Marjorie Taylor Greene demands Biden's AG resign over prosecution of 2016 election meme creator

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
This fascistic Biden junta is a disgrace. With reichleiter Garland at the DoJ.

This is what persecution looks like.

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene wrote a letter on Wednesday calling for criminal charges against a man for posting a meme to be dropped and for US Attorney General Merrick Garland to resign.
Douglass Mackey, aka Ricky Vaughn, is facing criminal charges for posting a meme instructing voters casting ballots for the 2016 election to vote via text, which is not actually possible.
Greene said to Garland in the letter, "I write to you expressing my profound dismay at the Department of Justice's (DOJ) case against Douglas Mackey over his posting of memes on Twitter in 2016. Shockingly, Mr. Mackey is being charged with… a subset of the enforcement act of 1870 also known as the Ku Klux Klan Act."
Greene added, "First of all, it is an affront to African Americans lynched and murdered by the Ku Klux Klan that the DOJ is equating their treatment at the hands of racist terrorists to a Florida man posting memes on Twitter. That the DOJ thinks these two things are commensurate should be concerning to anyone."
"The law Mr. Mackey is accused of violating is clearly intended to criminalize physical violence and intimidation used to prevent people from exercising their rights as outlined in the Constitution, not for the sharing of memes on social media," Greene noted. "Mr. Mackey caused no one physical harm, did not threaten or intimidate anyone and certainly did not kill anyone."
Greene speculated, "The question then is whether the DOJ is deliberately contorting this statute to apply to the free speech exercise by individuals with dissenting political views. All the evidence points to this being the case."
Mackey’s trial was scheduled to begin this week in New York, but his attorneys have requested a two-week adjournment after the Southern Poverty Law Center reportedly intimidated a witness into withdrawing his testimony.

Last edited:

The meme that Mackey is on trial for disseminating was directed at Hillary Clinton voters. Other memes, also instructing people to vote for president via text, were distributed by others on social media telling people to cast their vote for Trump via text. But Mackey faces federal charges.

original_Screen_Shot_2023-03-13_at_11.29.01_PM.png

The case is, as the New York Times reports, "the first criminal case in the country involving voter suppression through the spread of disinformation on Twitter." The charge is conspiracy to violate rights, and if convicted Mackey faces 10 years in prison for posting a meme on Twitter.

"The complaint, the DOJ said in 2021, "alleges that in 2016, Mackey established an audience on Twitter with approximately 58,000 followers."

"As alleged in the complaint, between September 2016 and November 2016, in the lead up to Nov. 8, 2016, U.S. Presidential Election, Mackey conspired with others to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages designed to encourage supporters of one of the presidential candidates (the 'Candidate') to 'vote' via text message or social media, a legally invalid method of voting," the DOJ stated, describing the meme.

"According to the allegations in the complaint, the defendant exploited a social media platform to infringe one the of most basic and sacred rights guaranteed by the Constitution: the right to vote," said Nicholas L. McQuaid, Acting Assistant Attorney General of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division. "This complaint underscores the department’s commitment to investigating and prosecuting those who would undermine citizens’ voting rights."

The case was set to start this week, and the discredited SPLC reports that jury selection in the Eastern District of New York began on March 13. The SPLC refers to Mackey's meme distribution as a "stunt in which Mackey encouraged people to vote for Hillary Clinton by text message by disseminating an online flyer."

I remember the 2016 Presidential election. I posted on here that all of those who were going to vote for Hillary Clinton to make sure not to forget to go to the polls and vote on Wednesday, November 9th.

I guess the DOJ wasn't reading my posts that day, because I didn't go to jail.

This fascistic Biden junta is a disgrace. With reichleiter Garland at the DoJ.

This is what persecution looks like.

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene wrote a letter on Wednesday calling for criminal charges against a man for posting a meme to be dropped and for US Attorney General Merrick Garland to resign.
Douglass Mackey, aka Ricky Vaughn, is facing criminal charges for posting a meme instructing voters casting ballots for the 2016 election to vote via text, which is not actually possible.
Greene said to Garland in the letter, "I write to you expressing my profound dismay at the Department of Justice's (DOJ) case against Douglas Mackey over his posting of memes on Twitter in 2016. Shockingly, Mr. Mackey is being charged with… a subset of the enforcement act of 1870 also known as the Ku Klux Klan Act."
Greene added, "First of all, it is an affront to African Americans lynched and murdered by the Ku Klux Klan that the DOJ is equating their treatment at the hands of racist terrorists to a Florida man posting memes on Twitter. That the DOJ thinks these two things are commensurate should be concerning to anyone."
"The law Mr. Mackey is accused of violating is clearly intended to criminalize physical violence and intimidation used to prevent people from exercising their rights as outlined in the Constitution, not for the sharing of memes on social media," Greene noted. "Mr. Mackey caused no one physical harm, did not threaten or intimidate anyone and certainly did not kill anyone."
Greene speculated, "The question then is whether the DOJ is deliberately contorting this statute to apply to the free speech exercise by individuals with dissenting political views. All the evidence points to this being the case."
Mackey’s trial was scheduled to begin this week in New York, but his attorneys have requested a two-week adjournment after the Southern Poverty Law Center reportedly intimidated a witness into withdrawing his testimony.

Lady Al Qaeda is butthurt again? Shocker.

I remember the 2016 Presidential election. I posted on here that all of those who were going to vote for Hillary Clinton to make sure not to forget to go to the polls and vote on Wednesday, November 9th.

I guess the DOJ wasn't reading my posts that day, because I didn't go to jail.
I read somewhere this forum reaches about 30,000 people. When they do start arresting people for what they say here our country will be long gone.

Forum List

Back