Religious Liberty and the Nation

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Today's editorial from the NYSun focuses on a topic largely hidden by the main stream media, and corrupted by the judicial system.

1. Prior to our 32nd President evincing his disrespect and disregard for minorities, by making his very first selection for the Supreme Court an official of the KKK, it was accepted that this nation was founded on a religious basis....
....after all, ...
The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” David Limbaugh

2. " During the course of American judicial history, particularly with the landmark decision of Everson v. Board of Education, Jefferson was subtly and erroneously attributed with the remark ‘high and impregnable’ wall. The force behind the misguided interpretation comes from the anti-Catholic former Ku Klux Klan member, Justice Hugo Black: The ‘high and impregnable’ wall central to the past 50 years of church-state jurisprudence is not Jefferson’s wall; rather, it is the wall that Justice Hugo Black built in 1947 inEverson v. Board of Education."The Mythical "Wall of Separation": How a Misused Metaphor Changed Church–State Law, Policy, and Discourse

a. "...[Hugo] Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugo-black-and-real-history-of-wall-of.html]

Prior to Roosevelt and Hugo Black, religion was clearly a pillar upon which America was balanced.

3. The NYSUN posits....."The failure of the Republican candidates to come up with satisfying answers to Hugh Hewitt’s questions about religious liberty....." is amplified due to the fact that it is " the first right in the Bill of Rights..."

Amendment #1:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;..."

Another Missive from the Moonie Mail Order Bride Manifesto!!!

You do realize that the reason why we have a Southern Baptist Convention was because back in the Oldy Days, the Northern Baptists were for ending slavery and the Southern Baptists weren't, right?

While you can say some admirable things about the Churches that got on the right side of history on race, the fact is, most of them kept out of it or supported the racists.

If you need an imaginary monster in the sky to keep you from going on an orgy of murder and pillage, I'm glad you have those superstitions, but they aren't a requirement.

You do realize that the reason why we have a Southern Baptist Convention was because back in the Oldy Days, the Northern Baptists were for ending slavery and the Southern Baptists weren't, right?

While you can say some admirable things about the Churches that got on the right side of history on race, the fact is, most of them kept out of it or supported the racists.

If you need an imaginary monster in the sky to keep you from going on an orgy of murder and pillage, I'm glad you have those superstitions, but they aren't a requirement.
I agree. Churches (especially Protestant) have a dual function of religious worship and political organizer. PC ("Petulant Chink") never gets the whole picture.

I agree. Churches (especially Protestant) have a dual function of religious worship and political organizer. PC ("Petulant Chink") never gets the whole picture.

Not 'Chink'....'Gook'

Get your biases right, you moron.

I have never seen an erudite post from you....why is that?

Not 'Chink'....'Gook'

Hell, I have never seen an intelligent post from YOU!

Not 'Chink'....'Gook'

Brilliant post....must have taken hours for you to come up with that.
Here...let me stoop to help a stoop....try this:

"I'm polymerized tree sap, you're an inorganic adhesive. Any verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns to its original trajectory and adheres to you."

At least you wouldn't sound like a three year old.

Please stop trying to convince readers that you are a conservative.
You are embarrassing those of us who are.

Today's editorial from the NYSun focuses on a topic largely hidden by the main stream media, and corrupted by the judicial system.

1. Prior to our 32nd President evincing his disrespect and disregard for minorities, by making his very first selection for the Supreme Court an official of the KKK, it was accepted that this nation was founded on a religious basis....
....after all, ...
The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” David Limbaugh

Our revolution included the American Civil War. Are you saying that wasn't violent?

How many slaveowners were 'orthodox Trinitarian Christians'?

....after all, ...

Our revolution included the American Civil War. Are you saying that wasn't violent?

1. In the course of France's short revolution, 600,000 French citizens were killed, and another 145,000 fled the country. Schom, "Napoleon Bonaparte," p. 253.

a. "That's in a country with between 24 and 26 million people, about the current population of Texas. In terms of population loss, that would be the equalivalent of the United States having a 9/11 attack every day for seven years."
Coulter, "Demonic," p. 266.

2. One can hardly count only the massacre at the Bastille...or only the 'Terror'...or omit the fact of the wars that resulted from the other European monarchies attempting to put the cork back in the bottle.
Napoleon's wars alone would add some 3.5- 6.5 million deaths.
"The total death toll for the French Revolution is over 1,000,000."
Read more: What is the death toll of the French revolution

What is the death toll of the French revolution - ixzz1ejRVb3k8

BTW.....that's an example of an erudite post.

Learn from it.

Not 'Chink'....'Gook'

Brilliant post....must have taken hours for you to come up with that.
Here...let me stoop to help a stoop....try this:

"I'm polymerized tree sap, you're an inorganic adhesive. Any verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns to its original trajectory and adheres to you."

At least you wouldn't sound like a three year old.

Please stop trying to convince readers that you are a conservative.
You are embarrassing those of us who are.
Ha ha ha! What?

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? Are you a crippled shut-in, or retarded, or what?

....after all, ...

1. In the course of France's short revolution, 600,000 French citizens were killed, and another 145,000 fled the country. Schom, "Napoleon Bonaparte," p. 253.

a. "That's in a country with between 24 and 26 million people, about the current population of Texas. In terms of population loss, that would be the equalivalent of the United States having a 9/11 attack every day for seven years."

2. One can hardly count only the massacre at the Bastille...or only the 'Terror'...or omit the fact of the wars that resulted from the other European monarchies attempting to put the cork back in the bottle.

Learn from it.
No. That is an example of "copy-and-paste".

....after all, ...

Learn from it.

You're citing 'facts' that can't be verified.

Answer my question:

How many slaveowners in the South were 'orthodox trinitarian Christians'?

4. "The first question, which Mr. Hewitt put to Donald Trump, was whether he’d make religious liberty “an absolute litmus” test for the Supreme (and other) courts. Mr. Trump said he would. [Then, Trump] could have talked about George Washington’s letter to the Jews.

That is the letter in which the first president, writing to the congregation of the Touro Synagogue in Rhode Island, echoed Micah, praying that “every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and fig tree and there shall be none to make him afraid.” Millions of Americans have grown afraid, Mr. Trump could have added, as government has clashed with religious law. In his administration, he could have said, fearing God will be no cause to fear the government.

... Trump could have added that neither will failing to fear God be a cause of fearing the government. He could have spoken of the wonder of his own daughter’s conversion to Judaism as a marker of the way the oldest religious laws are inspiring the newest generations. And he could have spoken about the values — the glory — of New York, a city festooned with churches, synagogues, mosques, and temples."
Getting Religious Liberty Right - The New York Sun

Gee....they could have mentioned this:

"Brooklyn has been known as the borough of churches probably since the time it was incorporated as a city in the 1830s." Brooklyn, The City Of Churches

....after all, ...

Learn from it.

Answer my question:

Verified.

Unless you are prepared to dispute this:
"Alan M Strauss-Schom is an American-born historian and biographer, born in Sterling, Illinois, in 1937. He attended Beverly Hills High School and received an A.B. in French/ European History from University of California, Berkeley, a Ph.D at Durham University (England), School of Oriental Studies. He taught French and Modern European History at Southern Connecticut State University and at the University of California, Riverside. He served as the President and Founder of the French Colonial Historical Society (1974–76), and founded its research journal, French Colonial Studies. He was a research fellow at the Hoover Institution in 1984."
Alan Schom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

....after all, ...

2. " During the course of American judicial history, particularly with the landmark decision of Everson v. Board of Education, Jefferson was subtly and erroneously attributed with the remark ‘high and impregnable’ wall. The force behind the misguided interpretation comes from the anti-Catholic former Ku Klux Klan member, Justice Hugo Black: The ‘high and impregnable’ wall central to the past 50 years of church-state jurisprudence is not Jefferson’s wall; rather, it is the wall that Justice Hugo Black built in 1947 inEverson v. Board of Education."The Mythical "Wall of Separation": How a Misused Metaphor Changed Church–State Law, Policy, and Discourse

a. "...[Hugo] Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugo-black-and-real-history-of-wall-of.html]

Prior to Roosevelt and Hugo Black, religion was clearly a pillar upon which America was balanced.

3. The NYSUN posits....."The failure of the Republican candidates to come up with satisfying answers to Hugh Hewitt’s questions about religious liberty....." is amplified due to the fact that it is " the first right in the Bill of Rights..."

Amendment #1:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;..."

So what US law *wouldn't* religion be supreme over in your conception of 'free exercise'?

And of course, would this supremacy be extended to Sharia as well? If not, why not?

."

You lie. Hugo Black was not in the KKK when he became a Supreme Court judge.

Oh, and btw, the KKK asserts this, in the very beginning of its platform:

“The recognition that America was founded as a Christian nation.”

You agree.

....after all, ...

Learn from it.

Answer my question:

Verified.

Unless you are prepared to dispute this:
"Alan M Strauss-Schom is an American-born historian and biographer, born in Sterling, Illinois, in 1937. He attended Beverly Hills High School and received an A.B. in French/ European History from University of California, Berkeley, a Ph.D at Durham University (England), School of Oriental Studies. He taught French and Modern European History at Southern Connecticut State University and at the University of California, Riverside. He served as the President and Founder of the French Colonial Historical Society (1974–76), and founded its research journal, French Colonial Studies. He was a research fellow at the Hoover Institution in 1984."
Alan Schom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So what? That doesn't tell me anything. I'm guessing he counts the French revolutionaries and their supporters in his numbers too doesn't he?

lol

Oh, and btw, you aren't proving that anti-religion forces caused the violence in the French Revolution.

Go back a couple centuries and ask the Huguenots.

....after all, ...

Learn from it.

Answer my question:

You're barking up the wrong tree. The extend of Poli's understanding of any given issue is what she can copy and paste. She can neither back the claims she copied, nor is likely aware of what argument she posted.

I'll bet you for all her bitching, the author of this thread (a thread already done ten times) can't name a single religious 'freedom' she wants that she doesn't have.

Forum List

Back