Questions For Veterans

First of all whether or not you're democrat or republican I want to thank you for your services, because if anything else,.. you at least deserve that amount of respect from me. Second of all if you're a republican, how do you feel now knowing that the country you put your life on the line fighting for is now fighting against you? How do you feel that your right to bear arms is currently trying to be tampered with and you're headed for censorship and if police are defunded, how it will be less safe for you to sleep soundly at night? And for all of the democrats out there, how can you not feel like there aren't problems in our country?
I'm a Democrat and here is my "feelings" and reasoning on our Problems this year:
  • There is too much income inequality
    • our economy is consumer driven
    • The 1% puts dollars into Wall St. and too little into Main St.
  • There are too many guns in the hands of too many people who are not capable to ever own, possess or have in their custody and control a firearm;
    • there are too many people whose only response to gun control is "shall not be infringed"
    • there are too many people who believe their guns will be taken away from them by Democrats
  • Greed, Bigoty, Dishonesty & Hate
    • learned in homes and in communities
Solutions:
  1. None

First of all whether or not you're democrat or republican I want to thank you for your services, because if anything else,.. you at least deserve that amount of respect from me. Second of all if you're a republican, how do you feel now knowing that the country you put your life on the line fighting for is now fighting against you? How do you feel that your right to bear arms is currently trying to be tampered with and you're headed for censorship and if police are defunded, how it will be less safe for you to sleep soundly at night? And for all of the democrats out there, how can you not feel like there aren't problems in our country?

What I don't want to see is military style weapons in civilian hands. We have been very lucky that only sillyvillians have been the ones doing the AR style shooting. In the hands of an experienced Combat Veteran Shooter, the body count would have been even higher than it already is. Yah, I know, that is against the 2A you are preaching. But it goes to show that the ARs style weapons are only #1 in Battle Field Conditions and Mass Shootings.

What I don't want to see is military style weapons in civilian hands. We have been very lucky that only sillyvillians have been the ones doing the AR style shooting. In the hands of an experienced Combat Veteran Shooter, the body count would have been even higher than it already is.

You mean like the guy at the University of Texas that killed 18 people with a rifle that today is over 80 years old?

Know what else is a "military style weapon"?

m9_listing0011.png

But it goes to show that the ARs style weapons are only #1 in Battle Field Conditions and Mass Shootings.

They are good for hog hunting ... And you can do that at night with an infrared scope.
Hogs are legal quadrupeds here where I live, and can be taken in any manner.

Funny how Biden's asthma cleared up after he got his 4-F classification. His son was kicked out of the Navy for drug use. What bothers me is lefties who used to spit on members of the Military when the draft was in place now back a doddering old draft dodger who set up a scenario for a shooting war with Russia.

You mean like the guy at the University of Texas that killed 18 people with a rifle that today is over 80 years old?

Know what else is a "military style weapon"?

m9_listing0011.png

The mass shooting death count is over 60 with ARs. Notice, I singled out the Combat Veterans. You are doing a "Hey, look over there" routine. If that had been a sillyvillian and it was today, he would have been lucky to get 4 or 5.

They are good for hog hunting ... And you can do that at night with an infrared scope.
Hogs are legal quadrupeds here where I live, and can be taken in any manner.

And there are tens of rifles that can do it better. The AR doesn't rate number one in any category outside Mass Shooting Body Count Record.

And there are tens of rifles that can do it better.

I have one that works fine doing it now ... And I am not asking if I can keep it.
You don't have to agree ... :thup:

Well actually more than one, and probably a few of those other rifles you were talking about too.

I have one that works fine doing it now ... And I am not asking if I can keep it.
You don't have to agree ... :thup:

Well actually more than one, and probably a few of those other rifles you were talking about too.

I am not disagreeing that you should have it. If the law where you live says you can then you can. If it says you can't then you shouldn't have it or you should apply for the proper federal license to possess it. Legal, Legal, Legal.

I am not disagreeing that you should have it. If the law where you live says you can then you can. If it says you can't then you shouldn't have it or you should apply for the proper federal license to possess it. Legal, Legal, Legal.

A federal License isn't required, and my State has a stronger protection of gun rights in our State Constitution than the US Constitution does.
In our State Constitution they made sure there was no language anyone could misunderstand and try to fight about.

The law doesn't say I can own it ... I own it because I already have the Right to.
What you meant to say is that no one has been stupid enough to try and write a law that attempts
to limit my Rights in regard to that firearm.

Well ... Congress tried under President Clinton, but that law was completely useless
and ended up selling more firearms than it kept off the streets.

Last edited:

A federal License isn't required, and my State has a stronger protection of gun rights in our State Constitution than the US Constitution does.
In our State Constitution they made sure there was no language anyone could misunderstand and try to fight about.

The law doesn't say I can own it ... I own it because I already have the Right to.
What you meant to say is that no one has been stupid enough to try and write a law that attempts
to limit my Rights in regard to that firearm.

Well ... Congress tried under President Clinton, but that law was completely useless

The ONLY place that you have an absolute right is in the confines of your home. And if there is no law against it then it's legal. There are areas that have outlawed the normal possessing of the AR type rifles. And they have held up in the courts. The ones that keep getting the rifle law tossed out call it an "Assault Rifle". It's not and never was. It's a Military Grade Light Rifle. Those that do write a law either limiting or banning the AR use very specific language "AR-16 and it's various clones and copies" instead of the generic Assault Rifle. Can you see the difference?

The ONLY place that you have an absolute right is in the confines of your home. And if there is no law against it then it's legal. There are areas that have outlawed the normal possessing of the AR type rifles. And they have held up in the courts. The ones that keep getting the rifle law tossed out call it an "Assault Rifle". It's not and never was. It's a Military Grade Light Rifle. Those that do write a law either limiting or banning the AR use very specific language "AR-16 and it's various clones and copies" instead of the generic Assault Rifle. Can you see the difference?

There is not even an age restriction in Federal Statute as to who can possess an AR-15 and ammunition.
That's because you are born with that Right.

My favorite silly gun control law was the "Assault Rifle" law of California. The following were some of the things that when combined made an "assault rifle":

Grenade Launcher
Flash Suppressor
Pistol Grip
Barrel Shroud
Bayonet lug or bayonet
Detachable magazine in a location other than the pistol grip

Now anybody who actually knows weapons knows that those are all stupid in the extreme. I think I would be more worried about the grenade launcher itself than the rifle it was attached to. Bayonet? Are they trying to regulate assault rifles, or very clumsy spears? A shroud, pistol grip, those are cosmetic and do not make a weapon any different than one without.

Funny now 99% of "Assault Weapon" bans and regulations are based purely on the looks, and most modern rifles are no different than those in use during WWII. They just were not black, plastic, and frightening looking.

My favorite silly gun control law was the "Assault Rifle" law of California. The following were some of the things that when combined made an "assault rifle":

Grenade Launcher
Flash Suppressor
Pistol Grip
Barrel Shroud
Bayonet lug or bayonet
Detachable magazine in a location other than the pistol grip

Now anybody who actually knows weapons knows that those are all stupid in the extreme. I think I would be more worried about the grenade launcher itself than the rifle it was attached to. Bayonet? Are they trying to regulate assault rifles, or very clumsy spears? A shroud, pistol grip, those are cosmetic and do not make a weapon any different than one without.

Funny now 99% of "Assault Weapon" bans and regulations are based purely on the looks, and most modern rifles are no different than those in use during WWII. They just were not black, plastic, and frightening looking.

That's what tanked the Assault Weapons Ban as well ... Like the other poster was attempting, they tried to define it.
Adaptation and innovation will always come into play.

People run around crying about the AR-15 but not the Springfield M1A ...
It's a .308 and one serious firearm you don't want to run into the business end of.

Edit:
Anyway, the thread is not just about firearms.
Glad some veterans are willing to share their thoughts.

Last edited:
Adaptation and innovation will always come into play.

Not even "adaptation", absolutely nothing was "adapted" to get around it, they were targeting things that had been in use for decades.

Like the "thumbhole stock". Those have been around since the 1950's, and were common for those that wanted to convert an older rifle to a more modern shooting style, but had no place to attach a pistol grip.

64413-b185ea4e5d5e81cb2efd1437253e2a8a.jpg

Nothing new, that is a thumbhole stock for an M1. And it does not a damned thing to make an M1 more accurate, shoot faster, or more deadly. But it is more ergonomically friendly. So when some of the laws first targeted the pistol grip, Norinco is widely recognized as the first company to mass produce it. But it already existed, and it is expected to be the most popular stock among hunters in the next decade.

There is not even an age restriction in Federal Statute as to who can possess an AR-15 and ammunition.
That's because you are born with that Right.

How about Boston, Mass.. The Feds stay out of States Rights usually.

Not even "adaptation", absolutely nothing was "adapted" to get around it, they were targeting things that had been in use for decades.

Like the "thumbhole stock". Those have been around since the 1950's, and were common for those that wanted to convert an older rifle to a more modern shooting style, but had no place to attach a pistol grip.

64413-b185ea4e5d5e81cb2efd1437253e2a8a.jpg

Nothing new, that is a thumbhole stock for an M1. And it does not a damned thing to make an M1 more accurate, shoot faster, or more deadly. But it is more ergonomically friendly. So when some of the laws first targeted the pistol grip, Norinco is widely recognized as the first company to mass produce it. But it already existed, and it is expected to be the most popular stock among hunters in the next decade.

I hear you ... Especially on the ergonomic value.

That's the problem with talking to soldiers about firearms.
We know what they were made to do ... :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back