Possibilities!

Until God Himself picks a religion, ALL are equally possible.

• TRUE

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • FALSE

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
:lol: You are as militant as an evangelical. Your non-belief without solid evidence is a faith similar to JimBowie who has no objective evidence.

If your belief calms you night terrors, Hollie, then that's for you.
Gee whiz. Aren't you the angry zealot. I'm sure the voices you think you hear are from the culturally appropriate gawds that are customary in the West. The voices in your head could just as likely be one or more of the Hindu gawds. Can you prove they're not?

What are you, some kinda' racist?

My non-belief comes with solid evidence. Can you disprove it?
Don't have to because you can't make an acceptable case based on objective evidence and creative thinking. Neither can I. We believe, Hollie. And that is faith.
So, you can't disprove it. Didn't think so.

You believe for reasons that are totally arbitrary and capricious. I'm happy for you.

So, what makes you think the voices in your head are not the Hindu gawds as opposed to your culturally appropriate gawds?

And you can't disprove it, so thanks for that. I can't qualify your belief and you can't mine.

You are a faith believer, as are all atheists.

:lol: You are as militant as an evangelical. Your non-belief without solid evidence is a faith similar to JimBowie who has no objective evidence.

If your belief calms you night terrors, Hollie, then that's for you.
Gee whiz. Aren't you the angry zealot. I'm sure the voices you think you hear are from the culturally appropriate gawds that are customary in the West. The voices in your head could just as likely be one or more of the Hindu gawds. Can you prove they're not?

What are you, some kinda' racist?

My non-belief comes with solid evidence. Can you disprove it?
Don't have to because you can't make an acceptable case based on objective evidence and creative thinking. Neither can I. We believe, Hollie. And that is faith.
So, you can't disprove it. Didn't think so.

You believe for reasons that are totally arbitrary and capricious. I'm happy for you.

So, what makes you think the voices in your head are not the Hindu gawds as opposed to your culturally appropriate gawds?

And you can't disprove it, so thanks for that. I can't qualify your belief and you can't mine.

You are a faith believer, as are all atheists.
So, it's true. The voices you hear speak with an accent. See, you're reaping the benefits of an education. It's the true gawds, the Hindu gawds who are the voices in your head.

And yes, I can disprove it. Disprove my disproof.

"And yes, I can disprove it. Disprove my disproof."

Your silly affirmation, so your proof, which you can't do.

You know it, I know it.

You know it, I know it.
You can't disprove my disproof. Didn't think so.

Consider this a free lesson you can use the next time you attempt your pointless " prove it isn't" nonsense.

Your gawd Shiva is transmitting a message. Can you hear the voices?

From my perspective...

When humans today are making actual contact with the gods, through prayer or otherwise, they are speaking to us in languages that we ourselves will never be able to wield, yet our Mind is somehow able to translate much of what they say into our own language, so it will sound like they are speaking in our language.

That is why their vocabulary and language often reflects that which we ourselves personally possess.

But, because of our ignorance, our translations are never completely accurate. And sometimes, humans choose to hear what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear... and rather than what actually is.

Just something for monotheistic/ polytheistic/ henotheistic/ monolotristic people to consider...

Last edited:

You know it, I know it.

Consider this a free lesson you can use the next time you attempt your pointless " prove it isn't" nonsense.

I said no such thing, and if you suggest I did, you have a problem with integrity.

I said I can't prove God exists, not that you can disprove his existence. You can't. The lesson is yours, Hollie, because your attempt to disprove God's existence is doomed to failure as it always has been and will be.

You sound just like an evangelical, "I know it is true." No, you don't, and you can't prove it.

We will follow this question to our graves...because we will never know.

And yet the Lord invites us to ask and receive, seek and find. He tells us if we lack wisdom we can ask Him. And that if we will do His will we will know the truth. He will prove Himself.

And countless people do know because they have done this.

how do you know what God thinks until you ask Him?
How do you know the voices in your head are from the gawds?

First, there is only one God the Father.

Second, you find out for yourself by experimenting on the word and receiving revelation for yourself. Which is the point.

I have "received revelations" and am aware that there are many gods, only that YHWH is supreme. Isn't Satan a god? Couldn't an archangel like Michael be considered godlike compared to humans?

The Christian pantheon consists of many extraordinary beings that could be considered "gods". They just prefer to call them "angels" (implying they are of a celestial realm and Nature) and "demons" (implying they are of an infernal realm and Nature).

Last edited:
Possibilities! :beer:

Until God Himself picks a religion - ALL are equally possible.

TRUE

FALSE

Stop Insulting God

'Equally possible' is perhaps not the best adverb so makes the question difficult to answer well. Plus it's pretty geocentric - what if God not being from Earth (as evidenced by its creating it) isn't to be found in any of our religions but exists anyway? Also, not all religions are so noble that the less noble ones might be right.

My fave version of this question is: What if all of our religions are wrong, but a god similar to the one in our faiths still exists nonetheless?

Typically, one is told that God is beyond our understanding...

Subsequently, one is told that said god is confinable to an ancient text that is readily understood by anyone of a reasonable IQ

Subsequently, one is told that said god is confinable to an ancient text that is readily understood by anyone of a reasonable IQ

If God were beyond our understanding, or ability to understand we shouldn't have religions about it/them. :) To have Judaism and over 600 do's and don'ts from a god I'd say you understand it pretty well indeed.

If God were beyond our understanding, or ability to understand we shouldn't have religions about it/them. :) To have Judaism and over 600 do's and don'ts from a god I'd say you understand it pretty well indeed.

fortunately, most of those do's and don't's could be replaced with yada yada's :)

You know it, I know it.

I said no such thing, and if you suggest I did, you have a problem with integrity.

I said I can't prove God exists, not that you can disprove his existence. You can't. The lesson is yours, Hollie, because your attempt to disprove God's existence is doomed to failure as it always has been and will be.

You sound just like an evangelical, "I know it is true." No, you don't, and you can't prove it.
Odd that a religious zealot would hope to fall back on the "integrity" weasel.

And still you cannot disprove my disproof of your various gawds. As I noted earlier, you need to get on board with the true gawds: the Hindu gawds and not be intellectually lazy and simply accept the gawds of convenience you were given.

What leads you believe any do's or don'ts came directly from one or more gawds?

You know it, I know it.

Odd that a religious zealot would hope to fall back on the "integrity" weasel.

And still you cannot disprove my disproof of your various gawds. As I noted earlier, you need to get on board with the true gawds: the Hindu gawds and not be intellectually lazy and simply accept the gawds of convenience you were given.

When you weasel on integrity, you are a weasel, Hollie. Condemn yourself for your lack of character, not me.

You can't prove your faith that God does not exist. Thus, you have a faith belief in such, the weakness of all atheistic thinking.

Yes, you are intellectually lazy as you talk to your self in the mirror.

Forum List

Back