Poll: Which political party is primarily causing GRIDLOCK in Washington?

Which political party is primarily causing GRIDLOCK in Washington?

• Total voters
Americans need to embrace 'Do-Nothing' Congresses. It's damage control at this point. It's when they're 'Doing Something', the trouble begins. So let's all pray for more gridlocked 'Do-Nothing' Congresses. Amen. See ya.

Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult
By Mike Lofgren

Mike Lofgren is a former congressional staff member who served on both the House and Senate budget committees for 30 years.

But both parties are not rotten in quite the same way. The Democrats have their share of machine politicians, careerists, corporate bagmen, egomaniacs and kooks. Nothing, however, quite matches the modern GOP.

To those millions of Americans who have finally begun paying attention to politics and watched with exasperation the tragicomedy of the debt ceiling extension, it may have come as a shock that the Republican Party is so full of lunatics. To be sure, the party, like any political party on earth, has always had its share of crackpots, like Robert K. Dornan or William E. Dannemeyer. But the crackpot outliers of two decades ago have become the vital center today: Steve King, Michele Bachman (now a leading presidential candidate as well), Paul Broun, Patrick McHenry, Virginia Foxx, Louie Gohmert, Allen West. The Congressional directory now reads like a casebook of lunacy.

It was this cast of characters and the pernicious ideas they represent that impelled me to end a nearly 30-year career as a professional staff member on Capitol Hill. A couple of months ago, I retired; but I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages.

The debt ceiling extension is not the only example of this sort of political terrorism....
more

More Nazi propaganda.

A Republican staff member with 30 years experience...

Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult
By Mike Lofgren

Mike Lofgren is a former congressional staff member who served on both the House and Senate budget committees for 30 years.

But both parties are not rotten in quite the same way. The Democrats have their share of machine politicians, careerists, corporate bagmen, egomaniacs and kooks. Nothing, however, quite matches the modern GOP.

To those millions of Americans who have finally begun paying attention to politics and watched with exasperation the tragicomedy of the debt ceiling extension, it may have come as a shock that the Republican Party is so full of lunatics. To be sure, the party, like any political party on earth, has always had its share of crackpots, like Robert K. Dornan or William E. Dannemeyer. But the crackpot outliers of two decades ago have become the vital center today: Steve King, Michele Bachman (now a leading presidential candidate as well), Paul Broun, Patrick McHenry, Virginia Foxx, Louie Gohmert, Allen West. The Congressional directory now reads like a casebook of lunacy.

It was this cast of characters and the pernicious ideas they represent that impelled me to end a nearly 30-year career as a professional staff member on Capitol Hill. A couple of months ago, I retired; but I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages.

The debt ceiling extension is not the only example of this sort of political terrorism....
more

Sure sounds like a HIT PIECE on Tea Party Conservatives by a RINO OPERATIVE.... but that's PROBABLY why it was done!

The truth hurts...

Yes, the Senate is ignoring hundreds of bills passed by the GOP House. But it’s always that way.

One of the most frequent arguments offered by Republican members of the House of Representatives to demonstrate how hard they're working is to point out that there are over 300 bills passed by the House that are now waiting for action in the Senate.

In 11 of the past 19 Congresses -- more than half -- more than 300 bills were waiting for Senate action by the time the Congress completed its work. Here's the number of bills passed by the House in each Congress that the Senate never took action on. And, anticipating your response, we've color-coded the bars with the color of the party that controlled the House during that Congress -- red for Republicans and blue for Democrats.

House-leg.png

There was a big spike in the number of bills ignored by the Senate -- when it was Democrats who controlled both chambers.

Washington Post

When the Dem's cry foul and run away with their marbles the media claps, if the Repubs refuse to play by the Dems rules its called obstruction, gridlock....Only a spineless liberal fails to understand that their way is not the only way.

When the Dem's cry foul and run away with their marbles the media claps, if the Repubs refuse to play by the Dems rules its called obstruction, gridlock....Only a spineless liberal fails to understand that their way is not the only way.

That is true. The Communist/Progressive-dominated MSM does play it a different way when the Democrats obstruct. The Democrats are labeled 'Brave Heroes' for standing up. There is a clear double standard.

So, do you expect Harry Reid to pass all that NaziCon shit that the House sent over? Get real...

Harry Reid doesn't "pass" anything you dumbass. It is HIS JOB to bring those bills to the floor of the Senate for a vote however. THAT IS WHAT WE SEND THEM THERE FOR you twit.

Doesn't matter. Harry "Howdy Doody" Reid will be the new "Cloak Room Monitor" after the Midterms and America will FINALLY get back to work.

Sure, Randy, sure...

Couple of weeks. Again, I've made this challenge over and over and not once = NOT ONCE = have one of you assholes taken my challenge. If The Republicans do NOT take the Congress - I will leave here forever. If they Do - YOU leave here and never return. Well Big Shot? You want a shot at the title?

I like how you play ball, RF!

I've bet these wimps about 20 times on various stuff too......have been willing to lose a big chunk of money....but they run for the exits.

Keep tellin it like it is Randall. :)

I do all my betting in the stock markets.
I guess that's a NO when it comes to backing up your assertions. Don't worry, we didn't expect anything different.

Under normal circumstances, I would say both.

In the present day, however, I'm going to have to go with the Dems. Between President "I Won" Pen & Phone and Harry "No Floor Votes Allowed" Reid, any possibility of bi-partisan cooperation has been crushed.

I say Republicans! The Boehner/McConnell Republicans have made that clear since President Obama was elected.
In 2012, senior GOP members plotted to bring Congress to a standstill regardless how much it would hurt the American Economy by pledging to obstruct and block all of President Obama's legislation and they have continued the same plan last and this year. It's pretty obvious they plan to continue to do this.

I say Republicans! The Boehner/McConnell Republicans have made that clear since President Obama was elected.

But gridlock is a good thing.

The reason the Founding Fathers adopted Article I, § 3, Clauses 1 and 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures was precisely to cause gridlock and prevent the motherfuckers from adopting dangerous unnecessary legislation.

So actually we need the so-called to be rescinded or abolished !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dems

multiple budget bills have passed the House to only sit in the Senate and not get voted on
plus obama has to lie and lie and lie about them, then pretend he's trying to reach across the aisle.

so the country suffers, just like the leftist want.
Every single one designed to fool hater dupes, not one that would have helped, all either cut back environmental or worker protections.

Obviously Pubs are bhind the disfunction, only their bs propaganda and the cowardice of corporate news allow this crap...

Forum List

Back