Rand Paul: I'm Referring Fauci For Criminal Charges, and Here's the Proof He Lied to Congress

Does anyone remember the last time Fauci got rattled and actually validated what Rand was saying, much the very same way he just did this time?

For those who may not remember that exchange...

Rand Paul: ''Dr Fauci, do you still support funding of the NIH funding of the lab in Wuhan?" :26:

Anthony Fauci: "Senator Paul, with all due respect, you are entirely and completely incorrect that the NIH has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology" :yapyapyapf:

I don't think Fauci is even listening to what questions he's actually being asked, to be honest.

And then again with his most recent bumblefudge, which also cannot be repeated enough....

Rand Paul - “You take an animal virus and you increase its transmissibility to humans, and you’re saying that’s not gain-of-function?” :26:

Anthony Fauci - “That is correct, and Senator Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly, and I want to say that officially” :yapyapyapf:

He actually contradicted himself in both instances. Literally. He's all shook up in both instances. Seriously.

Though I do wonder how Fauci's answers will be recorded on the record.

It may very well be strategic on his part to be so contradictory when answering questions just because he knows he's screwed in the court of public opinion regardless. He's kind of inserting his own technicality into things there. His 'out' so to speak. He's opening the door to the possibility of a clerical error in his favor. Someone should go back and actually look at the record to see if the record itself actually reflects how he literally responded here, and in both instances.

Matter of fact, I'm gonna mention that to one of the stafers who are charged with doing that stuff.

Last edited:
On the contrary, Paul "shouts him down" when Fauci starts rerouting the conversation to avoid answering.
Seriously RW, this isn't a red vs. blue thing here.
Having trouble with Fauci doesn't make you a bad Democrat. It makes you objective.
You should at the very least have serious concerns in what has been his knowledge of the Wuhan lab...and why did he say the possibility of a pandemic caused by a lab leak is worth studying it.
Especially fucking China. FFS, how many times has China been caught taking short cuts in manufacturing good that were unsafe for humans - but did it anyway?
Why the fuck would anyone want the same country in control of deadly viruses???
He was not only OK with it, but encouraged more of it.
I laugh every time Rand Paul or Ted Cruz interview Dr Fauci.
Both think they are the smartest person in the room but cover their ignorance by using bullying tactics.

Both preen before the camera as they spout wild, unfounded accusations at Fauci and then shout him down when he tries to respond

LOL like the hacked out DOJ will do anything about his crime of lying to congress.
Think about it. Trying to kill federal agents isnt domestic terrorism if its done at night... :rolleyes:
Do not EVER expect justice from the federal govt.

I laugh every time Rand Paul or Ted Cruz interview Dr Fauci.
Both think they are the smartest person in the room but cover their ignorance by using bullying tactics.

Both preen before the camera as they spout wild, unfounded accusations at Fauci and then shout him down when he tries to respond
Sorry you see it that way. Truly.
Of course they preen and posture... tell me what elected member of both houses doesn't??
It is what Fauci says, or doesn't say that is important. As well as how he answers. ANY witness EITHER side interviews and starts meandering around, avoiding answering... chasing rabbit trails - ALWAYS gets interrupted and badgered by members.
Can you not address what Fauci says, or doesn't say rather then just complain bout Paul and Cruz?
Can you, yourself, ever - once - answer a question without also not answering it by saying something else?

An MIT biologist as well as "the Bat Lady" herself says that Fauci's money did fund gain-of-function research at Wuhan.

Fauci insists that by his personal definition of gain-of-function -- a definition shared by no one else in virology -- this wasn't "gain-of-function."

It’s the old Clinton ‘a blow job isn't sex’ defense.

Wow! Paul Rand got some rabid right wing twit from MIT to sign onto his idiocy. This biologist works in evolution, not virology.

These are two different specialities, and this guy isn't a medical doctor either. He studies evolution.

Rand Paul can make all of the criminal referrals he wants. They're not going anywhere.

If Paul indicts him, will he give Fauci a chance to respond or will he just shout him down again?
Yes that rude interrupting and questionable attacks, not good. Could have Dr Fauci held his temper some what? As I have said before not many adults involved in politics any more.

An MIT biologist as well as "the Bat Lady" herself says that Fauci's money did fund gain-of-function research at Wuhan.

Fauci insists that by his personal definition of gain-of-function -- a definition shared by no one else in virology -- this wasn't "gain-of-function."

Fauci needs nailed to the wall. I'm just glad he will be the first, but hopefully, far, far from the last. Time for the GOP to start nailing a whole LOTTA people to the wall.

LOL like the hacked out DOJ will do anything about his crime of lying to congress.
Think about it. Trying to kill federal agents isnt domestic terrorism if its done at night... :rolleyes:
Do not EVER expect justice from the federal govt.

Maybe so. Heck, likely so. But now everybody knows what Fauci is about.

And he did it to himself. :71:

I think that's more valuable in the scheme of things.

Oh no..if it comes down to it Biden can do the Trump thing and give Fauci a blanket pardon. Problem solved...(chuckle)

Paul must be upset that Fauci made him look like bitch.

I believe Fauci lied but the chances of getting charges are nil. I still believe Fauci is compromised and hopefully the pressure at least gets him removed.
so you admit only people who aren't demofks get arrested for lying.

Forum List

Back