The Irish Slave Myth - more racist bullshit

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Next, the text of the majority of these posts comes from a 2008 article from a page on website “OpEdNews” called “The Slaves that time forgot.” It is unclear who the author John Martin is, and the article has no citations.

This is a favourite sport of the extreme right and I would suggest any of their dubious claims are treated as toxic. Propaganda masquerading as history mainly to downplay the effects of slavery.

Its like everybody in the world is at fault for slavery apart from those who, deep down, have no problem with it.

Next, the text of the majority of these posts comes from a 2008 article from a page on website “OpEdNews” called “The Slaves that time forgot.” It is unclear who the author John Martin is, and the article has no citations.

This is a favourite sport of the extreme right and I would suggest any of their dubious claims are treated as toxic. Propaganda masquerading as history mainly to downplay the effects of slavery.

Its like everybody in the world is at fault for slavery apart from those who, deep down, have no problem with it.

Slavery continues to be a problem:

Seeing how concerned you are with defining past wrongs, what are you doing to address this problem in the present? Why don't you join an NGO and get to work to fix the problem?

in the real world, the point is that the Left's push that Slavery be considered some type of "Original Sin" of American whites, limited to them inflicting it on blacks,

is bullshit.

Indentured servitude, convict labor, serfs, ect, were all forms of slavery.

YES, the chattel slavery of the South, in America was one of the harshest forms of slavery in history.

But that does not justify the hysteria of the modern left. Or your modern day bigotry.

It is you people that are "toxic", not us.

Slavery continues to be a problem:

Seeing how concerned you are with defining past wrongs, what are you doing to address this problem in the present? Why don't you join an NGO and get to work to fix the problem?

He doesn't give a damn about the problem. THis is about smearing his enemies and justifying his asshole behavior.

Hell, his government allowed the slavery of white children in his own country, by industrial scale rape rings and he is still supporting all the policies that led to it.

Not a single significant change.

Well..this is a favorite theme here..it shows up every 6 months or so. There are a few posters that are very invested in the Irish slave myth...and you'll no doubt see their posts here shortly. I guess they see it as some kind of mitigation for Black slavery.

A quick search of the site could save a lot of reading time..as the same old arguments will be made.

The conclusion is simple..Indentured servitude was not slavery. Period.

Well..this is a favorite theme here..it shows up every 6 months or so. There are a few posters that are very invested in the Irish slave myth...and you'll no doubt see their posts here shortly. I guess they see it as some kind of mitigation for Black slavery.

A quick search of the site could save a lot of reading time..as the same old arguments will be made.

Yeah but.....................................

in the real world, the point is that the Left's push that Slavery be considered some type of "Original Sin" of American whites, limited to them inflicting it on blacks,

is bullshit.

YES, the chattel slavery of the South, in America was one of the harshest forms of slavery in history.

But that does not justify the hysteria of the modern left. Or your modern day bigotry.

Your term, "some type of "Original Sin" of American whites", is accurate. Like Original Sin, it has tainted and infected our country since before its inception--through Jim Crow and continues today. Today's BLM..statue toppling...reparations, etc.--are all the fruit of that 'Original Sin'. Thank you for a very cogent phrase!

Racism is widely acknowledged to be America's fundamental flaw by most of the world. No amount of deflection, rhetoric or finger pointing can change that.

What about the Potato Famine the British Empire allowed to kill untold numbers of Irish? Was that real or myth?

Apparently you are ignorant, and unwilling to accept the fact that the British people abused the Irish for hundreds of years. Starved them during the Potato Famine, called them names, treated them as less than human. The point of the matter is that its time for you all to admit you are wrong and pay reparations. Anyone in British history who had a cross word against the Tremendous Irish people should have their monuments ripped down.

They used to snatch homeless children and prostitutes up and ship them over here.
Of course, knowing this requires you to actually read.
I figure that is where many people mix up identured servitide and slavery from europe.
And i dont think calling indentured servitude slavery implies one race is superior over another. But race baiting bigots got to race bait, right?

is bullshit.

Your term, "some type of "Original Sin" of American whites", is accurate. Like Original Sin, it has tainted and infected our country since before its inception--through Jim Crow and continues today. Today's BLM..statue toppling...reparations, etc.--are all the fruit of that 'Original Sin'. Thank you for a very cogent phrase!

Racism is widely acknowledged to be America's fundamental flaw by most of the world. No amount of deflection, rhetoric or finger pointing can change that.

That is the Conventional Wisdom as presented by the American Left.

The problem is, that it ignores the historical facts.

Jim Crow, btw, was not slavery. It is telling that you deny that indentured servitude was slavery and then conflate Jim Crow with slavery.

We cannot have a society, where half the nation is expected to carry the weight of "Original Sin" forever.

That is receipt for racial strife and violence, forever.

is bullshit.

Jim Crow, btw, was not slavery. It is telling that you deny that indentured servitude was slavery and then conflate Jim Crow with slavery.

We cannot have a society, where half the nation is expected to carry the weight of "Original Sin" forever.

I did not 'conflate' anything. Jim Crow was the legacy of slavery--as is the current racial situation. The legacy of the Irish indentured servitude is St.Paddy's Day...you do see the difference, right?

Your last two sentences are true..IMO. I would point out that White people won't be half of the nation for much longer.

Demographics are inexorable.

And yet you condone China and North Korea usage of slavery in modern time while condemning the past which you can not change?

Tell me Tommy what are you doing to combat Islamic Slavery in Africa in today time or the Sex Slave Trade that goes on around the World including in your beloved Wales?

Do you believe Slavery only happened during a period of time and just committed by White Christians in America?

is bullshit.

I did not 'conflate' anything. Jim Crow was the legacy of slavery--as is the current racial situation. The legacy of the Irish indentured servitude is St.Paddy's Day...you do see the difference, right?

Your last two sentences are true..IMO. I would point out that White people won't be half of the nation for much longer.

So, you don't deny that your plan is to have whites defer to blacks forever, because of the "Original Sin" of slavery?

Projecting future demographics is risky business, EEF.

The two problems that you have with this, is that it is impossible to say where the next waves of immigration will come from. Its certainly possible that millions of South African honkies will be driven out of their country, or that millions of Jewish refugees will be created if Islamonazism overruns the middle east, and that would boost America's population.

Also, some ethnicities can move from the "non-white" to "white" category as time goes by. Its happened before. Back in the day , Italians weren't considered to be part of Honkydom by the old-timers. Today they are. Other groups can move past the divide in the future.

The Brits captured many Scottish, and Irish and made them slaves. And white Americans too. We fought the War of 1812 over it.

Your ignorance of history is astounding.

Last edited:

is bullshit.

So, you don't deny that your plan is to have whites defer to blacks forever, because of the "Original Sin" of slavery?
My plan?? ROTFLMAO!

I plan to die long before it comes to a head.

But..no..I don't think deferment is really what it is coming to. Eventually a balance will be reached---one way or the other. I'm no fortune teller--it could go any number of ways..but i doubt if the status quo of the last 50 years is sustainable.

Again..demographics. I'd not be too concerned...I think that it will end 'not with a bang..but a whimper'.

Last edited:
They used to snatch homeless children and prostitutes up and ship them over here.
Of course, knowing this requires you to actually read.
I figure that is where many people mix up identured servitide and slavery from europe.
And i dont think calling indentured servitude slavery implies one race is superior over another. But race baiting bigots got to race bait, right?
Fear of the Mob was a huge motivating factor in Georgian England. Google the Gordon Riots and check out Dickens novel Barnaby Rudge.

So the courts would try folk , sentence them and ship them off to Australia or the US where they were unable to harm respectable England.

Many died but many served their time and got on, probably to a better life than they would have had in Britain.

There is a myth that they were all transported for stealing a chicken but that is not the case. Some were transported for minor offences but most had committed serious crimes. I vaguley recall that Moll Flanders was shipped to Virginia for something trivial.

The UK was still shipping orphans to Australia in the 60s. It is a national scandal that is still being investigated.

The Fatal Shore is a history of the founding of Australia and is well worth a study

The English captured many Scottish, and Irish and made them slaves. And white Americans too. We fought the War of 1812 over it.

Your ignorance of history is astounding.
It it? The War of 1812..-was fought over the forced impressement of American citizens into the British Navy. Among other things.

I wish I could be astounded over YOUR ignorance..but...I'm decidedly not.

And yet you condone China and North Korea usage of slavery in modern time while condemning the past which you can not change?

Tell me Tommy what are you doing to combat Islamic Slavery in Africa in today time or the Sex Slave Trade that goes on around the World including in your beloved Wales?

Do you believe Slavery only happened during a period of time and just committed by White Christians in America?
Your imagination is running wild Bruce. Slavery is a bad thing.

Forum List

Back