Ranked Choice Voting in Alaska

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

Voters in the state had approved a ballot initiative in 2020 in favor of using ranked-choice voting in their general elections. The initiative also created a nonpartisan primary which sends the top four vote-getters, regardless of political affiliation, to the general election. (The fourth candidate in June's special primary, Al Gross, withdrew shortly thereafter.)

Good news that more states are starting to move to this. It might be the one thing that can break the stranglehold of the duopoly.

Voters in the state had approved a ballot initiative in 2020 in favor of using ranked-choice voting in their general elections. The initiative also created a nonpartisan primary which sends the top four vote-getters, regardless of political affiliation, to the general election. (The fourth candidate in June's special primary, Al Gross, withdrew shortly thereafter.)

Good news that more states are starting to move to this. It might be the one thing that can break the stranglehold of the duopoly.
I thought they were already doing this kind of thing in CA with conservatives complaining about getting locked out in the general. I guess it’s all in where you are, the top 3 in AK likely being all Republicans.

It won't matter, that RINO bitch will run a write-in campaign and win.

I thought they were already doing this kind of thing in CA with conservatives complaining about getting locked out in the general. I guess it’s all in where you are, the top 3 in AK likely being all Republicans.
what its going to do, assuming this is really the future, is make swing states all the more important...
...With Texas, Florida, New York and California already in the bag for their respective voters, states like Wyoming, New Mexico and the Dakotas are going to enjoy a campaign money windfall that is sure to make them smile and their puny electorate is going to be treated with the same kind of prominence as the big boys.

Last edited:
Now if we can just get all the states to do like ME and NE and quit with the "winner take all" for electors.

what its going to do, assuming this is really the future, is make swing states all the more important...
...With Texas, Florida, New York and California already in the bag for their respective voters, states like Wyoming, New Mexico and the Dakotas are going to enjoy a campaign money windfall that is sure to make them smile and their puny electorate is going to be treated with the same kind of prominence as the big boys.

I would not count on Texas being "in the bag" for the GOP much longer.

If only we could get congressional districts determined by geographical compactness and computer-generated to eliminate human bias.

that would be nice as well. The only thing I would correct is that even computer-generated have human bias since humans program them, but it removes most of it.

^^^The Biden voter is complaining about the duopoly.

LOL

Palin is a RINO Bitch?

Damn, who knew.
The Murkowski family is a regional power entity. Like Dukes and Duchesses in Britain. Massive power interest infects lower population areas enough to turn politics to their side or ways.

Forum List

Back