Range Anxiety....Who knew?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Range anxiety is the driver's fear that a vehicle has insufficient energy storage (fuel and/or battery capacity) to cover the road distance needed to reach its intended destination, and would thus strand the vehicle's occupants mid-way. The term, which is now primarily used in reference to battery electric vehicles (BEVs), is considered to be one of the major psychological barriers to large-scale public adoption of electric cars.

Damn, "range anxiety" used to mean the wind blowing too hard at 500 meters. ;)

Range anxiety is the driver's fear that a vehicle has insufficient energy storage (fuel and/or battery capacity) to cover the road distance needed to reach its intended destination, and would thus strand the vehicle's occupants mid-way. The term, which is now primarily used in reference to battery electric vehicles (BEVs), is considered to be one of the major psychological barriers to large-scale public adoption of electric cars.

Damn, "range anxiety" used to mean the wind blowing too hard at 500 meters.;)
At first, I thought it was about rifle hunting. :cool:

I do my map math, distance math, and time math when I go on a long trip.
I also figure in where all the gas stations are along the way, as well as rest stops and motels.

The only thing that will throw me off, is if one of the places I've decided to be a main stop has closed down.
That happened on my last trip to Mexifornia. The Stuckys that the map information I got stated it was open, and when I got there, it was completely shut down. But, along with my map math, I also deal with "what if" as well, so I had plenty of gas to get to Albuquerque before the car hit empty.

I thought this was going to be about going to the gun range.
I'd get anxiety when I used to shoot at gun ranges....all I had to do was look up at all of the holes through the roof. There were hundreds of them.
Which got me to thinking...these are just the ones that left evidence,how many others didnt leave their mark?

I thought this was going to be about going to the gun range.
I'd get anxiety when I used to shoot at gun ranges....all I had to do was look up at all of the holes through the roof. There were hundreds of them.
Which got me to thinking...these are just the ones that left evidence,how many others didnt leave their mark?
I was going to post this to ease the anxiety. Not sure what to do about electric vehicle anxiety
1655410793460.png
:)

Forum List

Back