Poll: Which political party is primarily causing GRIDLOCK in Washington?

Which political party is primarily causing GRIDLOCK in Washington?

• Total voters
I say Republicans! The Boehner/McConnell Republicans have made that clear since President Obama was elected.
In 2012, senior GOP members plotted to bring Congress to a standstill regardless how much it would hurt the American Economy by pledging to obstruct and block all of President Obama's legislation and they have continued the same plan last and this year. It's pretty obvious they plan to continue to do this.
This, of course, was the correct course of action, for whatever damage might be done by inaction is less than the damage to be brought by The Obama's agenda.

dems

multiple budget bills have passed the House to only sit in the Senate and not get voted on
plus obama has to lie and lie and lie about them, then pretend he's trying to reach across the aisle.

so the country suffers, just like the leftist want.

lol
what's funny about $17 trillion in debt?

do you think it happened by accident?

we had a balanced budget and were building toward a surplus when baby bush came into office. then he ran his unnecessary wars on china's dime while cutting taxes for the top 1%. then the teatards started obstructing our recovery from day one. the right hates this country and would rather abuse this president than do things that benefit the country.
I LOVE people who aren't afraid to put their mindless, partisan bigotry on display.
Well done.

To paraphrase Gordon Gecko

Gridlock is good

Gridlock is very good. These days it's all about damage control. I'm very pleased Reid hasn't acted on those 300 or so bills. We already have too many Laws. I think something like 40,000 new ones were enacted last year alone. Government is just too big and intrusive.

Congress should go home and stay home for as long as possible. They should convene only a couple times a year and for very short sessions. 'Do-Nothing' Congresses are the way to go at this point. Because when they're 'Doing Something', you know it's gonna be bad for you.

I say Republicans! The Boehner/McConnell Republicans have made that clear since President Obama was elected.

Washington is supposed to have some friction as compromises are made and hard edges of ideology and dogma are rubbed smoother until they can pass through our government.

When the Dems bring some of their completely unacceptable bills and proposals up for consideration they know there is no way the GOP reps would go along with these extreme ideas and the GOP, thankfully, prevents these potentially damaging bills from becoming law.

Then the Dems can get literally half opf the posters at USMB to believe the lie that it is the GOP's fault or that it is just as much the fault of the GOP as the Dems, when it isn't.

Dems can not be trusted.

They will lie in your face, take increasing amounts of your tax money and waste it or spend it to secure their positions of power in D.C.

That's like using your money to pad their cushy feather beds.

Then blaming it on the bad men.

When in reality, THEY are the bad men and women.
The problem is compromises are not being made.

There is no doubt that regardless of the outcome of the midterms, there is not going to be any significant new legislation. Unless one side gets total control of government in 2016 as the Democrats had in 2008, there will be little change. The system is broken and it's not going to get fixed because neither side wants it fixed.

I think the problem lies with the American people. They are conflicted. They want and depend on what big government provides, social security, medicare, unemployment, disability, public schools, consumer regulations, protection from terrorism, and an inequitable tax system which under funds the government. They also, want an efficient, less costly, less intrusive government, two goals that are mutually exclusive. Congress simply mirrors the American people.

Sure, Randy, sure...

Couple of weeks. Again, I've made this challenge over and over and not once = NOT ONCE = have one of you assholes taken my challenge. If The Republicans do NOT take the Congress - I will leave here forever. If they Do - YOU leave here and never return. Well Big Shot? You want a shot at the title?

I like how you play ball, RF!

I've bet these wimps about 20 times on various stuff too......have been willing to lose a big chunk of money....but they run for the exits.

Keep tellin it like it is Randall. :)

I do all my betting in the stock markets.
I guess that's a NO when it comes to backing up your assertions. Don't worry, we didn't expect anything different.

How do these Liberal posters expect to ever win any significant debates when they continually venture into battle only half way equipped?

WTF are you talking about? You think that there is "debating" going on in these threads? That's funny as hell.
DEBATE!!!! LMFAO

Your killing it dude. Debate. Significant no less. LMAO.
Thanks for the grins.

Washington is supposed to have some friction as compromises are made and hard edges of ideology and dogma are rubbed smoother until they can pass through our government.

When the Dems bring some of their completely unacceptable bills and proposals up for consideration they know there is no way the GOP reps would go along with these extreme ideas and the GOP, thankfully, prevents these potentially damaging bills from becoming law.

Then the Dems can get literally half opf the posters at USMB to believe the lie that it is the GOP's fault or that it is just as much the fault of the GOP as the Dems, when it isn't.

Dems can not be trusted.

They will lie in your face, take increasing amounts of your tax money and waste it or spend it to secure their positions of power in D.C.

There is no doubt that regardless of the outcome of the midterms, there is not going to be any significant new legislation. Unless one side gets total control of government in 2016 as the Democrats had in 2008, there will be little change. The system is broken and it's not going to get fixed because neither side wants it fixed.

I think the problem lies with the American people. They are conflicted. They want and depend on what big government provides, social security, medicare, unemployment, disability, public schools, consumer regulations, protection from terrorism, and an inequitable tax system which under funds the government. They also, want an efficient, less costly, less intrusive government, two goals that are mutually exclusive. Congress simply mirrors the American people.

Good points. But i'm ok with no more significant new legislation. We already have enough Laws. It's time to scale back Government intrusion in our lives. It's out of control. Americans should fully embrace 'Do-Nothing' Congresses at this point.

No. The system is working as intended.
The system demands ideas and legislation that are acceptable to all, as it should.

My opinion:

The House GOP have shown to be a pain in the ass because I do understand passing a bill to defund the ACA is the House goal, but how many times can pass a bill, and be told no by the Senate?

Then you have Harry Reid refusing to take up the discussion on bills, and if it were me I would put it to the floor and let the Senate vote, and if it passed then send it off to the Oval Office, and let the President Veto it because I know the Senate will not have enough votes to override his veto.

So in the end it is both sides, and I am a Democrat writing this.

Again. Harry Reid was told the day Barry began his reign that "Nothing was to pass the Senate" and it hasn't. Reid has been Barry's "enforcer" for these last 6 years. Soon, very soon, he will be history.

Yeah sure, back when the democrat had 59 seats in the Senate, control of the House, Republican with a foot in the grave? That has got to be the dumbest re-write of history........ever.

Oh wait, you're just trying to accuse the Democrats what the Republicans actually said and did. s

And the lock-step Republicans followed orders for the most part and obstructed as much as they could, and then whined and whined and whined.........they're still whining.

Dems can not be trusted.

Good points. But i'm ok with no more significant new legislation. We already have enough Laws. It's time to scale back Government intrusion in our lives. It's out of control. Americans should fully embrace 'Do-Nothing' Congresses at this point.
A do nothing congress means the executive branch will make the decisions through executive orders that congress should be making. When congress must approve a budget and they assume the do nothing attitude, political pressures force them to make some half ass temporary decision which again leaves the decisions to the executive branch.

On almost ever issue there are points of agreement between the two sides and there is room to compromise but neither party is willing to do so. I think it all boils down to the fact that the American people want all the goodies that government is providing but they don't want to pay the price.

Dems can not be trusted.

A do nothing congress means the executive branch will make the decisions through executive orders that congress should be making. When congress must approve a budget and they assume the do nothing attitude, political pressures force them to make some half ass temporary decision which again leaves the decisions to the executive branch.

On almost ever issue there are points of agreement between the two sides and there is room to compromise but neither party is willing to do so. I think it all boils down to the fact that the American people want all the goodies that government is providing but they don't want to pay the price.

Americans need to stop thinking Government has to always be 'Doing Something.' They have to let go of that mind-set. There are only few things we need Congress to do. It's gotten completely out of control at this point. Send em home, and only require them to meet a couple times a year and for very short sessions. The less often they meet, they less damage they can do. We need far less Government intrusion in our lives.

If we were to reduce military spending to one-and-a-half times what China spends, We would free up $432 Billion.

Billion with a 'B'. Per year.

Sadly, right now, we annually spend four times what China spends on $ecurity and, I don't know about y'all, but I don't see us as 4 times more secure than the Chinese.

Dems can not be trusted.

Americans need to stop thinking Government has to always be 'Doing Something.' They have to let go of that mind-set. There are only few things we need Congress to do. It's gotten completely out of control at this point. Send em home, and only require them to meet a couple times a year and for very short sessions. The less often they meet, they less damage they can do. We need far less Government intrusion in our lives.
What you're asking for isn't going to happen. It's like asking a 5 year-old to give up their sucker because it's bad for their teeth. In reality people want cuts in government that will not effect them or what they care about. The fact is you can't make a significant cut in government spending without effecting a lot of people which will create a big backlash.

If we were to reduce military spending to one-and-a-half times what China spends, We would free up $432 Billion.

Billion with a 'B'. Per year.

Sadly, right now, we annually spend four times what China spends on $ecurity and, I don't know about y'all, but I don't see us as 4 times more secure than the Chinese.

China has not had a military engagement since 1979. Since 1979, the US has had 118 military engagements and 3 major wars.
Timeline of United States military operations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
List of Chinese wars and battles - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

dems

multiple budget bills have passed the House to only sit in the Senate and not get voted on
plus obama has to lie and lie and lie about them, then pretend he's trying to reach across the aisle.

so the country suffers, just like the leftist want.

lol
what's funny about $17 trillion in debt?

do you think it happened by accident?

Absolutely not...

"The debt explosion has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party's embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don't matter if they result from tax cuts."
David Stockman - Director of the Office of Management and Budget for U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

"Grover Norquist has no plan to pay this debt down. His plan says you continue to add to the debt..."
Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.)

All you have to do is look at how President Clinton worked WITH Newt Gingrich and the Republican Congress during the 1995 shut down, compared to president Obama who simply chooses to demonize Republicans for not simply taking his approach WITHOUT compromise. The left may gloat and say who won the presidential re-election, but this country really lost when you look at the headway that was made in the 90s when you have a leader in the White House and not a dictator. Just look who was able to create a strong growing economy by working across the aisle. You certainly will not find either under the Obama Administration.

Dems can not be trusted.

What you're asking for isn't going to happen. It's like asking a 5 year-old to give up their sucker because it's bad for their teeth. In reality people want cuts in government that will not effect them or what they care about. The fact is you can't make a significant cut in government spending without effecting a lot of people which will create a big backlash.

It's brainwashing conditioning. Americans have been conditioned to believe Government has to always be 'Doing Something.' Even if that something is wrong. But in reality, we need Government doing less. It's just too big and intrusive. For example, i think it's great when they go away on Recess. Because i know they can't do any damage when they're away. But most Americans actually get upset when they go on long Recesses.

It's all conditioning. I'm glad Reid hasn't acted on those 300 or so bills. We don't need em. The Country's still standing and rolling along without em. They weren't necessary. And that pretty much sums up most of the things our Congress does. A whole lot of costly unnecessary meddling. So i'll go on hoping for more gridlock. But i know i'm in the minority on that thinking.

Forum List

Back