Rep. Eric Swalwell Shares Recording Of Death Threat against his 3 children After Marjorie Taylor Greene Attack

The tweet didn't load for me but any threat should be taken seriously, though no one outside of the person who wrote the threat knows if it is legitimate or not.

Never go after the innocent also. If you have a beef with someone, take it out on them, not those not responsible for your grief.
I agree, and same with doxing. Social media has made this all to easy. I feel especially bad for people like election workers who have been on the receiving end of threats to themselves and their families. They are not politicians, just ordinary people doing a job they feel is a civic responsibility.

With all due respect, Pknopp...the GOP was using that program to try and reveal actual terrorists...you liberals used our security systems to spy on your political opponents and smear them with lies. I'm leery of the former but can see the need for it. The latter is nothing more than an attack on our democracy!

"You liberals". What a cowardly response. I've condemned the program from day 1. I've been condemning it since Bush put it all in place.

Because I'm not willing to make excuses for Trump wanting to do it, in your eyes I'm a "liberal" who supported the program.

Free yourself from your cult status.

"You liberals". What a cowardly response. I've condemned the program from day 1. I've been condemning it since Bush put it all in place.

Because I'm not willing to make excuses for Trump wanting to do it, in your eyes I'm a "liberal" who supported the program.

I'm pointing out the difference between what the GOP used domestic spying for and what Democrats used it for, Pknopp! As I said before...I'm leery of such programs but can see a need for them to protect ourselves against actual terrorists. It's a different animal when you're using our intelligence apparatus to go after political opponents. That's something that Nixon ATTEMPTED to do and he was forced to resign because of it. That's something that Obama and Hillary Clinton DID and didn't pay the price!

I'm pointing out the difference between what the GOP used domestic spying for and what Democrats used it for, Pknopp! As I said before...I'm leery of such programs but can see a need for them to protect ourselves against actual terrorists. It's a different animal when you're using our intelligence apparatus to go after political opponents. That's something that Nixon ATTEMPTED to do and he was forced to resign because of it. That's something that Obama and Hillary Clinton DID and didn't pay the price!

As I said, a cowardly reply. Unconstitutional programs are unconstitutional no matter what lame, bogus excuses you use to defend "your guys" using them.

yet you’ve produced no examples of trump or bush abusing it…the only examples are obama and xiden

yet you’ve produced no examples of trump or bush abusing it…the only examples are obama and xiden

There was no proof Obama did anything other than what was happening before him. Do you have that information?

No you don't. Sadly it took the courts awhile to rule on it. Obama was doing nothing more than Bush before him and Trump wanted to continue doing (and did).

It's rather ironic that you're quoting George Orwell when it's you liberals that are trying to give us their version of the "Thought Police", Smokin! That's what Democrats are doing...not conservatives! You want to control free speech and ban dissent. That's Orwellian.
Right, it's your side banning books.
Trump wanting to pull FCC licenses for making fun of him.
No, release of information to be released on the Uvalde shooting.

Conservatives aren't doing that, it republicans claiming to be "conservatives that are doing that.

But you're too much of a partisan hack to see that...aren't you?

With all due respect, Pknopp...the GOP was using that program to try and reveal actual terrorists...you liberals used our security systems to spy on your political opponents and smear them with lies.
Right.
A better question would be why was the Trump regime, communicating with Russians.

All foreign correspondence from and to America is monitored and scrutinized.
By now, everyone should know that, it's to prevent terrorism.
I'm leery of the former but can see the need for it. The latter is nothing more than an attack on our democracy!

As I said, a cowardly reply. Unconstitutional programs are unconstitutional no matter what lame, bogus excuses you use to defend "your guys" using them.
Fighting actual terror is a "bogus excuse"? What's "lame", Pknopp is using agencies that SHOULD be keeping us safe from actual terrorists to target political opponents! It isn't conservatives that did that...it's liberals that seem to feel the end justifies the means!

Right.
A better question would be why was the Trump regime, communicating with Russians.

All foreign correspondence from and to America is monitored and scrutinized.
By now, everyone should know that, it's to prevent terrorism.
You do realize that the whole Russian Collusion thing was ALWAYS bullshit made up by the Clinton Campaign? Right, Smokin? Or are you so clueless you STILL think it happened for real?

Fighting actual terror is a "bogus excuse"?

While defending unconstitutional actions to do so? Yes. And besides, it was never really about "terrorists".

What's "lame", Pknopp is using agencies that SHOULD be keeping us safe from actual terrorists to target political opponents! It isn't conservatives that did that...it's liberals that seem to feel the end justifies the means!

Defending our Constitutional rights is always the correct position. I find it odd that we would still be discussing this after the Supreme Court ruling of yesterday.

Right, it's your side banning books.
Trump wanting to pull FCC licenses for making fun of him.
No, release of information to be released on the Uvalde shooting.

Conservatives aren't doing that, it republicans claiming to be "conservatives that are doing that.

But you're too much of a partisan hack to see that...aren't you?
Conservatives want a say in what their kids are taught in public schools. I don't have a problem with that, Smokin. That isn't something that should be controlled by OTHERS.

Trump has never advocated shutting down his critics...he simply called them out for their lies. As well he should.

What does Uvalde have to do with conservatives?

Conservatives want a say in what their kids are taught in public schools. I don't have a problem with that, Smokin. That isn't something that should be controlled by OTHERS.

Trump has never advocated shutting down his critics...he simply called them out for their lies. As well he should.

What does Uvalde have to do with conservatives?

Trump threatens to shut down social media companies

Did you not actually pay attention to anything he did?

While defending unconstitutional actions to do so? Yes. And besides, it was never really about "terrorists".

Defending our Constitutional rights is always the correct position. I find it odd that we would still be discussing this after the Supreme Court ruling of yesterday.
It WAS about terrorists! The problem is when people in control of power then use government to attack their political opponents. I'm sorry, Pknopp but that's been a Democrat thing for quite sometime now! It wasn't Trump using the IRS against Democrats. It wasn't the GOP lying to a FISA Court and using the Justice Department to smear the opposition. That's on liberals...not conservatives.

You do realize that the whole Russian Collusion thing was ALWAYS bullshit made up by the Clinton Campaign? Right, Smokin? Or are you so clueless you STILL think it happened for real?
You're a fucking moron.
It's already been proven.

A meeting took place at Trump Tower in New York City on June 9, 2016, between three senior members of the 2016 Trump campaignDonald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort – and at least five other people, including Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya.

Donald Trump Jr. made several misleading statements about the meeting.
He initially told the press that the meeting was held to discuss adoptions of Russian children by Americans.
On July 8, 2017, after news reports stated that Trump Jr. knew the meeting was political, he admitted in a tweet that he had agreed to the meeting with the understanding that he would receive information damaging to Hillary Clinton, and that he was conducting opposition research.

In early July 2017, it was reported that President Donald Trump himself drafted Trump Jr.'s initial misleading statement.
The report was later confirmed by the president's attorneys.
In July 2018, the president denied knowledge of the meeting.

Besides half of Trump's cabinet had ties to RUSSIA.
Trump always took Russia's side over America's.
Trump defended Russia and Putin.

It WAS about terrorists! The problem is when people in control of power then use government to attack their political opponents. I'm sorry, Pknopp but that's been a Democrat thing for quite sometime now! It wasn't Trump using the IRS against Democrats. It wasn't the GOP lying to a FISA Court and using the Justice Department to smear the opposition. That's on liberals...not conservatives.

From Iraq forward it was all about controlling the people. You don't feel up old women at airports to address "terrorism".

You're a fucking moron.
It's already been proven.

A meeting took place at Trump Tower in New York City on June 9, 2016, between three senior members of the 2016 Trump campaignDonald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort – and at least five other people, including Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya.

Donald Trump Jr. made several misleading statements about the meeting.
He initially told the press that the meeting was held to discuss adoptions of Russian children by Americans.
On July 8, 2017, after news reports stated that Trump Jr. knew the meeting was political, he admitted in a tweet that he had agreed to the meeting with the understanding that he would receive information damaging to Hillary Clinton, and that he was conducting opposition research.

In early July 2017, it was reported that President Donald Trump himself drafted Trump Jr.'s initial misleading statement.
The report was later confirmed by the president's attorneys.
In July 2018, the president denied knowledge of the meeting.

Besides half of Trump's cabinet had ties to RUSSIA.
Trump always took Russia's side over America's.
Trump defended Russia and Putin.
Wow...I can't believe there are people out there that STILL believe that bullshit! Unbelievable...

Forum List

Back