President Trump signs executive orders to lower drug prices.

Canada will make a fortune off of us sickos. Cheer up.
Typical American. Only concerned with how much money we can make without looking at the downside, because for Americans, as long as it's profitable, there is no down side.

With 10 times our population, Americans will buy up all of our stocks of insulin, and EPI pens, and other drugs that Americans overpay for, leaving Canada with nothing for our own people.
No I'm not a 'typical American' in almost any sense, and all I said was look on the bright side.
Canada doesn't import massive amounts of drugs to sell to people from outside Canada. Drug companies allocate enough stocks for our own people, but not enough that we can export drugs to other countries they deal with. We get enough for our own people, not enough to supply you.
Marketing adjustments. Look it up.
I would like to point out to you that insulin was invented by two Canadian doctors - Banting and Best, who TOOK NO ROYALTIES FROM THEIR PATENTS and donated their formula to the world so that all diabetics could have access to it. The American companies that retail insulin at ridiculous prices had no developmental costs, no royalties to pay, and are just gouging you because they know they can.
The drug companies are the ones Trump is taking on.
View attachment 367280
Yeah Angelo Trump has balls ?/ And what of the sick SOB's bone spurs His balls get in the way ?

Isn't this kind of Government by EO exactly the kind of shit you said was un-Constitutional with Obama?
It's the kind of government in which the EO's serve the needs of the people not the needs of the politicians as Obama's did.

An Executive Order that accomplishes nothing and isn't enforceable doesn't serve the "needs of the people" in any way. It is entirely to serve Trump's need for re-election and nothing more.
lol Of course it's enforceable. Americans will buy their drugs from Canadian pharmacies and the government will not attempt to interdict these sales as they have in the past. I understand that you are upset because you want drug prices to be an issue for the Democrats and now it's not.

I'm upset because I'm a CANADIAN who is worried about my family and friends being unable to get the insulin and the EPI pens they need. I need an EPI pen. Two of my best friends and my sister are diabetic. My sister has already had problems getting hydroxychloroquine, because Trump bought up all of the world's supply of the drug and is now just sitting on it.

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOUR DUMB PARTISANSHIP.

This will benefit NO ONE because it's meaningless and unenforceable. This is Trump pretending to do something while actually doing nothing - like usual.
I've seen some clearly unintended positive effects due to Trump. There would likely be no BLM movement with Hillary for example. Both the Democrats and Republicans have tended to do nothing or worse when they've had the WH. The people are kept too busy to pay real attention and lulled to sleep by the TV news. I'm delighted to see them finally getting off their asses and out in the streets where I used to spend a lot of time spinning my wheels with much smaller crowds. It is what it is. We just gotta keep pluggin' away with what we've got left is all. No other option available :adoreheart:

Isn't this kind of Government by EO exactly the kind of shit you said was un-Constitutional with Obama?
It's the kind of government in which the EO's serve the needs of the people not the needs of the politicians as Obama's did.

An Executive Order that accomplishes nothing and isn't enforceable doesn't serve the "needs of the people" in any way. It is entirely to serve Trump's need for re-election and nothing more.
lol Of course it's enforceable. Americans will buy their drugs from Canadian pharmacies and the government will not attempt to interdict these sales as they have in the past. I understand that you are upset because you want drug prices to be an issue for the Democrats and now it's not.

I'm upset because I'm a CANADIAN who is worried about my family and friends being unable to get the insulin and the EPI pens they need. I need an EPI pen. Two of my best friends and my sister are diabetic. My sister has already had problems getting hydroxychloroquine, because Trump bought up all of the world's supply of the drug and is now just sitting on it.

Again, everytime I think you have posted the stupidest post possible you post again and prove me wrong. As the Canadian pharmacies see their sales increasing because of US purchases they will increase their orders for more drugs from the drug companies. It must be hard for you to go through life with no integrity and no brains.

Canada will make a fortune off of us sickos. Cheer up.
Typical American. Only concerned with how much money we can make without looking at the downside, because for Americans, as long as it's profitable, there is no down side.

With 10 times our population, Americans will buy up all of our stocks of insulin, and EPI pens, and other drugs that Americans overpay for, leaving Canada with nothing for our own people.
No I'm not a 'typical American' in almost any sense, and all I said was look on the bright side.
Canada doesn't import massive amounts of drugs to sell to people from outside Canada. Drug companies allocate enough stocks for our own people, but not enough that we can export drugs to other countries they deal with. We get enough for our own people, not enough to supply you.
Marketing adjustments. Look it up.
I would like to point out to you that insulin was invented by two Canadian doctors - Banting and Best, who TOOK NO ROYALTIES FROM THEIR PATENTS and donated their formula to the world so that all diabetics could have access to it. The American companies that retail insulin at ridiculous prices had no developmental costs, no royalties to pay, and are just gouging you because they know they can.
The drug companies are the ones Trump is taking on.
View attachment 367280

I wasn't aware that Nancy Pelosi had returned Trump balls to him. I thought she was still wearing them around her neck.

nancy.jpg

Yeah Angelo Trump has balls ?/ And what of the sick SOB's bone spurs His balls get in the way ?
I would have dodged the illegal war against Vietnam too, but it was over when I was 14.
It was a good one to dodge and I was doing my service before the shit hit the fan , but that takes nothing away from trump being a chicken shit SOB who saw 1000's die while he stayed home screwing people

Again, everytime I think you have posted the stupidest post possible you post again and prove me wrong. As the Canadian pharmacies see their sales increasing because of US purchases they will increase their orders for more drugs from the drug companies. It must be hard for you to go through life with no integrity and no brains.

Au contraire, my fine young fool, it is YOU who is as clueless as the day is long.

Canada is only allowed to buy enough drugs to service the Canadian market, precisely BECAUSE, American drug companies don't want Canadian pharmacies to sell to the USA. The DRUG COMPANIES WANT TO KEEP GOUGING YOU. That's WHY the drug companies sell to us more cheaply. We made a deal not to sell our drugs to YOU.

Our government will be forced to intervene and stop Canadians from selling our drugs to Americans.

You really don't understand how the drug companies work, do you, or what will happen with this EO?

Good news if it works

I‘m just afraid Big Pharma will just tell him to go fuk himself.
maybe its time for the American people to tell big pharma to go fuck themselves....
Yeah ,who needs them to discover new cures for viruses etc etc
And we here in the US get to finance it buy paying more for it than any other country. WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!
Yeah, noticed that too. Plus attempting to shift costs worldwide makes us even more hated everywhere else.
lol So if Trump doesn't take action to lower drug prices he's wrong and if he does, he's wrong.
No lowering prices is a good thing My question is ,where was he 3 years ago ?? No election??
Maybe he was in the same place Obama was for eight years. I understand your frustration, this was supposed to be the Democrats issue in the campaign and now President Trump has gone and stolen it from you and you are crying unfair.

It was there is a bill lying on McConnell's desk they sent to him several months ago. It included overturning parts of the law created in 2003 to negotiate drug prices for Medicare which can't be done without another law, not an E & O.

Federal law currently prohibits the Secretary of Health and Human Services from negotiating prescription drug prices. Only Congress has the power to change this law. Allowing the Secretary only to negotiate prices - without providing another tool to reduce prices - would not save a meaningful amount.

The Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 (MMA), the law that established the Part D benefit, includes a provision, known as the “noninterference” clause, which stipulates that the HHS Secretary “may not interfere with the negotiations between drug manufacturers and pharmacies and PDP sponsors, and may not require a ...
While the HHS Secretary cannot currently negotiate drug prices for Medicare, he does negotiate drug prices for Medicaid and the VA. However, since Medicare recipients can now buy their drugs at Canadian prices, I'm not sure why Medicare would want to open separate negotiations with drug companies.

Many Medicare recipients have been buying their drugs from Canada for years. Last year when your boy signed the E & O the first time Canada all of a sudden didn't want to supply all American's. VA has been buying drugs from Canada for years.

Au contraire, my fine young fool, it is YOU who is as clueless as the day is long.

Canada is only allowed to buy enough drugs to service the Canadian market, precisely BECAUSE, American drug companies don't want Canadian pharmacies to sell to the USA. The DRUG COMPANIES WANT TO KEEP GOUGING YOU. That's WHY the drug companies sell to us more cheaply. We made a deal not to sell our drugs to YOU.

Our government will be forced to intervene and stop Canadians from selling our drugs to Americans.

You really don't understand how the drug companies work, do you, or what will happen with this EO?
Bullshit. Canadian pharmacies are constantly advertising for Americans to buy drugs from them. There is no deal except in your troubled imagination.

Good news if it works

I‘m just afraid Big Pharma will just tell him to go fuk himself.
maybe its time for the American people to tell big pharma to go fuck themselves....
Yeah ,who needs them to discover new cures for viruses etc etc
And we here in the US get to finance it buy paying more for it than any other country. WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!
Yeah, noticed that too. Plus attempting to shift costs worldwide makes us even more hated everywhere else.
lol So if Trump doesn't take action to lower drug prices he's wrong and if he does, he's wrong.
No lowering prices is a good thing My question is ,where was he 3 years ago ?? No election??
Maybe he was in the same place Obama was for eight years. I understand your frustration, this was supposed to be the Democrats issue in the campaign and now President Trump has gone and stolen it from you and you are crying unfair.

It was there is a bill lying on McConnell's desk they sent to him several months ago. It included overturning parts of the law created in 2003 to negotiate drug prices for Medicare which can't be done without another law, not an E & O.

Federal law currently prohibits the Secretary of Health and Human Services from negotiating prescription drug prices. Only Congress has the power to change this law. Allowing the Secretary only to negotiate prices - without providing another tool to reduce prices - would not save a meaningful amount.

The Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 (MMA), the law that established the Part D benefit, includes a provision, known as the “noninterference” clause, which stipulates that the HHS Secretary “may not interfere with the negotiations between drug manufacturers and pharmacies and PDP sponsors, and may not require a ...
While the HHS Secretary cannot currently negotiate drug prices for Medicare, he does negotiate drug prices for Medicaid and the VA. However, since Medicare recipients can now buy their drugs at Canadian prices, I'm not sure why Medicare would want to open separate negotiations with drug companies.

Many Medicare recipients have been buying their drugs from Canada for years. Last year when your boy signed the E & O the first time Canada all of a sudden didn't want to supply all American's. VA has been buying drugs from Canada for years.
Yes, and now everyone can. Isn't that wonderful?

At the moment I'm just trolling, but I noticed how some of these Pro-Trumpians are
Pro-Trump for ANYTHING the guy does, even if it's anti-capitalist, or anti-Republican or Anti-American or Anti-Constitutional.

And they have no defense of the guy. Just denial and name calling.

Scary to see how brainwashed they really are.

It's a heck of a thing.

This is big and welcome news.
He signed 3 out of 4 EO's, one that will significantly reduce the cost of insulin for diabetics (I'm not one).
The 4th order that he did not sign, would put the price of drugs for U.S. consumers at the same price that Pharma charges another country 'the least for'. He has given U.S. Pharma 30 days to meet with him on this, or the 4th EO gets signed!
I expect our drug prices to significantly get reduced while other countries will have to, in all fairness, pay more for.
Our President is actually doing what George W. and Obama promised, but never did!

American propaganda media never gave this the attention it deserved when Trump announced it yesterday.

And yes. It is a big deal!!!
I just dont get it.

I have been saying to many cons that americans are getting screwed from the big pharma and health inssurance companies , and that the government should regulate both....but I was told nope, we are a capitalist economy let the market dictates the prices. And now trump is going against free market principal and you cons are applauding him ? WTF IS GOING ON?

He signed 3 out of 4 EO's, one that will significantly reduce the cost of insulin for diabetics (I'm not one).
The 4th order that he did not sign, would put the price of drugs for U.S. consumers at the same price that Pharma charges another country 'the least for'. He has given U.S. Pharma 30 days to meet with him on this, or the 4th EO gets signed!
I expect our drug prices to significantly get reduced while other countries will have to, in all fairness, pay more for.
Our President is actually doing what George W. and Obama promised, but never did!

American propaganda media never gave this the attention it deserved when Trump announced it yesterday.

I just dont get it.

I have been saying to many cons that americans are getting screwed from the big pharma and health inssurance companies , and that the government should regulate both....but I was told nope, we are a capitalist economy let the market dictates the prices. And now trump is going against free market principal and you cons are applauding him ? WTF IS GOING ON?
Now he isn't. He is simply increasing competition for customers by allowing Americans to buy from Canadian pharmacies.

I just dont get it.

Now he isn't. He is simply increasing competition for customers by allowing Americans to buy from Canadian pharmacies.
So is not America first after all? So aiding another countries Pharma ? I thought he supposed to focus on the US and american made industries. What happened ?

Including making it legal to buy cheaper drugs from Canada and elsewhere . ( not China anymore)

President Trump delivers remarks and signs executive orders on lowering drug prices.

The Laisez Faire is dead and Trump knows this. The market couldn't be trusted in setting the prices.

I just dont get it.

So is not America first after all? So aiding another countries Pharma ? I thought he supposed to focus on the US and american made industries. What happened ?
Obviously he is aiding he American people which is what the Democrats used to do before they abandoned them to pursue race based politics that aims to divide the American people along racial lines.

I just dont get it.

Crony capitalists do not equate to free markets.

Forum List

Back