Recording of trump pressuring Wayne County repubs not to certify 2020 election surfaces.

It's illegal to try to get them to do illegal things.
You write some real gems, I tell you what! 🤪

(nice slip!)

8a69jj.jpg

FBI informants had bigger role in Whitmer kidnap plot than thought: report​

FBI lost count of how many paid informants were at Capitol on Jan. 6, and later performed audit to figure out exact number: ex-official​

If you are asking me. . . do I think it proper for Trump (As the top party official,) to call his party members to check on the operations of the election, to see if it appeared clean and free of corruption??

Sure, that is the whole reason the Board of State Canvassers is split between the two parties. So neither can control the process. . . duh.

View attachment 877061
So the answer is, it IS IMPROPER for a single party to contact election officials.

Thanks for the answer.

I don't particularly take sides, between the Magas, and the non-Magas. . . but?

IN my observations? It has been the non-Magas, in both the Judiciary, and the bureaucracy, which have been more explicitly political, in the excution and application, and typically in violation of the Hatch Act than the Magas, TBH.

. . . just by saying;

Exposes a dangerous and anti-democratic bias, which has more often been what the Trump side has been accused of.
You do realize that “have to get rid of the filth” is pretty much Trumps mantra at every one of his speeches, right?

This man is a danger to democracy. He has used Mafia type pressure to intimidate election officials in multiple states.
The fact that for the 2020 election, the Democrat Party illegally took the responsibility of selecting the states electors, away from the states, state electors, made the elections illegal.

The narcissist has no criminal intent ("mens rea"), though he may commit criminal acts ("acti rei"). He does not victimise, plunder, terrorise and abuse others in a cold, calculating manner. He does so offhandedly, as a manifestation of his genuine character.

This is the tricky part. It's clear that Trump should have known it was illegal, but in Trumps mind, he believes that anything is subject to "the art of the deal". That even crimes can be negotiated.
He's a sociopath

The fact that for the 2020 election, the Democrat Party illegally took the responsibility of selecting the states electors, away from the states, state electors, made the elections illegal.
If they believed the election to be illegal, they should have voided the 2020 elections IN FULL. Every race, every seat, every ballot proposition, NULL and VOID.

But of course. None of them did that. Because the election had too many republican victories.

“Not guilty by reason of insanity” is a plea by a criminal defendant who admits the criminal act, but claims that they were mentally disturbed at the time of the crime and lacked the mental capacity to have intended to commit a crime. Such a plea requires that a court conduct a trial on the issue of insanity alone.

Trumps lawyers could make a very good case that Trump couldn't tell right from wrong.

You do realize that “have to get rid of the filth” is pretty much Trumps mantra at every one of his speeches, right?
I agree.

But, from where I am sitting? The establishment started all this.

First they used some foreign intelligence agency, of a nation we had fought two wars against, to spy on him. (With the lame ass excuse, some of his folks were talking to, "our enemies." Which every intelligent sane person knows, is complete and utter bullshit. Every high level politician has international contacts. Did they spy on Biden because he and his people had contact with Russia and China? I doubt that very much.

Then? They used trickery, using our own spy agencies, to trick a guy who Trump had intended to put in his cabinet. The only thing they got him on? Misspeaking and forgetting information incorrectly. Utter bullshit. He didn't even know he was under some sort of oath. . .

All of the impeachments? They were all political, nothing but total bullshit.

Trump was never really was left alone to do what he wanted in his term, the military-industrial-complex, and silicon valley/Wall Street, never let the people's representative, do what they elected him to do. He was continually treated, BY OUR OWN ESTABLISHMENT, not as the commander and chief, but as an enemy of the state!

What made them bleev they had more of a right to rule, than the guy the people elected to rule?

The real "insurrection?" Was this. . . .

Anyone that had worked in government, or taken any education in government, would know, that the bureaucracy and administrative agencies, are SUPPOSED to be neutral in governance!

They aren't supposed to be political. THAT? Is a subversive violation. He had every right, to fire every last person, in each and every one of those agencies DAY ONE, IMO. He should have used executive privilege to use the NSA or CIA to find out who was putting out that shit. He was a moron not to, IMHO.

So yeah, I agree, Trump's rhetoric IS disgusting. . . but don't be a disingenuous hack. Either that, or you totally forgot who started this shit. They started this all on him. They have never respected him, as a legitimate leader of this nation. They have, from the start, been saying, "don't normalize him." What complete bullshit.

If, from the start, the left and the DNC, had just given him the respect, he and his supporters were due? This bullshit would not be happening. The right gave Obama a lot of shit, yes, but nothing like the left has done to Trump. It does not even compare.

. . and now? This is where we are at. Do you think Trump would have this rhetoric if there had not been all those impeachments? Do you think there would have been all of this, if multiple states, had not changed election laws, contrary to their constitutions, at the last minute? Do you think all of this would be happening, if the DoJ had not raided his house, for something every president in the last forty years had done?

Sometimes? I am of a mind, this whole thing is just one big clown show, TBH. None of this seems real anymore.

iu

But, from where I am sitting? The establishment started all this.
The “establishment” is a generalized term for an arbitrary group of people. Easy to demonize and fight against. It’s a divisive tactic that political actors and the media use to clump people into ground and play the team sport hate game. It is absent of substance and specifics by design.

The difference between Trump and the “establishment” who you say started it is… Trump is an actual person who is specifically responsible for his words and actions and he is running to be POTUS. The Establishment is still arbitrary and vague and not a valid excuse for Trump nor anybody else to act “in kind”

One challenges it in court. Not by threatening people over the phone.
It is completely moot.

It is all hearsay & speculation, unless, and until, "they," release the unedited phone conversation.

They say they heard four minutes of an eleven minute call.

From an interview I heard, it doesn't sound like there were any threats.

You didn't hear the call, I didn't hear it, staph making shit up.

Detroit News reporter describes Trump's tone on phone call pressuring canvassers on 2020 election​

Do you think there would have been all of this, if multiple states, had not changed election laws, contrary to their constitutions, at the last minute?
This is where that argument fails. The Supreme Court ruled that elections are to take place under the law as it existed during the election. So even if an election law is later overturned as unconstitutional, it doesn't change the outcome of the election.

The time to challenge an election law is soon after it goes into effect, not wait until after the next election, and only if your party loses.

See: The doctrine of Laches

The “establishment” is a generalized term for an arbitrary group of people. Easy to demonize and fight against. It’s a divisive tactic that political actors and the media use to clump people into ground and play the team sport hate game. It is absent of substance and specifics by design.

The difference between Trump and the “establishment” who you say started it is… Trump is an actual person who is specifically responsible for his words and actions and he is running to be POTUS. The Establishment is still arbitrary and vague and not a valid excuse for Trump nor anybody else to act “in kind”
I could name specific people, I don't care to get that specific, just as your post is a throw away post of admitted denial.

You know what I wrote is correct.

He is just responding to being attacked.

Thanks for admitting you are wrong.

Forum List

Back