Poll: Which political party is primarily causing GRIDLOCK in Washington?

Which political party is primarily causing GRIDLOCK in Washington?

• Total voters
dems

multiple budget bills have passed the House to only sit in the Senate and not get voted on
plus obama has to lie and lie and lie about them, then pretend he's trying to reach across the aisle.

so the country suffers, just like the leftist want.
Every single one designed to fool hater dupes, not one that would have helped, all either cut back environmental or worker protections.

Obviously Pubs are bhind the disfunction, only their bs propaganda and the cowardice of corporate news allow this crap...

Exactly!

If the poll results don't improve - I may have to leave USMB before some of the stupidity rubs off on me.

I say Republicans! The Boehner/McConnell Republicans have made that clear since President Obama was elected.

But gridlock is a good thing.

The reason the Founding Fathers adopted Article I, § 3, Clauses 1 and 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures was precisely to cause gridlock and prevent the motherfuckers from adopting dangerous unnecessary legislation.

So actually we need the so-called to be rescinded or abolished !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I once thought that too. But enough is enough. Eventually, congress should do something, like pass legislation. That's what we pay them $30 million a day to do. Congress now rates somewhere between cockroaches and traffic jams with the American people. If someone can solve this problem, I think we should crown him King.

Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult
By Mike Lofgren

Mike Lofgren is a former congressional staff member who served on both the House and Senate budget committees for 30 years.

But both parties are not rotten in quite the same way. The Democrats have their share of machine politicians, careerists, corporate bagmen, egomaniacs and kooks. Nothing, however, quite matches the modern GOP.

To those millions of Americans who have finally begun paying attention to politics and watched with exasperation the tragicomedy of the debt ceiling extension, it may have come as a shock that the Republican Party is so full of lunatics. To be sure, the party, like any political party on earth, has always had its share of crackpots, like Robert K. Dornan or William E. Dannemeyer. But the crackpot outliers of two decades ago have become the vital center today: Steve King, Michele Bachman (now a leading presidential candidate as well), Paul Broun, Patrick McHenry, Virginia Foxx, Louie Gohmert, Allen West. The Congressional directory now reads like a casebook of lunacy.

It was this cast of characters and the pernicious ideas they represent that impelled me to end a nearly 30-year career as a professional staff member on Capitol Hill. A couple of months ago, I retired; but I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages.

The debt ceiling extension is not the only example of this sort of political terrorism....
more

Sure sounds like a HIT PIECE on Tea Party Conservatives by a RINO OPERATIVE.... but that's PROBABLY why it was done!

The truth hurts...

Thanks for Confirming it's the subversive DemoRATS! See that didn't hurt you...much!

When the Dem's cry foul and run away with their marbles the media claps, if the Repubs refuse to play by the Dems rules its called obstruction, gridlock....Only a spineless liberal fails to understand that their way is not the only way.

That is true. The Communist/Progressive-dominated MSM does play it a different way when the Democrats obstruct. The Democrats are labeled 'Brave Heroes' for standing up. There is a clear double standard.

The 'media' that is owned by 6 huge corporations? The low information voters here are parroting all the corporate talking points.

Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult
By Mike Lofgren

Mike Lofgren is a former congressional staff member who served on both the House and Senate budget committees for 30 years.

But both parties are not rotten in quite the same way. The Democrats have their share of machine politicians, careerists, corporate bagmen, egomaniacs and kooks. Nothing, however, quite matches the modern GOP.

To those millions of Americans who have finally begun paying attention to politics and watched with exasperation the tragicomedy of the debt ceiling extension, it may have come as a shock that the Republican Party is so full of lunatics. To be sure, the party, like any political party on earth, has always had its share of crackpots, like Robert K. Dornan or William E. Dannemeyer. But the crackpot outliers of two decades ago have become the vital center today: Steve King, Michele Bachman (now a leading presidential candidate as well), Paul Broun, Patrick McHenry, Virginia Foxx, Louie Gohmert, Allen West. The Congressional directory now reads like a casebook of lunacy.

It was this cast of characters and the pernicious ideas they represent that impelled me to end a nearly 30-year career as a professional staff member on Capitol Hill. A couple of months ago, I retired; but I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages.

The debt ceiling extension is not the only example of this sort of political terrorism....
more

Sure sounds like a HIT PIECE on Tea Party Conservatives by a RINO OPERATIVE.... but that's PROBABLY why it was done!

The truth hurts...

Thanks for Confirming it's the subversive DemoRATS! See that didn't hurt you...much!

Thanks for admitting you support domestic terrorists...

The truth of the matter is you folks on the right want nothing but failure for ANYTHING that is attached to Obama or Democrats. Even a health care law that is almost 100% conservative based in design.

You will stoop to any level, including 'insurgency'...

Insurgency

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

I say Republicans! The Boehner/McConnell Republicans have made that clear since President Obama was elected.

I say that you are a fucking idiot. 287 bills are laying on Harry Reids desk. He refuses to bring them to the floor for a vote. YOUR liberal Nazi leaders hold sole responsibility for this gridlock.

Which ones should Reid bring to the floor of the Senate? The 54 House bills to undermine the Affordable Healthcare Act or the 191 bills to weaken environmental protection??

dems

multiple budget bills have passed the House to only sit in the Senate and not get voted on
plus obama has to lie and lie and lie about them, then pretend he's trying to reach across the aisle.

lol
what's funny about $17 trillion in debt?

do you think it happened by accident?

dems

Every single one designed to fool hater dupes, not one that would have helped, all either cut back environmental or worker protections.

Obviously Pubs are bhind the disfunction, only their bs propaganda and the cowardice of corporate news allow this crap...
Lay off the pipe

obama lies to us, you're just to fucking lazy to check the facts

Washington is supposed to have some friction as compromises are made and hard edges of ideology and dogma are rubbed smoother until they can pass through our government.

When the Dems bring some of their completely unacceptable bills and proposals up for consideration they know there is no way the GOP reps would go along with these extreme ideas and the GOP, thankfully, prevents these potentially damaging bills from becoming law.

Then the Dems can get literally half opf the posters at USMB to believe the lie that it is the GOP's fault or that it is just as much the fault of the GOP as the Dems, when it isn't.

Dems can not be trusted.

They will lie in your face, take increasing amounts of your tax money and waste it or spend it to secure their positions of power in D.C.

That's like using your money to pad their cushy feather beds.

Then blaming it on the bad men.

When in reality, THEY are the bad men and women.

Harry Reid doesn't "pass" anything you dumbass. It is HIS JOB to bring those bills to the floor of the Senate for a vote however. THAT IS WHAT WE SEND THEM THERE FOR you twit.

Doesn't matter. Harry "Howdy Doody" Reid will be the new "Cloak Room Monitor" after the Midterms and America will FINALLY get back to work.

Sure, Randy, sure...

Couple of weeks. Again, I've made this challenge over and over and not once = NOT ONCE = have one of you assholes taken my challenge. If The Republicans do NOT take the Congress - I will leave here forever. If they Do - YOU leave here and never return. Well Big Shot? You want a shot at the title?

I like how you play ball, RF!

I've bet these wimps about 20 times on various stuff too......have been willing to lose a big chunk of money....but they run for the exits.

Keep tellin it like it is Randall. :)

I do all my betting in the stock markets.
I guess that's a NO when it comes to backing up your assertions. Don't worry, we didn't expect anything different.

How do these Liberal posters expect to ever win any significant debates when they continually venture into battle only half way equipped?

Knowledge, info and facts provide the necessary ammo to go along with the 'attitude' you try to slide through on.

Until you upgrade your information sources you will always suck the hind teat.

And we will always be justified in regarding you and your posts as stupid, moronic, silly, uninformed, asinine, preposterous, ridiculous, misinformed, ill informed, un informed, under informed and more.

And to change this all they would have to do is just switch to an honest, fair and balanced news source and they wouldn't lose so much or so badly and we Conservatives wouldn't have so much disagreement with them.

But nooooooooooooooooooo!

Libs and Progs are persistently ignorant because they want so badly to be RIGHT for a change.

And the sad thing is they will never achieve their goal unless they abandon their liberal media addiction and find something honest , objective, fair and balanced to watch instead.

That means they will never change and that means they invalidate themselves for consideration as our elected representatives.

Who the hell wants deceptive, manipulative, lying, inept half wits too stupid to upgrade their info sources representing them in D.C.?

dems

lol
what's funny about $17 trillion in debt?

do you think it happened by accident?

we had a balanced budget and were building toward a surplus when baby bush came into office. then he ran his unnecessary wars on china's dime while cutting taxes for the top 1%. then the teatards started obstructing our recovery from day one. the right hates this country and would rather abuse this president than do things that benefit the country.

you don't get to do that, refuse to generate revenue from the sources from which it needs to be generated and then cry about the deficit.

the rabid right didn't cry about the deficit when the president was a rightwing theocrat

Washington is supposed to have some friction as compromises are made and hard edges of ideology and dogma are rubbed smoother until they can pass through our government.

When the Dems bring some of their completely unacceptable bills and proposals up for consideration they know there is no way the GOP reps would go along with these extreme ideas and the GOP, thankfully, prevents these potentially damaging bills from becoming law.

Then the Dems can get literally half opf the posters at USMB to believe the lie that it is the GOP's fault or that it is just as much the fault of the GOP as the Dems, when it isn't.

Dems can not be trusted.

They will lie in your face, take increasing amounts of your tax money and waste it or spend it to secure their positions of power in D.C.

That's like using your money to pad their cushy feather beds.

Then blaming it on the bad men.

When in reality, THEY are the bad men and women.

yes, everyone is bad who isn't a rightwingnut. :cuckoo:

I see how this works. I provide documented proof from 30 year Republican staff members and Republican House members, you provide pictures and cartoons from bloggers...

Ever wonder WHY the guy is a 30 year staff member instead of 35, or 40 year member?..... How many people work 30 years for a company, leave it and then bash it?....Yes, I know my little FACTUAL cartoons anger you LIV democRATS!

When the Dem's cry foul and run away with their marbles the media claps, if the Repubs refuse to play by the Dems rules its called obstruction, gridlock....Only a spineless liberal fails to understand that their way is not the only way.

That is true. The Communist/Progressive-dominated MSM does play it a different way when the Democrats obstruct. The Democrats are labeled 'Brave Heroes' for standing up. There is a clear double standard.

The 'media' that is owned by 6 huge corporations? The low information voters here are parroting all the corporate talking points.

Really? You don't think the MSM covers the two parties differently on the obstruction issue? In my opinion there's definitely a double standard. The Republicans are presented as 'evil ogers', while the Democrats are presented as 'brave heroes.'

I'm just going on my observations over the years. According to the MSM, obstruction is bad if the Republicans are doing it, but obstruction is good if the Democrats are doing it.

I think both parties are guilty of petty partisan politics, but no party in this contemporary age has caused disruption like the GOP.

Back