President Trump signs executive orders to lower drug prices.

Harry most politicians don't have the shit show to make up for like Trump has He's so far down in the polls he'll do or say anything now Notice his law and order bs with his troops into the states

Harry most politicians don't have the shit show to make up for like Trump has He's so far down in the polls he'll do or say anything now Notice his law and order bs with his troops into the states
And keep your eyes upon at election time This pos will do anything Mark my words

Good news if it works

I‘m just afraid Big Pharma will just tell him to go fuk himself.
maybe its time for the American people to tell big pharma to go fuck themselves....
Yeah ,who needs them to discover new cures for viruses etc etc
And we here in the US get to finance it buy paying more for it than any other country. WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!
Yeah, noticed that too. Plus attempting to shift costs worldwide makes us even more hated everywhere else.
lol So if Trump doesn't take action to lower drug prices he's wrong and if he does, he's wrong.
No lowering prices is a good thing My question is ,where was he 3 years ago ?? No election??
Maybe he was in the same place Obama was for eight years. I understand your frustration, this was supposed to be the Democrats issue in the campaign and now President Trump has gone and stolen it from you and you are crying unfair.

It was there is a bill lying on McConnell's desk they sent to him several months ago. It included overturning parts of the law created in 2003 to negotiate drug prices for Medicare which can't be done without another law, not an E & O.

Federal law currently prohibits the Secretary of Health and Human Services from negotiating prescription drug prices. Only Congress has the power to change this law. Allowing the Secretary only to negotiate prices - without providing another tool to reduce prices - would not save a meaningful amount.

The Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 (MMA), the law that established the Part D benefit, includes a provision, known as the “noninterference” clause, which stipulates that the HHS Secretary “may not interfere with the negotiations between drug manufacturers and pharmacies and PDP sponsors, and may not require a ...
While the HHS Secretary cannot currently negotiate drug prices for Medicare, he does negotiate drug prices for Medicaid and the VA. However, since Medicare recipients can now buy their drugs at Canadian prices, I'm not sure why Medicare would want to open separate negotiations with drug companies.

This is big and welcome news.
He signed 3 out of 4 EO's, one that will significantly reduce the cost of insulin for diabetics (I'm not one).
The 4th order that he did not sign, would put the price of drugs for U.S. consumers at the same price that Pharma charges another country 'the least for'. He has given U.S. Pharma 30 days to meet with him on this, or the 4th EO gets signed!
I expect our drug prices to significantly get reduced while other countries will have to, in all fairness, pay more for.
Our President is actually doing what George W. and Obama promised, but never did!

American propaganda media never gave this the attention it deserved when Trump announced it yesterday.

And yes. It is a big deal!!!

His drug EO's are of no value whatsoever. He has no legal authority to do ANY of it. But here you are cheering this dog and pony show, like Trump has actually done something.

The drug companies will tell him to go fuck himself, and Canada will bar the shipments, because Americans will take all of the drugs from Canada and we'll be left with none for our own people, but you'll still be here talking about this great thing he's done.

The Trump cult has to be the most gullible people on the face of the earth.
You're probably right, but I think some good will come from the effort. Even just witnessing a leader pretend to fight back is very psychologically helpful right now. People are really depressed. My best friend just keeps saying we're doomed and is spiraling down into something I barely recognize.

Don't you think that doing something like this does more harm than good? What happens when your friend finds out the truth? Many Americans are in crisis because they don't know who or what to believe. Finding out they've been lied to consistently by their leaders is making things worse, not better.

One of the reasons why other nations are doing better than the USA right now is that our leaders didn't lie to us about what was going on. They kept us informed, with good information that we could trust, and they didn't blow sunshine up our asses. The Conservatives and the Liberal stopped all of the politicking, and all of the infighting and tackled the virus as one.
He signed 3 out of 4 EO's, one that will significantly reduce the cost of insulin for diabetics (I'm not one).
The 4th order that he did not sign, would put the price of drugs for U.S. consumers at the same price that Pharma charges another country 'the least for'. He has given U.S. Pharma 30 days to meet with him on this, or the 4th EO gets signed!
I expect our drug prices to significantly get reduced while other countries will have to, in all fairness, pay more for.
Our President is actually doing what George W. and Obama promised, but never did!

American propaganda media never gave this the attention it deserved when Trump announced it yesterday.

3 years too late Guess there's an election coming Word to the wise Trump NEVER does anything unless it benefits himself

Sorry.
This will benefit all Americans.
I know this concept is foreign to you.

This will benefit NO ONE because it's meaningless and unenforceable. This is Trump pretending to do something while actually doing nothing - like usual.

Good news if it works

maybe its time for the American people to tell big pharma to go fuck themselves....
And we here in the US get to finance it buy paying more for it than any other country. WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!
Not anymore. Thanks to President Trump, we will be paying Canadian prices. Good for Americans and bad for Democrats.
When that happens let us know.
It just happened. The EO is effective immediately.
Show us the prices, before and after vs. Canada and Mexico.

His drug EO's are of no value whatsoever. He has no legal authority to do ANY of it. But here you are cheering this dog and pony show, like Trump has actually done something.

The drug companies will tell him to go fuck himself, and Canada will bar the shipments, because Americans will take all of the drugs from Canada and we'll be left with none for our own people, but you'll still be here talking about this great thing he's done.

You're probably right, but I think some good will come from the effort. Even just witnessing a leader pretend to fight back is very psychologically helpful right now. People are really depressed. My best friend just keeps saying we're doomed and is spiraling down into something I barely recognize.

Don't you think that doing something like this does more harm than good? What happens when your friend finds out the truth? Many Americans are in crisis because they don't know who or what to believe. Finding out they've been lied to consistently by their leaders is making things worse, not better.

One of the reasons why other nations are doing better than the USA right now is that our leaders didn't lie to us about what was going on. They kept us informed, with good information that we could trust, and they didn't blow sunshine up our asses. The Conservatives and the Liberal stopped all of the politicking, and all of the infighting and tackled the virus as one.

3 years too late Guess there's an election coming Word to the wise Trump NEVER does anything unless it benefits himself

Sorry.
This will benefit all Americans.
I know this concept is foreign to you.

This will benefit NO ONE because it's meaningless and unenforceable. This is Trump pretending to do something while actually doing nothing - like usual.
I got nothin' :dunno:

You're preaching to the choir, lol. The choir was just resting.. Pining for the fjords...

Good news if it works

Not anymore. Thanks to President Trump, we will be paying Canadian prices. Good for Americans and bad for Democrats.
When that happens let us know.
It just happened. The EO is effective immediately.
Show us the prices, before and after vs. Canada and Mexico.
They are exactly the same as Canadians pay because the drugs are being purchased from Canadian pharmacies.

That was a great move by President Trump!

482327612-republican-presidential-candidate-donald-trump-gives.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Canada will make a fortune off of us sickos. Cheer up.

Typical American. Only concerned with how much money we can make without looking at the downside, because for Americans, as long as it's profitable, there is no down side.

With 10 times our population, Americans will buy up all of our stocks of insulin, and EPI pens, and other drugs that Americans overpay for, leaving Canada with nothing for our own people.

Canada doesn't import massive amounts of drugs to sell to people from outside Canada. Drug companies allocate enough stocks for our own people, but not enough that we can export drugs to other countries they deal with. We get enough for our own people, not enough to supply you.

I would like to point out to you that insulin was invented by two Canadian doctors - Banting and Best, who TOOK NO ROYALTIES FROM THEIR PATENTS and donated their formula to the world so that all diabetics could have access to it. The American companies that retail insulin at ridiculous prices had no developmental costs, no royalties to pay, and are just gouging you because they know they can.

Isn't this kind of Government by EO exactly the kind of shit you said was un-Constitutional with Obama?
It's the kind of government in which the EO's serve the needs of the people not the needs of the politicians as Obama's did.

An Executive Order that accomplishes nothing and isn't enforceable doesn't serve the "needs of the people" in any way. It is entirely to serve Trump's need for re-election and nothing more.

Isn't this kind of Government by EO exactly the kind of shit you said was un-Constitutional with Obama?
It's the kind of government in which the EO's serve the needs of the people not the needs of the politicians as Obama's did.

An Executive Order that accomplishes nothing and isn't enforceable doesn't serve the "needs of the people" in any way. It is entirely to serve Trump's need for re-election and nothing more.
lol Of course it's enforceable. Americans will buy their drugs from Canadian pharmacies and the government will not attempt to interdict these sales as they have in the past. I understand that you are upset because you want drug prices to be an issue for the Democrats and now it's not.

lol Of course it's enforceable. Americans will buy their drugs from Canadian pharmacies and the government will not attempt to interdict these sales as they have in the past. I understand that you are upset because you want drug prices to be an issue for the Democrats and now it's not.
Gee I wish there were other issues to attack the scum with.........Wonder how his pal putin feeling today?

Canada will make a fortune off of us sickos. Cheer up.
Typical American. Only concerned with how much money we can make without looking at the downside, because for Americans, as long as it's profitable, there is no down side.

With 10 times our population, Americans will buy up all of our stocks of insulin, and EPI pens, and other drugs that Americans overpay for, leaving Canada with nothing for our own people.
No I'm not a 'typical American' in almost any sense, and all I said was look on the bright side.
Canada doesn't import massive amounts of drugs to sell to people from outside Canada. Drug companies allocate enough stocks for our own people, but not enough that we can export drugs to other countries they deal with. We get enough for our own people, not enough to supply you.
Marketing adjustments. Look it up.
I would like to point out to you that insulin was invented by two Canadian doctors - Banting and Best, who TOOK NO ROYALTIES FROM THEIR PATENTS and donated their formula to the world so that all diabetics could have access to it. The American companies that retail insulin at ridiculous prices had no developmental costs, no royalties to pay, and are just gouging you because they know they can.
The drug companies are the ones Trump is taking on.
1595726251565.png

Forum List

Back