Poll: Should SCOTUS override states' rights regarding when to stop counting ballots?

Should SCOTUS override states' rights regarding when to stop counting ballots?

• Total voters
I feel very strongly that SCOTUS should not tell states when to stop counting their ballots - especially in the middle of a pandemic - and a presidential election. That should be totally left up to the states and their respective election laws. I think this is something that both Democrats and Republicans should be able to agree on. What do you think?

Once people voted on a single day, the results of the election were posted the next morning. Voting controversies were minor and easily resolvable.

Now that partisanship bullcrap has exploded, it is no longer smooth sailing....., voting used to be easy, done in a single day, results posted by the next day, but now people find it hard to do that anymore.

I feel very strongly that SCOTUS should not tell states when to stop counting their ballots - especially in the middle of a pandemic - and a presidential election. That should be totally left up to the states and their respective election laws. I think this is something that both Democrats and Republicans should be able to agree on. What do you think?
The time limit is written in law, Dummy.

There is a statute spelling out the deadline for electoral votes to be received by Congress.

This thread isn't about EC votes. It's about counting ballots.
Wow! You really are stupid beyond belief. If you don't get the ballots counted, you can't submit the electoral votes to Congress, and there is a deadline to do that, according to law, Stupid.

No shit, Sherlock. A previous poster said the EC date is December 8 this year. So, that gives states over four weeks to count ballots.

There is a statute spelling out the deadline for electoral votes to be received by Congress.

Wow! You really are stupid beyond belief. If you don't get the ballots counted, you can't submit the electoral votes to Congress, and there is a deadline to do that, according to law, Stupid.

No shit, Sherlock. A previous poster said the date is December 8 this year. So, that gives states over four weeks to count ballots.
EVERY State has a law on how long the count can go on. That to is a federal matter if the State exceeds that legal deadline.

No shit, Sherlock. A previous poster said the EC date is December 8 this year. So, that gives states over four weeks to count ballots.
Ok, so why the dumbass thread, Stupid?

No shit, Sherlock. A previous poster said the date is December 8 this year. So, that gives states over four weeks to count ballots.
EVERY State has a law on how long the count can go on. That to is a federal matter if the State exceeds that legal deadline.

Proof? Link? I would think that would be up to state legislation and courts.

So a state should be allowed to keep voting going until...January?

Whatever the state law is.

My view is simple. You’re a leftist. That means you’re deranged. So whatever your opinion on this is, mine will be the opposite. Thank you for your poll.

I'm still waiting for a Conservative to vote "yes".

I voted yes because the American Taliban must stop cheating

The American Taliban. That would be the Religious Right. You know - the ones who insist their women wear long sleeves in summer; Who believe birth control leads to immorality; Who make their daughter take "virginity pledges". The American Taliban should stick to trying to control their own women, and leave the more than 80% of the women in American who aren't part of the religious right, alone.

Even if it takes days or weeks - all legal ballots should be counted.
Define "legal" in your comment.
Possibly postmark date ?
If not, then are you willing to allow for any length of time before a decision is made ?

Duh, "legal" means whatever the respective state election law says is "legal". It ain't rocket science...
So you keep avoiding this simple question.
How long are you willing to wait before a decision is made, no matter what state is counting ?
A week, month, year ?

Duh, the answer is whatever state law allows.
So your answer is yes, you are willing to wait any length of time, not knowing who the elected president is, regardless if that state says it will be months before they decide the count.
Your answer is YES, whatever the states law allows !!!
Do you see how you are grasping at straws that arent there ?
Because unlike you, true Americans are not going to wait that long.
We are not going to repeat the hanging chad saga.

YES! Damn, I'm glad you finally got it. BTW, which states allow MONTHS to count ballots?
I tried going down that road with them.
It came to a dead end.

So states rights can repeal gay marriage?

My view is simple. You’re a leftist. That means you’re deranged. So whatever your opinion on this is, mine will be the opposite. Thank you for your poll.

The idiocy of right wing voters. The left are wrong. The left are always wrong. Anything you say is wrong. Even when you have proof that you're correct, I will oppose anything you say.

This is why the USA is in the mess they're in now. Because you oppose anything the other side says, just because a leftist said it. Not because you've look at any ideas and discussed their merits, because you don't. You look at who said it and oppose anything the other side proposes, while supporting the toxic policies that have destroyed your economy.

States rights on abortion?

The idiocy of right wing voters. The left are wrong. The left are always wrong. Anything you say is wrong. Even when you have proof that you're correct, I will oppose anything you say.

This is why the USA is in the mess they're in now. Because you oppose anything the other side says, just because a leftist said it. Not because you've look at any ideas and discussed their merits, because you don't. You look at who said it and oppose anything the other side proposes, while supporting the toxic policies that have destroyed your economy.
Please stop interfering in our elections

Proof? Link? I would think that would be up to state legislation and courts.
Look you FUCKING MORON you just cited a NC law that allowed voting to extend 9 days. Every state has laws when the counting stops on absentee ballots. Why would I link to what everyone knows exists and you already linked to one such law? Good God you are pathetic you don't even know what you are arguing about.

Forum List

Back