Problem with the Poor Class

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
A lot of their problems are self inflicted. Of course no one born into poverty is at fault but the only one responsible for that are your parents. And would you rather not have been born, in America?

So what should a young person born into poverty do to get out of poverty?

Im talking about places with very little economic opportunity.

1. School

2. Move ASAP

3. Dont have kids till you can afford them

4. Save a percent of every paycheck no matter what

5. network. Most people find jobs from people they know.

6. Military

7. I hear a lot of pizza franchise owners first started working at someone else’s franchise. I know guys who after high school became small business owners and now are millionaires. Wasn’t easy

8. Stop complaining things arent fair for the poor.

I know it’s a lot easier said than done. And I wish government and corporations would make sure these communities had more economic opportunities but they don’t. And for a list of reasons, never will.

What sucks is these high poverty communities once had thriving economies. Now that they don’t what should we tell the kids who feel stuck in poverty?

Yes they had thriving economies...........until the companies there sent their jobs overseas.
So as a parent in one of those places I’d move. I would also make sure I or at least my kids had the ability to a better life.

If I was a blue collar factory worker who lost my job in the city I’d try to find a job somewhere else. Well let’s say I’m stuck here for life. It’s too late for me to do all that. What would I do with my kids if I was dumb enough to have them? I’d say get a job you can do anywhere in America. I always thought a good job is a pharmacist because there are at least one or two in every town in America. You can go anywhere in America if you are a nurse or pharmacist

Yes they had thriving economies...........until the companies there sent their jobs overseas.
My parents were poor and lived in detroit. We moved to the burbs. More opportunities. Lots of detroiters move to where I live and they have shitty jobs and it’s expensive to live out here but there’s more economic opportunities, and the schools are much better.

There is an old saying…

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

But what do you do when there are no more fish in the pond?

Many communities have lost their prime source of revenue. Factories closed, mines have been abandoned, farms have failed

Those who can afford to, move elsewhere.
Those who can’t afford to move face extended poverty

There is an old saying…

Many communities have lost their prime source of revenue. Factories closed, mines have been abandoned, farms have failed

Texas and Florida are getting a lot of lib refugees from blue states like california

Maybe the smug liberals are not as smart as they think they are

A lot of their problems are self inflicted. Of course no one born into poverty is at fault but the only one responsible for that are your parents. And would you rather not have been born, in America?

So what should a young person born into poverty do to get out of poverty?

Im talking about places with very little economic opportunity.

1. School

2. Move ASAP

3. Dont have kids till you can afford them

4. Save a percent of every paycheck no matter what

5. network. Most people find jobs from people they know.

6. Military

7. I hear a lot of pizza franchise owners first started working at someone else’s franchise. I know guys who after high school became small business owners and now are millionaires. Wasn’t easy

8. Stop complaining things arent fair for the poor.

I know it’s a lot easier said than done. And I wish government and corporations would make sure these communities had more economic opportunities but they don’t. And for a list of reasons, never will.

What sucks is these high poverty communities once had thriving economies. Now that they don’t what should we tell the kids who feel stuck in poverty?
Vote Democratic, tax the rich again and invest in America again....Mario Cuomo said Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable. Time for a living wage, cheap college and training, daycare and health care like every other modern country, super dupe of the greedy idiot lying GOP rich, ignoramus.

So as a parent in one of those places I’d move. I would also make sure I or at least my kids had the ability to a better life.

All now without a job. The jobs weren't sent to neighboring states, they were sent overseas.

If I was a blue collar factory worker who lost my job in the city I’d try to find a job somewhere else. Well let’s say I’m stuck here for life. It’s too late for me to do all that. What would I do with my kids if I was dumb enough to have them? I’d say get a job you can do anywhere in America. I always thought a good job is a pharmacist because there are at least one or two in every town in America. You can go anywhere in America if you are a nurse or pharmacist

You are working in a factory making a decent living but you were stupid for having kids because your job was sent overseas?

My parents were poor and lived in detroit. We moved to the burbs. More opportunities. Lots of detroiters move to where I live and they have shitty jobs and it’s expensive to live out here but there’s more economic opportunities, and the schools are much better.

You can live in Detroit and work in the suburbs. Many do the exact opposite.

Texas and Florida are getting a lot of lib refugees from blue states like california

Maybe the smug liberals are not as smart as they think they are
Yup. lots of GOP dumb and dumber blame the poor, blacks and browns, anyone but the giveaway to the rich lying GOP who have run our national tax rates and policies for 40 years......California is a victim of its own success. And GOP obstruction of immigration reform and everything else but cutting taxes on the rich...

Vote Democratic, tax the rich again and invest in America again....Mario Cuomo said Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable. Time for a living wage, cheap college and training, daycare and health care like every other modern country, super dupe of the greedy idiot lying GOP rich, ignoramus.
I agree with you 100% but in the mean time what advice would you give poor people?

How many poor people smoke, drink and smoke pot? Invest that money. This is good advice.

Imagine Youre a poor kids parent. You gonna tell them they’re stuck and theres No way out?

All now without a job. The jobs weren't sent to neighboring states, they were sent overseas.

You are working in a factory making a decent living but you were stupid for having kids because your job was sent overseas?
No but my dad was. He barely made it to a minimum pension thank god.

Yes as a Michigander I dealt with all that manufacturing bush sent overseas. Lucky I had a college degree. And no children or college debt

You can live in Detroit and work in the suburbs. Many do the exact opposite.

But then your kid can’t go to our school.

My community has really cheap apartments. It is these apartment that have won us football state championship. Our coach probably helps the moms find jobs.

Great idea, except a pharmacy degree costs up to $80,000, or $20,000 per year for 4 years. If you have that much to spare, you aren't poor, dumb ass.

There is an old saying…

What advice would you give someone who’s stuck? Chances are there too old or they have families?

My grandparents came here pretty poor from Greece . It was all about the kids. If they could afford to come I’m sure people who really want to can leave a high poverty place in America. And f they can’t they need to help the next generation get out.

Great idea, except a pharmacy degree costs up to $80,000, or $20,000 per year for 4 years. If you have that much to spare, you aren't poor, dumb ass.
Go to the military first then. That will help.

I also hear the job doesn’t pay what it used to. It’s no longer that great of a job.

There is an old saying…

What if he doesn’t like fish?

Yup. lots of GOP dumb and dumber blame the poor, blacks and browns, anyone but the giveaway to the rich lying GOP who have run our national tax rates and policies for 40 years......California is a victim of its own success. And GOP obstruction of immigration reform and everything else but cutting taxes on the rich...
I’m certainly smart enough to see all the tax breaks and legislation since Reagan, then see how poorly the poor and middle class are doing, then see how well the rich are doing, to know we got screwed.

Good point. After seeing all this, what advice are you giving your kids?

False excuse. If that were 100% accurate, then just like the companies, the workers that lost jobs should have moved too. That analogy does not work for areas like Harlem, Brooklyn, or Queens New York where there were no large amount of jobs that moved out of the country. Those areas are crime-ridden hell holes because of the people that live there, too many are uneducated and unemployable. They made their bed but don't like lying in it and making excuses for their failures in life will never help.

Forum List

Back