"poor safety net" $800 billion FREE cellphones,internet,food,shelter, free money!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The "Poor Safety Net" consists of $800 billion a year in FREE STUFF!

Almost 21 million American families received more than $36 billion in refunds through the EITC in 2004.
An estimated 2.4 million California residents claimed $4.95 billion in EITC refunds in 2009. California Association of Food Banks

Those of us that PAY for our cell phones are TAXED for:
In 2008, the fund that foots the bill for this program contributed $819 million to subsidize low-income telephone services. The fund is projected to grow to over $1 billion this year.
That’s $1 billion of over $800 billion the United States will spend on welfare in 2010.

Welfare recipients now eligible to receive cell phones
a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY is about $100/month)
if the poor person receives just one of the below:
Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program
b) 40 million Americans on food stamps get $200/month in free food.
c) about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large
portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...

So these people get
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash,
=== $12,000 free housing ,
=== $ 2,400 free food,
=== $ 1,200 in free cell phone plus
=== $ 5,000 a year in free health care from Medicaid.
So this is about $26,000 a year in FREE MONEY, free goods and free services...

This is the $800 billion a year poor safety Net" !

Last edited:
"POOR SAFETY NET!!! 10 years $10,300,000,000,000!

Slowing the growth of the welfare state. Unending government deficits are pushing the United States toward bankruptcy. The U.S. simply cannot afford the massive increases in welfare spending planned by President Barack Obama. Welfare spending is projected to cost taxpayers $10.3 trillion over the next 10 years.[1] Congress needs to establish reasonable fiscal constraints within the welfare system. Once the current recession ends, aggregate welfare spending should be rolled back to pre-recession levels. After this rollback has been completed, the growth of welfare spending should be capped at the rate of inflation.
Growth of Welfare Entitlements: Principles of Reform and the Next Steps

IT PAYS TO BE POOR!!!

So, Romney's correct in not "worrying".

YEA because as idiots like you are prone to do you didn't listen because YOU didn't want to you hear the remaining part of what he said..
"Mitt Romney's comment, "I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I will fix it","

I heard it.. you evidently didn't BUT he said "IF IT NEEDS REPAIR I will fix it!"

SEEMS damn clear to me that the POOR safety net as I commented earlier REALLY
doesn't NEED ANY FIXING frankly!

I mean come on when will you idiotic phony compassionate supposedly people GROW up!

YOU don't keep a calf on a mother's tit for ever!
THEY ARE WEANED to take care of themselves yet you nanny state idiots
YOU think YOU have ALL the answers for EVERYONE and you can't even take care of your self!

So, Romney's correct in not "worrying".

See you can't have it both ways oK???

You took ONLY part of Romney's statement and made it the tag line.. well how about these out of context statements???

I am sure you and your fellow CHEERLEADERS realize from your taking out of context Romney's statement how the terrorists would take these statements out of context???

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets --action of Americans
in the treatment of their prisoners.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "War is lost",
U.S. Rep. Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
Senator Kerry(D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the
dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Senator Obama(D) .."troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

I mean talk about the "poor safety net".. GEEZ the above cheerleading that YOU and the above did CAUSED US TROOPS to DIE!

You are a total idiot if YOU don't think the terrorists used those words to justify sending little kids with bombs that the thugs used to blow up troops handing out candy?
Real Americans died because YOU and the above CHEERLEADERS were encouraging the terrorists with YOUR ENcOURAGING words.."troops killing civilians" HOw totally reprehensible, irresponsible, disgusting to hear/read LEADERS of America CHEERLEADING THE TERRORISTS!

AND you are concerned about "poor safety net"!

HAVE SOME PERSPECTIVE!!!
3,000+ American and 87,000 Iraq lives LOST because of you TERRORIST CHEERLEADERS!

The real issue, to me, is - other than providing the 'safety net', we haven't achieved anything substantial for these people. Romney's plan - focusing on the middle - should provide a way out of poverty for those who are prepared to work.

It is very hard not to attack healthmyth and rationally attack his ideas. So I will try to ignore his callous disregard for the poor and and the many threads in which he trolls and suggest a way for the government(s) - Federal, state and local - to generate substantial revenue to help the poor. Make religious organizations pay taxes.

I'll pick on the Catholic Church as an example. The Catholic Church owns real estate throughout the City of San Francisco all of which is tax free. Why?

Every day the basket is passed, sometimes twice on Sundays, and the faithful put in their dimes and dollars which they too use to lessen their own income taxes. Why?

If the Archdiocese of San Francisco provides for the poor, why are there so many poor still in need of public assistance? Why is their health care all on the public dime? Why do so many sleep on the streets when the pews of the 90 Churches within the City are open and warm during winter nights?

BTW, I was raised and confirmed Catholic.

Oh, these Republicans. Believing poor people are so well off.

What else are they wrong about?

The real issue, to me, is - other than providing the 'safety net', we haven't achieved anything substantial for these people. Romney's plan - focusing on the middle - should provide a way out of poverty for those who are prepared to work.

How? Will it trickle down to them?

You didnt recognize the word work.

That should help!!

Explain in detail what was meant CG and how it will employ all those Americans currently out of work?

Many are well prepared, some have advanced degrees, some have years of experience, some have a well established work ethic, some have all three. Yet many are still unemployed all the while the Boehner lead House spends their work hours damning Obama and naming a Court House after the Bushes; the Governors in Wisconsin, Indiana and Ohio hope to take away the salary and benefits of middle income earners and take away the rights of workers to join together and collectively bargain. Under attack are the teachers. Teachers who when given the proper tools can prepare their students for a lifetime of work.

Very little trickles down from the very rich, unless of course investing in foreign banks is considered a trickling down event. And to whom do foreign banks loan? Do they loan to Americans seeking to open a new business or expand and existing one; Americans seeking a loan to repair the roof of their home, or pay for a child's orthodontics, repair a worn out car, support an elderly parent or buy their first home? Not likely.

How many cars or stoves or washing machines do the very rich purchase? How many would the millions of unemployed purchase if they are able to earn a better than living wage? How much would those needing assistance today be able to invest in America tomorrow if given a lift up out of poverty?

Myopia seems to be the second best way to describe callous conservatives.

The ignorance of public assistance exhibited by many on the right is comprehensive and remarkable.

And even that assumes that they are sincerely ignorant.

Most of the TROLLS on the right here, aren't quite that ignorant.

What they are is basically tools advancing the BIG LIE that their party tells them to advance.

They know they're lying.

We know they're lying and they know that we know they know they're lying too.

They don't care because let's face it, people who knowing advance a lie are incapable of shame.

Impasse

The ignorance of public assistance exhibited by many on the right is comprehensive and remarkable.

And even that assumes that they are sincerely ignorant.

Most of the TROLLS on the right here, aren't quite that ignorant.

What they are is basically tools advancing the BIG LIE that their party tells them to advance.

They know they're lying.

We know they're lying and they know that we know they know they're lying too.

They don't care because let's face it, people who knowing advance a lie are incapable of shame.

Impasse

There are of course the willfully ignorant as you describe, but some are truly ignorant due to congenital issues.

This is the EXACT same thread you posted a few days ago, with the same lies. Why do you think that it's worth a second swirl down the shit bowl?

Forum List

Back