has the constitutional authority to mandate free people save for retirement. A free person should make those decisions for themselves and bear the consequences of them. SS could be legal at the state level, per the 10th Amendment. Those are my views.
Go ahead, have the GOP propose those changes and see who wins the 2024 elections.

The budgeting process allows to sunset ANY fucking program they want.
Allowing for something and actually doing it are not the same thing. Congress has proven, no matter which party is in power, that they will continue to fund a program long after it's become unnecessary or obsolete just because it would put political stooges out of work.

Forum List

Back