Reparations…Or, How To Grow The Republican Party

Democrats need the black vote, so they pretend they favor reparations. The funny thins is, agreeing to reparations for black Americans will supersize the Republican Party! I'll explain why.....

1.We, on the Right, always know more than our Leftist pals, because we read, and that means both sides, our authors, and theirs. I just began this book on reparations for black Americans. The very first thing that occurred to me, is that it is the path to a far larger Republican Party….and the end for the Democrat Party.

You’ll see why it is obvious.

View attachment 361268

2. This is what it is all about:

Reparations for slavery is a proposal that some type of compensation should be provided to the descendants of slaves from the Atlantic slave trade.

This idea has been recurring in the politics of the United States, from the 1865 Special Field Orders No. 15 ("Forty acres and a mule") to the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries.[1] This compensation has been proposed in a variety of forms, from individual monetary payments to land-based compensation related to independence. The idea remains highly controversial and no consensus exists as to whether and how it could be implemented.” Reparations for slavery debate in the United States - Wikipedia

3. Well….I don’t see why it shouldn’t be dealt with in a court of law, just like any tort is.
A tort is an act or omission that gives rise to injury or harm to another and amounts to a civil wrong for which courts impose liability.
Tort | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

In order to prevail, the plaintiff in the lawsuit, commonly referred to as the injured party, must show that the actions or lack of action was the legally recognizable cause of the harm. The equivalent of tort in civil law jurisdictions is "delict".
Tort - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Tort

4. Now…..reduce the discussion to it’s simplest terms.

Say two men are waiting on line in a bakery, and the one second in line attacks the man ahead of him. A third man intercedes to protect the man being attacked.

Police detain all three, sorting out the details, and the result is a civil suit for damages.

Who has damages?

Who is responsible for those damages?

Who is blameless, and/or should receive a commendation?

Can you guess where this is going?
Your propaganda mill fails to realize that it is minorities(blacks) that are holding an elected office that are Democrats that are calling for reparations...It is time to pay the labor bill that some folks thought they could get out of. It is a shame that humans do this to each other but your denial of the facts only makes you the racist you are.
The girl is conflicted. She suffers from internalized racism.

The beatings will continue until I see the light of learning on your part......

.....and then, they may continue simply for the sheer joy of it.

Be afraid.....be very afraid.
I fear nothing from you. I am going to whip you so severely that you will look forward to the beatings.

7. So, ancient slavery of the indentured variety was not a motivation for reparations for the American version of slavery.

August 31, 1619
The first 20 blacks are purchased as indentured servants by Jamestown colonists from a dutch man of warre”-from John Rolfe’s diary. The first people of African heritage were brought to Virginia by the Dutch. A Dutch ship which either traded for the slaves or stole them from the Spanish entered Chesapeake Bay and sold 20 slaves in August of1619. Virginia's first white settlers did not automatically assume that the Africans were to be slaves always. They treated some blacks as indentured servants, which would grant them personal freedom after 4 to 7 years.

How and when this changed to perpetual slavery for blacks is unclear, but by the 1640’s, Africans brought to Virginia no longer had indenture contracts. Yet as late as 1651, some Negroes whose period of indenture expired were still being assigned land for themselves, as were the white indentured servants.
Franklin, “From Slavery to Freedom,” p. 71-72.

However it morphed into the Democrat’s version, a brutal, life-long, and total slavery. If it can be shown that current black Americans have, and are currently suffering from the events some eight generations since the freedom that resulted from Republican efforts, then reparations from the Democrats are in order.

Certainly, some infractions of the RICO Act can be found to apply against the Democrat Party.
You know if the oppression had stopped when slavery ended, you opinion on the matter may have more merit. But it didn't and the democrats are not the only ones responsible for what happened AFTER SLAVERY! The republican party was started by anti slavery democrats, so the right wing racist narrative you spew daily is a display of dunce.

Is this what the Ivy League teaches? From now on, I'm calling it the poison Ivy league because every student I've debated from one of those schools has been stump stupid and arrogant in their stupidity.

You have never 'debated' me.

You have simply denied truth, facts, and experience.

That is the mark of government school grads.

8. If we can actually show a link from antebellum times to the problems of contemporary blacks, then restitution, reparations, may be in order.

First, let’s remember there may be other guilty parties who should also be held responsible.

" Africans played a direct role in the slave trade, selling their captives or prisoners of war to European buyers.[19] The prisoners and captives who were sold were usually from neighbouring or enemy ethnic groups. These captive slaves were considered "other", not part of the people of the ethnic group or "tribe"; African kings held no particular loyalty to them. Sometimes criminals would be sold so that they could no longer commit crimes in that area. Most other slaves were obtained from kidnappings, or through raids that occurred at gunpoint through joint ventures with the Europeans." Atlantic slave trade - Wikipedia

9. Today: “Slavery in the Sahel states of Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Chad and Sudan in particular, continues a centuries-old pattern of hereditary servitude. Other forms of traditional slavery exist in parts of Ghana, Benin, Togo and Nigeria.
Slavery in contemporary Africa – Wikipedia

It is not clear at this time that the above are all members of the Democrat Party.....but the Democrats seem to believe they are.

1594303928865.png

You'll need to show yer scars from being whipped first. We know you don't have any since you enjoy robbing humans of their wages from labor.
My scars are my monthly Social Security payment that is thousands of dollars less than it should be, because of Affirmative action discrimination which took me out of my chosen profession, and sent 5 years of college work down the drain, and all the things for 43 years, that I had gone without (new car, house, quality musical instruments, etc).

I think I would have rather taken a few whippings.

As for robbing humans of their wages from labor, the only time I was able to do that, was when I owned my own business, and back then, I wrote letters to legislators asking for raises in the minimum wage.

Now......some perspective on exactly who is NOT responsible for any provable damage to contemporary black Americans, based on supposed slavery.......

10. While all societies had slavery, the real advance in humanity is in those societies that did away with the practice.

And, at the forefront, is the United States.

“Long before Vermont became our 14th state, its people were known for their independence. They were not excited about joining the new United States; nor did they want to remain a part of the British crown. They liked being independent and made that clear to the other colonies on more than one occasion. Such an opportunity came on July 2, 1777. In response to abolitionists' calls across the colonies to end slavery, Vermont became the first colony to ban it outright. Not only did Vermont's legislature agree to abolish slavery entirely, it also moved to provide full voting rights for African American males.

On November 25, 1858, Vermont would again underscore this commitment by ratifying a stronger anti-slavery law into its constitution. Vermont's July 2, 1777 action was undoubtedly a historic event. The proclamation underscored the growing discontent many had with slavery and the slave trade, particularly in the colonies of the North where Quaker-led abolitionist movements were taking root.”
Vermont 1777: Early Steps Against Slavery

Can you name another industrialize nation that banned slavery earlier? No, you can’t.

And imagine how much earlier it would have been the case if there had never been a Democrat Party.

Are you beginning to see why the Democrat's efforts for reparations will redound to the credit of the other party?

Democrats need the black vote, so they pretend they favor reparations. The funny thins is, agreeing to reparations for black Americans will supersize the Republican Party!

I keep hearing conservatives make this claim that all these radical positions the Democrats are embracing will drive voters back into the arms of the Republicans, but I'm seeing no evidence whatsoever that is happening.

Democrats need the black vote, so they pretend they favor reparations. The funny thins is, agreeing to reparations for black Americans will supersize the Republican Party!

I keep hearing conservatives make this claim that all these radical positions the Democrats are embracing will drive voters back into the arms of the Republicans, but I'm seeing no evidence whatsoever that is happening.

You don't see me making that claim.

You should read more carefully.

11. Now, for the denouement….or, to borrow from Edmond Rostand…. as I end the refrain, thrust home!

And the thrust of this thread is that one particular organization is, if any are, responsible for the claimed plight of black Americans. And that organization is called the Democrat Party.

From the OP: Say two men are waiting on line in a bakery, and the one second in line attacks the man ahead of him. A third man intercedes to protect the man being attacked.
Police detain all three, sorting out the details, and the result is a civil suit for damages.
Who has damages? Black folks
Who is responsible for those damages? The Democrat Party
Who is blameless, and/or should receive a commendation? The Republican Party

Clearly, no Republicans should be responsible for paying reparations. In fact, the debt was paid off by the nation in the mid-nineteenth century.

"At least 620,000 combatants died during the four-year struggle; recent estimates put the total closer to 750,000, or more than 2 percent of the nation’s population at that time. More soldiers died in prison camps alone than America lost during the entire Vietnam War. Perhaps more to the point, some 350,000 Union soldiers died during the conflict, abolitionists in effect if not always in intent. Adjusted for population, that would amount to almost 5 million service deaths today, amounting to a blood sacrifice more than sufficient to redeem whatever moral or intellectual inconsistencies there are to be found in America’s founding documents.

And if that’s not sufficient? Well, then, nothing will be. But for most Americans—and for much of the rest of the world—it is more than enough. "
Blood Redemption

But.....if there is a fiduciary responsibility......it falls on the Democrats.
Now, for the accounting: Once the monetary figure due is determined, the voter rolls should be consulted, and the total number of registered Democrats should be divided into that dollar amount. And the bills sent.

How long before there’d be a massive Republican enrollment?

See how the Republican Party would grow and magnify?

“When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.” Proverbs 21:15

Brilliant thread, as always. Every last policy, platform, ideological stunt and cultural upheaval conceived by the American left backfires, blows up in their faces. The democratic party IS a live action incarnation of Wile Ethelbert Coyote.

download22.jpg

So you dont think that the farthest leftwing POTUS candidate in our history wont have an effect on voters moving to the (R) column?

roflmao

:auiqs.jpg:

So you dont think that the farthest leftwing POTUS candidate in our history wont have an effect on voters moving to the (R) column?

roflmao

My view is when the enrolled Democrats see the bill they have to pay......guess what they'll do.

roflmao

So far it isn't. The Republicans fund raising is worse than it was when all of this shit started and so is Trump's approval rating.

roflmao

My view is when the enrolled Democrats see the bill they have to pay......guess what they'll do.

They'll do nothing, just like they've done nothing about it in California, nothing about it in Massachusetts, nothing about it in Washington or Illinois or New Jersey or any of these other states where Democrats dominate the landscape. The bills have been rising for years in those states and they don't throw them out, they actually elect more of them.

They'll do nothing, just like they've done nothing about it in California, nothing about it in Massachusetts, nothing about it in Washington or Illinois or New Jersey or any of these other states where Democrats dominate the landscape. The bills have been rising for years in those states and they don't throw them out, they actually elect more of them.

Who is 'they'?

]
It's what happens in the purple (battleground) states that matters. Riots can't be good for Democrats there.

]
It's what happens in the purple (battleground) states that matters. Riots can't be good for Democrats there.

"Riots can't be good for Democrats there."

In what way would this be threatening for Democrats?

Forum List

Back