Navy Seal dies after grueling "Hell Week" training

Do you know what "hell week" is? Its week 11 in BUDS where they work the fuck out of you and you only get 30 minutes of sleep each day. It crushes people. Its a big part of why only 1 in 10 make it through SEAL training.
30 minutes a day for a week ? Who supplies da blow ?
I'll be hurtin if I couldn't get 2-3 hours

30 minutes a day for a week ? Who supplies da blow ?
I'll be hurtin if I couldn't get 2-3 hours
Without REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which takes a few consequtive hours of sleep to achieve, you literally begin to lose your mind. It breaks most people.

• Banned
Do you know what "hell week" is? Its week 11 in BUDS where they work the fuck out of you and you only get 30 minutes of sleep each day. It crushes people. Its a big part of why only 1 in 10 make it through SEAL training.
been there done that (lol)

• Banned
how is that different than torturing terrorists at Gitmo?

how is that different than torturing terrorists at Gitmo?
It's worse, but i suppose its at least voluntary. They can ring this bell and all the pain stops, but they are instantly removed from BUDS by doing so. I like how they dangle it right in front of them, enticing them. :laugh:

Always-Make-Your-Bed-Don%E2%80%99t-Ever-Ring-the-Bell.jpg

Sad story -- yet very encouraging -- as I have seen many people brag about how tough seal training is and how people dying because of it is kinda cool and stuff...

Sad story -- yet very encouraging -- as I have seen many people brag about how tough seal training is and how people dying because of it is kinda cool and stuff...
No one and I mean no one brags about a damn death during the training, so do not and I mean do not start with that nonsense seeing you have never served a moment in your worthless and pathetic life.

The young man has fallen and death happens but only a truly fucking retard would think any SEAL that has made or failed would brag about that death!

You are pathetic!

No one and I mean no one brags about a damn death during the training, so do not and I mean do not start with that nonsense seeing you have never served a moment in your worthless and pathetic life.

The young man has fallen and death happens but only a truly fucking retard would think any SEAL that has made or failed would brag about that death!

You are pathetic!
Yea, they sorta do....

As someone said on this very post.....If someone doesn't die every once and a while from Seal training, then the training isn't tough enough...

Did you clutch your pearls and whine like a bitch about that comment?? FOH

Yea, they sorta do....

As someone said on this very post.....If someone doesn't die every once and a while from Seal training, then the training isn't tough enough...

Did you clutch your pearls and whine like a bitch about that comment?? FOH
You said "I have seen many people brag about how tough seal training is and how people dying because of it is kinda cool and stuff...", but now you can only produce one tongue in cheek example, and not a particularly good example either.

Without REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which takes a few consequtive hours of sleep to achieve, you literally begin to lose your mind. It breaks most people.

But the amount of time a person can spend awake with little sleep can actually be increased through training. Which is part of the goal of doing it in training.

One thing that often surprises people is that I can stay awake for over 2 days with no sleep. And like those guys, and have spent almost a week with only "30 minute power naps". Yes, towards the end I was damned near a walking zombie, but I was still mostly functional. And when I finally did crash it was for almost 12 hours.

However, this does also tend to affect long term sleep patterns. Even a decade or more later, most nights I only sleep for 4 hours or so a night. But the time period needed to "lose your mind" is around two weeks, and that is with absolutely no sleep at all. A half hour daily is enough to keep most from ever reaching that level outside of a month or more.

SEALS? What is the mission? They keep cranking out series of motivated kids into a system that doesn't exist. SEAL training is an evolution of the old UDT that paved the way for amphibious landings in WW2 Pacific. SEALS had virtually no presence in Korea or Vietnam and suddenly rose to prominence when the military mission was limited. The training relies primarily on the ability of candidates to withstand hypothermia and to paddle a rubber boat while almost unconscious? What's the point?

Forum List

Back