Problem with the Poor Class

What advice would you give someone who’s stuck? Chances are there too old or they have families?

My grandparents came here pretty poor from Greece . It was all about the kids. If they could afford to come I’m sure people who really want to can leave a high poverty place in America. And f they can’t they need to help the next generation get out.

Most people point to poor black families in the ghetto and blame them for their poverty.

But look at communities like Appalachia or Mississippi
Families have lived there for generations. They may have worked in the mines or worked at local farms. When they failed, there was no place to go. They may have a rundown house that nobody will buy or have strong family connections

But nobody blames rural families for their poverty

I’m certainly smart enough to see all the tax breaks and legislation since Reagan, then see how poorly the poor and middle class are doing, then see how well the rich are doing, to know we got screwed.

Good point. After seeing all this, what advice are you giving your kids?
Since Reagan, much of the financial burden has shifted from the rich to the working poor.

The working poor are expected to carry more of the burden for education, healthcare, retirement….

Trickle down never happened…..they just kept the money

Vote Democratic, tax the rich again and invest in America again....Mario Cuomo said Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable. Time for a living wage, cheap college and training, daycare and health care like every other modern country, super dupe of the greedy idiot lying GOP rich, ignoramus.
I'll throw affordable housing in there as well. These investments are well worth the expense in returns. The problem is that conservatives..can't see it.

There is an old saying…

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

But what do you do when there are no more fish in the pond?

Many communities have lost their prime source of revenue. Factories closed, mines have been abandoned, farms have failed

Those who can afford to, move elsewhere.
Those who can’t afford to move face extended poverty
Americans wouldn't even be discussing this a few years ago. Now the majority are starting to understand the the good times aren't coming back.

Trump can't make America great again for them when all there is to offer is service jobs flipping hamburgers or military 'service' jobs serving evil government goals.

The corporation have gone to China and the rest of the good paying jobs are done by robots.

But still for some, the working class are poor because they're lazy!

A light is coming on in some skulls, and sad to say that Trump started it quite failing to understand that his personal agenda would motivate working class people to start standing up against corrupt government.

Since Reagan, much of the financial burden has shifted from the rich to the working poor.

The working poor are expected to carry more of the burden for education, healthcare, retirement….

also screwing the middle class, been disappearing...

1648927403332.png

Problem with the Poor Class​

False excuse. If that were 100% accurate, then just like the companies, the workers that lost jobs should have moved too.

People should not have to move to an Asian country to be able to find a job.

That analogy does not work for areas like Harlem, Brooklyn, or Queens New York where there were no large amount of jobs that moved out of the country. Those areas are crime-ridden hell holes because of the people that live there, too many are uneducated and unemployable. They made their bed but don't like lying in it and making excuses for their failures in life will never help.

Yeah well, we can read between the lines.

A lot of their problems are self inflicted. Of course no one born into poverty is at fault but the only one responsible for that are your parents. And would you rather not have been born, in America?

So what should a young person born into poverty do to get out of poverty?

Im talking about places with very little economic opportunity.

1. School

2. Move ASAP

3. Dont have kids till you can afford them

4. Save a percent of every paycheck no matter what

5. network. Most people find jobs from people they know.

6. Military

7. I hear a lot of pizza franchise owners first started working at someone else’s franchise. I know guys who after high school became small business owners and now are millionaires. Wasn’t easy

8. Stop complaining things arent fair for the poor.

I know it’s a lot easier said than done. And I wish government and corporations would make sure these communities had more economic opportunities but they don’t. And for a list of reasons, never will.

What sucks is these high poverty communities once had thriving economies. Now that they don’t what should we tell the kids who feel stuck in poverty?
Brain Drain the Economic Bullies

Don't waste time on sports or schoolwork. Education is for rich kids living off an allowance. It's a sign of how upside-down our world is that so many Preppies became entrepreneurs early on: Bill Gates, Ted Turner, Warren Buffett, et al. The ones who should have because Daddy can't buy them a job are brainwashed that all they can ever be is employees, not employers. But the Horatio Alger attitude is what created our economy from the 19th Century until 1960.

Work from childhood on: mowing lawns, shoveling snow, even baby-sitting. We used to be able to make money from returnable bottles, also from delivering newspapers. I never took advantage of any of that. The goal imposed on my class was to make us dependent: first on our parents, then on our professors, then on our Scrooge employers.

I met someone who makes $50 an hour from computer repair, which he learned from 2 years at a junior college. But never live like that; it will take away your drive—do it in four years, working at a full-time job at the same time.

I don't care if you have the IQ to become a PhD; college is a scam to turn geniuses into Cash Cows for Corporate Cowboys. Bill Gates was a typical "impractical nerd," but he ignored that stereotype and became the most practical businessman ever. Of course, that was only because being born rich made him contemptuous of common opinions.

Go into the military only if you are guaranteed training for a job that is useful in civilian life. That is, if you can't make it as an entrepreneur. As for that, it doesn't matter if you become rich at it, as long as you aren't poor any more and aren't dependent on the plutocratic parasites.

All now without a job. The jobs weren't sent to neighboring states, they were sent overseas.

You are working in a factory making a decent living but you were stupid for having kids because your job was sent overseas?
The Rulers Fear Manhood

If you can't afford to get married at age 18, you will never grow up. There's something seriously and fatally wrong with an economic structure that discourages having children.

I'll throw affordable housing in there as well. These investments are well worth the expense in returns. The problem is that conservatives..can't see it.
They have tried "affordable housing" since the '60's. It doesn't work too well. Most are torn down within 20 years from the lack of upkeep.

Problem with the Poor Class A lot of their problems are self inflicted.​

There is no poor class, moron. The "poor" is not a "class," it is a transitory state of being. The poor are no different than the rich, other than the size of their bank account.

George Floyd's family were poor. Now thanks to thousands of woke idiots rioting over a felon who died resisting arrest while OD's on drugs, they are millionaires.

And as the Great Depression reminds us and we are soon to be reminded again, the rich can become poor at the drop of a hat or a fluctuation in petrol futures.

Yup. lots of GOP dumb and dumber blame the poor, blacks and browns, anyone but the giveaway to the rich lying GOP who have run our national tax rates and policies for 40 years......California is a victim of its own success. And GOP obstruction of immigration reform and everything else but cutting taxes on the rich...
Steaming Piles of Shit

The inferior minorities aren't the proletariat; they are the lumpen proletariat, the ones who deserve to be poor. Both sides are associating born-poor Whites with that useless and destructive excess baggage.

1648929216366.png

So the skilled labor building the house should work for free so someone that flips burgers for a living can live in a brand new four bedroom house?

Perhaps the burger flipper should learn a real skill like knowing how to read measurements, handle tools, and know how to fix it themselves.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Great idea, except a pharmacy degree costs up to $80,000, or $20,000 per year for 4 years. If you have that much to spare, you aren't poor, dumb ass.
Tuition Is Bribery

By only telling half the story, you're endorsing the ruling class's college-slavery scheme if you don't add to that expense the $60-100,000 you lose by not being able to have a full-time job. That's why college is only for teenagers who are afraid to grow up (besides the trust-fundies, who don't belong in America).

Oh, I could offer some sage advice but nobody would listen so why bother?

Fuck it, I did well by me and mine so I'll let the youngins' muddle through life the best they can.

I figure once they all started having their noses buried in their phones it was game-over anyway.

Here they are with the knowledge of the ages at their fingertips but are dumb (in a practical sense) as a post.

R.e35df5269fe0616422019352347c4ec3

Is that why the poor now have a negative income tax rate and the rich pay a much higher percentage of total income taxes collected?

Trickle down never happened…..

What's trickle down?

Forum List

Back