Charging my leaf

The National Electric Code calls for 8 gauge wire circuits to be protected at 55 amps ... either copper or aluminum ... well within the 30 amps we're pulling with a "level 2" charger ... 30 amps times 240 volts equals 7.2 kW of power ...

Compared to an electric range with all four burners rolling at 9.6 kW ... (50 square meters of solar panels) ...

No one's answered the question "Why are you commuting 300 miles a day?" ... you should be on the train instead ...
These guys are talking about moving 100 KWH inside of 10 minutes. I haven't I haven't done the math on that yet but the amperage rating has to be phenomenal. Unless it weighs several hundred pounds I believe some component therein will melt.

Also I don't have a long commute anymore. When I was working for general electric they kindly provided free charging on the campus so I didn't have to worry about range anxiety and getting back home. Now my commute is less than 2 miles and the electric car can go for four or five days before I have to recharge it. Still though I can't take it on a trip or go any long distance without knowing exactly where I'm going.

These guys are talking about moving 100 KWH inside of 10 minutes. I haven't I haven't done the math on that yet but the amperage rating has to be phenomenal. Unless it weighs several hundred pounds I believe some component therein will melt.

Also I don't have a long commute anymore. When I was working for general electric they kindly provided free charging on the campus so I didn't have to worry about range anxiety and getting back home. Now my commute is less than 2 miles and the electric car can go for four or five days before I have to recharge it. Still though I can't take it on a trip or go any long distance without knowing exactly where I'm going.

There's your problem ... you'd take an EV where you should be walking ... 2 miles is 6 minutes on a bicycle ... lazy shit ... if you hate the environment so much, go ahead and take the F-350 ... 150 gallons of gas will take you 750 miles ... no worries even in Nevada ...

You need new batteries if you're only getting 20 miles out of a charge ... just saying ... you should be getting two or three months out of one charge ...

There's your problem ... you'd take an EV where you should be walking ... 2 miles is 6 minutes on a bicycle ... lazy shit ... if you hate the environment so much, go ahead and take the F-350 ... 150 gallons of gas will take you 750 miles ... no worries even in Nevada ...

You need new batteries if you're only getting 20 miles out of a charge ... just saying ... you should be getting two or three months out of one charge ...
Dude you have me mixed up with some other poster I never said anything about an F-350 and certainly would never own one. In the good weather a bicycle is not such a bad idea. Unfortunately there wouldn't be any room for the variety of equipment I haul around with me.

I do know several tradesmen however who need heavy duty trucks to make their living with. I don't see them spending $100,000 on one of the new Tesla service trucks 1100 horsepower not withstanding.

This leaf was sold to me with the promise of 150 equivalent miles per charge. An equivalent mile is not necessarily a linear mile. You have to consider heat and air conditioning and also the layout of the terrain. Naturally the car uses more energy per linear mile going uphill than it does downhill.

Jo

Dude you have me mixed up with some other poster I never said anything about an F-350 and certainly would never own one. In the good weather a bicycle is not such a bad idea. Unfortunately there wouldn't be any room for the variety of equipment I haul around with me.

I do know several tradesmen however who need heavy duty trucks to make their living with. I don't see them spending $100,000 on one of the new Tesla service trucks 1100 horsepower not withstanding.

This leaf was sold to me with the promise of 150 equivalent miles per charge. An equivalent mile is not necessarily a linear mile. You have to consider heat and air conditioning and also the layout of the terrain. Naturally the car uses more energy per linear mile going uphill than it does downhill.

Jo

That's not why you bought the Leaf ... you like what it says about you ... the mistake was selling the Prius ... or F-350, does it matter? ...

Since when does a Leaf have more cargo area than a bicycle? ... I thought you said "2 miles" ... you can walk that far in the time it takes to charge the Leaf ...

That's not why you bought the Leaf ... you like what it says about you ... the mistake was selling the Prius ... or F-350, does it matter? ...

Since when does a Leaf have more cargo area than a bicycle? ... I thought you said "2 miles" ... you can walk that far in the time it takes to charge the Leaf ...

I commute 2 miles to work....
But I also go to the grocery store. I may consider walking in the good weather...depends.

Um.....I couldn't care less what it says about me. I have it because it was a 32k car with 4,000 miles on it and the dealer cut it to 20k to get rid of it for a friend who hated it. I also have a Toyota Camry ICD. GE was offering free charging and so was the dealer so I took a chance.

Jo

I commute 2 miles to work....
But I also go to the grocery store. I may consider walking in the good weather...depends.

Um.....I couldn't care less what it says about me. I have it because it was a 32k car with 4,000 miles on it and the dealer cut it to 20k to get rid of it for a friend who hated it. I also have a Toyota Camry ICD. GE was offering free charging and so was the dealer so I took a chance.

Jo
What is a Camry ICD?

Forum List

Back