Poll: Should SCOTUS override states' rights regarding when to stop counting ballots?

Should SCOTUS override states' rights regarding when to stop counting ballots?

• Total voters
I feel very strongly that SCOTUS should not tell states when to stop counting their ballots - especially in the middle of a pandemic - and a presidential election. That should be totally left up to the states and their respective election laws. I think this is something that both Democrats and Republicans should be able to agree on. What do you think?
Counting votes after the election is voter fraud. States should be required to have their counts done within 24 hours of the polls closing

Last edited:
I feel very strongly that SCOTUS should not tell states when to stop counting their ballots - especially in the middle of a pandemic - and a presidential election. That should be totally left up to the states and their respective election laws. I think this is something that both Democrats and Republicans should be able to agree on. What do you think?
My view is simple. You’re a leftist. That means you’re deranged. So whatever your opinion on this is, mine will be the opposite. Thank you for your poll.

The idiocy of right wing voters. The left are wrong. The left are always wrong. Anything you say is wrong. Even when you have proof that you're correct, I will oppose anything you say.

This is why the USA is in the mess they're in now. Because you oppose anything the other side says, just because a leftist said it. Not because you've look at any ideas and discussed their merits, because you don't. You look at who said it and oppose anything the other side proposes, while supporting the toxic policies that have destroyed your economy.
Please stop interfering in our elections
Nobody takes her idiotic posts seriously. Every post of hers demonstrates she doesn't have a clue about American politics or govt structure.

Under Article II of the U.S. Constitution the president and vice president are chosen by electors, under a constitutional grant of authority delegated to the legislatures of the several states. The Constitution reserves the choice of the precise manner for creating electors to the will of the state legislatures.

Should the Governor and/or the State Court usurp the power of the Legislature, the role of SCOTUS would be order that usurpation ceased.

Are you for the usurpation of Legislative power by a State Court or Governor?

I'm for the counting of all legal ballots according to respective state election laws. SCOTUS should not be involved.
Any ballot recieved after Nov 3 is illegal. The constitution says the election shall be held on the first Tuesday in Nov, Nov 3.

Under Article II of the U.S. Constitution the president and vice president are chosen by electors, under a constitutional grant of authority delegated to the legislatures of the several states. The Constitution reserves the choice of the precise manner for creating electors to the will of the state legislatures.

Should the Governor and/or the State Court usurp the power of the Legislature, the role of SCOTUS would be order that usurpation ceased.

I'm for the counting of all legal ballots according to respective state election laws. SCOTUS should not be involved.
Any ballot recieved after Nov 3 is illegal. The constitution says the election shall be held on the first Tuesday in Nov, Nov 3.
Unless post marked before the 4th and with in the time allowed by that state to count absentee ballots.

At minimum, all states should not count any ballots that are postmarked after the election.
Everyone has had plenty of time.
Even when the president is sabotaging the postal system? That’s what these law suits are designed to take advantage of and Brett K basically admitted in his Wisconsin decision. Upper classes using the useful idiot Republicans to keep power
How is the President sabotaging the postal system?

Of course you do....
All dems are in favor of all avenues that allow cheating.

Credible proof? Democrats aren't the ones engaging in voter suppression.
They are the ones engaged in voter fraud.

Of course you do....

they are the ones engaged in voter fraud.

What if a state took years to finish counting?

Unless post marked before the 4th and with in the time allowed by that state to count absentee ballots.
Nope. If it's recieved after Nov 3, it goes into the trash.

Moron that is NOT the law.

Of course you do....

What voter suppression? You folks toss that word a lot without qualifying it.

My view is simple. You’re a leftist. That means you’re deranged. So whatever your opinion on this is, mine will be the opposite. Thank you for your poll.

The idiocy of right wing voters. The left are wrong. The left are always wrong. Anything you say is wrong. Even when you have proof that you're correct, I will oppose anything you say.

This is why the USA is in the mess they're in now. Because you oppose anything the other side says, just because a leftist said it. Not because you've look at any ideas and discussed their merits, because you don't. You look at who said it and oppose anything the other side proposes, while supporting the toxic policies that have destroyed your economy.

I'm not "interfering in your elections". Pointing out ignorance, stupidity, and partisanship is hardly "interfering". I'm not lying about who I am, or pretending to be someone other than a Canadian commenting on a public message board.

I'm not "interfering in your elections". Pointing out ignorance, stupidity, and partisanship is hardly "interfering". I'm not lying about who I am, or pretending to be someone other than a Canadian commenting on a public message board.
About stuff you have no business in, you don't know the laws or our Constitution, you obviously don't know how our Government works or how our state Governments work.

Yep.....you only want them to keep counting so you can give them time to win after they lost on election night.

Of course you do....

What voter suppression? You folks toss that word a lot without qualifying it.
Voter suppression is requiring that only LIVE US citizens with proper I.D. be allowed to vote.
Also....forcing them to stand in line is voter suppression.

About stuff you have no business in, you don't know the laws or our Constitution, you obviously don't know how our Government works or how our state Governments work.

I know all of the above. I studied US history and civics. And I worked in international law.

Moron that is NOT the law.
Sure it is.

Forum List

Back