Questions For Veterans

Yes, and I was answering. Or does my status not matter if I do not agree with you?

I guess all guns should look like this, then they would not be so bad.

9c3e316257196292dc186fc83cdcb965.jpg

Easy way to legally limit or ban that particular rifle. "AR15 and it's various clones and the AK-47 and their various clones" does the trick. I am not talking about banning or limiting all guns or accessories. I am not talking about what is legal and what not legal. I am not talking about birth or God Given rights.

How about Boston, Mass.. The Feds stay out of States Rights usually.

I don't live in Boston or Massachusetts ... Don't care.
I am pretty sure they can better decide what they want to do in their State.

Easy way to legally limit or ban that particular rifle. "AR15 and it's various clones and the AK-47 and their various clones" does the trick. I am not talking about banning or limiting all guns or accessories. I am not talking about what is legal and what not legal. I am not talking about birth or God Given rights.

That's what we keep saying ... It doesn't make a difference.
You can have a custom firearm that avoids any definition you try to give it, but that does the same thing, built for $1200.

To stop that ... You would have to cross over into banning rifles that are simply for hunting ...
Even further infringing on the Rights citizens are born with.

Last edited:

OK, got it.

So this rifle would be fine, right?

2386451946.jpg

I served 25 years.

I have served in Afghanistan, HoA, Iraq, Japan (2x), Korea, Turkey....and more

I served under four presidents from Clinton to Trump.

At NO point did I ever buy into the "spreading freedom and Democracy" bullshit.

That lie was exposed in Vietnam, and reconfirmed in the first Gulf War.

I knew that my country was not altruistic.

I knew that the US military was a foreign policy tool...not a defender of the homeland.

We are a nation who will pour crocodile tears over the death of a child "at the hands of terror" but then bomb an innocent wedding party, or fund dictators who will.

I knew my country was run by crooks, criminals, sociopaths, and sadists.

However, I also grew up dirt poor and my goal was a pension with benefits.

You pick your devils I guess.

That was the goal...mission accomplished.

So what is new?

When they passed the Patriot Act who do you think it was for?

The TUUUUUUURRRRISTS?!!

No mfer..that was for YOU!

I think as a Vet that you people are faaaaarrrrr too trusting of a government who has been downright evil foreign and domestic.
Repeal the Patriot act now!

It is because we are informed, and actually know what we are talking about.

Which goes back to what Vrenn mentioned here ...

In the hands of an experienced Combat Veteran Shooter, the body count would have been even higher than it already is.

The context is present, but missing perspective ...
Combat Veteran Soldiers could deal a lot of damage, and most precisely because they already have.

In a lot of cases Combat Veterans know what it is like to kill another human being,
and aren't in a huge hurry to run out there and do it again.

That's what we keep saying ... It doesn't make a difference.
You can have a custom firearm that avoids any definition you try to give it, but that does the same thing, built for $1200.

To stop that ... You would have to cross over into banning rifles that are simply for hunting ...
Even further infringing on the Rights citizens are born with.

Not under the intent of the Heller V. that has been used more than once on Federal Court rulings where they say that to ban all weapons in a specific category is not going to happen. Meanwhile, in several cases, the ruling has been if the wording is specific enough (AR-15 and it's various copies and clones) or (AR-15/AK47 and it's various clones and copies) that a state/City/County can limit or ban that specific weapon. But it has to be clear and concise not to affect the entire category. And you know this.

Here's a good thing to keep you busy. Both Oregon and California have that stupid "Assault Rifle" ban and it's being enforced. Why don't you 2As not get that changed. Even the 9th Court will have to rule against it. And I have another question on this, why did those two states write it that way since almost as higher Federal Courts have ruled on the same intent under Heller V which is the gold standard. Do they want all or nothing or do you want all or nothing. That's not how things work and you know it. Get those two state laws bounced and fo for something more equitable for all concerned.

OK, got it.

So this rifle would be fine, right?

2386451946.jpg

Actually, yes. if the law is properly written. The law must be very specific. "AR-15/AK47 and it's various clones and copies". Not "All Assault Rifles".

Not under the intent of the Heller V. that has been used more than once on Federal Court rulings where they say that to ban all weapons in a specific category is not going to happen. Meanwhile, in several cases, the ruling has been if the wording is specific enough (AR-15 and it's various copies and clones) or (AR-15/AK47 and it's various clones and copies) that a state/City/County can limit or ban that specific weapon. But it has to be clear and concise not to affect the entire category. And you know this.

Here's a good thing to keep you busy. Both Oregon and California have that stupid "Assault Rifle" ban and it's being enforced. Why don't you 2As not get that changed. Even the 9th Court will have to rule against it. And I have another question on this, why did those two states write it that way since almost as higher Federal Courts have ruled on the same intent under Heller V which is the gold standard. Do they want all or nothing or do you want all or nothing. That's not how things work and you know it. Get those two state laws bounced and fo for something more equitable for all concerned.

You are welcome to try ... I am certainly not worried about it.
They aren't trying to take them away where I live, and our State Constitution forbids the State Legislature from trying.
Whatever you accomplish won't ever keep me from having one.

If you made it so only law enforcement can possess one ...
I'll be a Reserve Deputy for the Sheriff's Department the next day ... :auiqs.jpg:

They all know me at the range.
It isn't necessarily a bad idea to be on my side.
I'm a veteran, and just don't think like you do.

Which goes back to what Vrenn mentioned here ...

The context is present, but missing perspective ...
Combat Veteran Soldiers could deal a lot of damage, and most precisely because they already have.

In a lot of cases Combat Veterans know what it is like to kill another human being,
and aren't in a huge hurry to run out there and do it again.

Thank you Brother. Why would most of us make poor cops? We would hesitate longer than someone that has never been in combat. We know the cost because we paid it.

We would hesitate longer than someone that has never been in combat.

Yeah ... It's different when someone is pointing a firearm at you and isn't worried about what you are thinking ...
Because they are going to try their best to stop whatever it is you are thinking in the next fraction of a second.

They may be screaming a bunch of stuff you don't understand ...
But they aren't asking you questions.

You are welcome to try ... I am certainly not worried about it.
They aren't trying to take them away where I live, and our State Constitution forbids the State Legislature from trying.
Whatever you accomplish won't ever keep me from having one.​

You, me and at least one federal judge (Judge Young of the Mass District Court) al pretty much agree that this a states right thing. In 2013/14 when Colorado passed their version of high capacity mags, it was found in the District Court that the way it was written was against Heller V. That very Afternoon when the State heard the arguments, they changed from 10 to 15. The Argument stopped cold. 10 was too little but 15 was just right. And if a state leaves it open for the county/city below it, then the lower governments can and have made some interesting laws and they have stuck. But the operative phrase is 'Within Reason" which is what Heller V DC was all about.

If you made it so only law enforcement can possess one ...
I'll be a Reserve Deputy for the Sheriff's Department the next day ... :auiqs.jpg:

They all know me at the range.
It isn't necessarily a bad idea to be on my side.
I'm a veteran, and just don't think like you do.

In California you would then be a cop. But they have had at least one cop busted for having an AR at his home without the proper licensing. But if that is what it takes to get a qualified person into law enforcement then that's not a bad thing.

But if that is what it takes to get a qualified person into law enforcement then that's not a bad thing.

Way back when I joined the range, there were some Deputies there with Management.
They have a class that someone who wants to join has to take, and all these tests and everything.

They were telling me what we were going to have to do, and I put my DD214 on the counter.
One of the Deputies picked it up and said ...
"You have Small Arms Training, and we don't have to do this ... Want a doughnut and some coffee?"

Way back when I joined the range, there were some Deputies there with Management.
They have a class that someone who wants to join has to take, and all these tests and everything.

They were telling me what we were going to have to do, and I put my DD214 on the counter.
One of the Deputies picked it up and said ...
"You have Small Arms Training, and we don't have to do this ... Want a doughnut and some coffee?"

Same here for CCW within X number of years. Just present you D
D-214 (ir in my case, DD-2) and you are automatically issued the CCW license.

Same here for CCW within X number of years. Just present you D
D-214 (ir in my case, DD-2) and you are automatically issued the CCW license.

A lifetime CAC Permit for an Honorably discharged veteran is even free of charge in my State.

First of all whether or not you're democrat or republican I want to thank you for your services, because if anything else,.. you at least deserve that amount of respect from me. Second of all if you're a republican, how do you feel now knowing that the country you put your life on the line fighting for is now fighting against you? How do you feel that your right to bear arms is currently trying to be tampered with and you're headed for censorship and if police are defunded, how it will be less safe for you to sleep soundly at night? And for all of the democrats out there, how can you not feel like there aren't problems in our country?
Almost every generation of my family had someone serve in the military going back to the 1700s.

Recently my father was a WWII veteran, I am a Vietnam War veteran and my son is an Iraqi War veteran.

No way would I want anyone in my family serving in the military now. Our government does not protect the American people. The military has turned into the revolutionary guard for a Leftest takeover. It protected the people that stole an election. It is not even being use for the biggest threat of an invasion of the border.

Let the queers, transsexuals, affirmative action Negroes and unqualified women serve in the military. American Patriots should tell this filthy ass Leftest government to cram it up their ass.

Forum List

Back