POLL: Let's try a COVID compromise, shall we?

Do you agree with this Free Market COVID Compromise?

• 1. Yes. This is a fair compromise.

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 2. No. This is not a fair compromise.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 3. I don't want to answer. I just want to complain about the thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Double meat thin crust pizza.

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
I can tell you also many nonsense which comes from so called "progressives". Here in Germany only extremists from the AfD fight vaccinations. The AfD is a Nazi-follower party (=some real Nazis and many useful idiots), which has a lot of support in the English speaking world where also many of their ideas seem to come from. All politicians from all other political parties - specially also all conservatives and traditionalists - support vaccinations.

We're not in Germany. And the lowest vaccination rates are in Republican leaning states.

From Climate Change to systematic racism to LGBT rights to healthcare to COVID to the viability of democracy itself.......we have to carry conservatives. We have to continue on trying to solve these issues in spire of you.

Even economically, conservatives are a burden. The GDP of those counties that voted for Biden is more than 70% of the US total. Your ilk contribute barely more than a quarter of our nation's economic strength.

This nation will survive and solve these problems like we have many in our past.....and we'll bring conservatives along kicking and screaming. Just like we did on gay and interracial marriage, workers rights, Medicare and Social Security.

Nope. Secessions are just the acknowledgment of conservatives that they champion a dying list of empty talking points that lacks viability and the ability to persuade. A vibrant, growing, viable political message is eager to compete in the market place of ideas to persaude those to join you....and seeks the greatest number of people to participate in the process of making such decisions.

Talk of secession is philosophical surrender, and the acknowledgment that your beliefs are so delicate, so unpersuasive, and so easily overcome that your only option is to remove those who would disagree agree with you and to try and limit voting to those who do.

Secession is the scent of a dying party.

That is a list of you wanting to micromanage people's lives. That is it.

You see the ramifications of that in Afghanistan. The military got up to micromanaging diversity straight up to the top brass. And now what is the result? ACTUAL injustice. Real, brutal injustice, and not just using improper pronouns. Not just refusing to bake the cake for the gay wedding.

We cannot reconcile with you because you live in a bizarre world of your own imagination. So go, make your Utopia. We want no part, but will deal in the real world.

Oh, and build a Tremendous Wall to keep you out when your Utopia turns to hell, in about one decade, give or take

No. I am taking a calculated risk. Life is a calculated risk. I have health issues you have no idea about that I am not beholden to explain to you, nor to anyone who gives me health care, which complicates the entire matter. And to which I applied the entire common sense/personal responsibility qualifier.

So really what bothers liberals about the vaccines is that people are not In Compliance. Like in Communist China, you had to Comply so you want others to Comply too. You want little brownie points and you want them taken away, like the good little authoritarians you are.

As I said, there's no reconciling free living with this. Go make your communist state, we will keep America. I'm not kidding.

And if your choice to remain unvaccinated lands you in the hospital with COVID.....then you should take responsibility for your choices.

In an emergency sitaution where there are limited resources, the unvaccinated with COVID should go to the back of the line, with priority given to those who did take responsibility, or those who came in with all the other regular medical emergencies.

I've never said a thing about killing someone because of who they supported.. We weren't the ones walking the halls of Congress chanting 'Kill Mike Pence'. We weren't the one's threatening to bomb Washington unless democrats resigned en masse. That would be your ilk.

We're arguing that the unvaccinated who get COVID should go to the back of the line for medical care behind those who have ordinary medical emergencies.

Whatever happened to 'personal responsibility'? Why should other people give up their hospital bed to you when you refused to vaccinate and caught COVID?
I wouldn't prioritise care due to Vaccinated or not... Don't like doctors becoming judges, it is just too far for me... The odds of taking the vaccine way out weigh the odds of not taking it... No brainer, take the vaccine for a better chance at not getting sick and not dying.. Unfortunately there are vested interested bodies who are distorting this information for personal gain... They are feeding an echo chamber which is very evident on this forum.

I would have no problem with Insurance companies allowed to ask for proof of your vaccine status and set premiums accordingly.

I also like the idea of certain businesses (e.g. bars, restaurants...) which have unmasked people inside to be legally obligated to have them vaccinated... i.e. Drink inside you need to be vaccinated but outside you don't need to be... This is very common in Europe and compliance is quite high... No body wants to keep his friends outside because you don't want to get the vaccine.. Ireland have this and it is grand in the summer but winter is coming... Ireland are expecting 90%+ (12 and over) full vaccinated by mid Sept... I say they think they can get 95% by October...

That is a list of you wanting to micromanage people's lives. That is it.

You see the ramifications of that in Afghanistan. The military got up to micromanaging diversity straight up to the top brass. And now what is the result? ACTUAL injustice. Real, brutal injustice, and not just using improper pronouns. Not just refusing to bake the cake for the gay wedding.

We cannot reconcile with you because you live in a bizarre world of your own imagination. So go, make your Utopia. We want no part, but will deal in the real world.

Oh, and build a Tremendous Wall to keep you out when your Utopia turns to hell, in about one decade, give or take

Or....we recognize the actual harm of your poor decision making. You having a 'belief' doesn't make you immune to the consequences of being unvaccinated. Nor should someone who made responsible choices and got the vaccine, or anyone who is suffering ordinary medical emergencies give up their hospital bed to pay for your poor judgement.

And its not my imagination that COVID is ravaging the unvaccinated.

Texas has seen nearly 9,000 COVID-19 deaths since February. All but 43 were unvaccinated people.​

That's 99.5% of the COVID dead being unvaccinated in Texas. And you ignore this entirely......replacing it with your imagination and beliefs.

You should take responsibility for that.

And if your choice to remain unvaccinated lands you in the hospital with COVID.....then you should take responsibility for your choices.

In an emergency sitaution where there are limited resources, the unvaccinated with COVID should go to the back of the line, with priority given to those who did take responsibility, or those who came in with all the other regular medical emergencies.

I walk 3 miles a day. My BMI is below 19. Are you in great shape? If not, can I apply my standards to you? If hospitals are short staffed, and since you maybe don't take great care of yourself, can you be told nah, you made poor choices?

Or does this only apply to people who earn the Good Social Credit by Complying?

So you refuse to vaccinate......and then what? Are you so deluded as to believe that your refusal somehow makes you immune to COVID?

That's nonsense. Of course I do not believe that refusing to be used as a Guinea pig for risky medical experiments protects me from anything other than the potential ill effects of the experiments in which I am declining to participate.

I'm also not delusional or deceived enough to be swayed by all the exaggerations, fearmongering, and outright lies that have been employed to sell a routine flu outbreak as much, much, much more dangerous and deadly than there is any rational reason to believe that it is; nor to allow such fearmongering to be used to control and manipulate me the way you are stupidly allowing yourself to be controlled and manipulated.

You just go on and keep hiding in your mother's basement, cowering in fear and shame over a flu outbreak, and over the horrendous danger that you've allowed yourself to be convinced that we “unvaccinated” pose to you; and leave us grown-ups alone to go about our lives. I have a life to live, I have work to do, a living to make, and I have no time or patience to allow myself to be held back by worthless sniveling cowardly fucks such as yourself.

Last edited:
Or....we recognize the actual harm of your poor decision making. You having a 'belief' doesn't make you immune to the consequences of being unvaccinated. Nor should someone who made responsible choices and got the vaccine, or anyone who is suffering ordinary medical emergencies give up their hospital bed to pay for your poor judgement.

And its not my imagination that COVID is ravaging the unvaccinated.

Texas has seen nearly 9,000 COVID-19 deaths since February. All but 43 were unvaccinated people.​

That's 99.5% of the COVID dead being unvaccinated in Texas. And you ignore this entirely......replacing it with your imagination and beliefs.

You should take responsibility for that.

Vaccinated people who are obese die from Covid.

They don't have to be obese.

Gosh, this is going to be something else, isn't it??

I walk 3 miles a day. My BMI is below 19. Are you in great shape? If not, can I apply my standards to you? If hospitals are short staffed, and since you maybe don't take great care of yourself, can you be told nah, you made poor choices?

Or does this only apply to people who earn the Good Social Credit by Complying?
Lets use some logic and reason. Is a BMI below 19% the ovewhelming factor of preventing COVID deaths? Or is it vaccinations?

That's 99.5% of the dead being among the unvaccinated. Nor is having a BMI over 19 air born and contagious.

You should take responsibility for your own choices. If you choose not to vaccinate and get COVID.......then you should take responsibility for the consequences of that choice.

Not someone else.

I wouldn't prioritise care due to Vaccinated or not... Don't like doctors becoming judges, it is just too far for me... The odds of taking the vaccine way out weigh the odds of not taking it... No brainer, take the vaccine for a better chance at not getting sick and not dying.. Unfortunately there are vested interested bodies who are distorting this information for personal gain... They are feeding an echo chamber which is very evident on this forum.

I would have no problem with Insurance companies allowed to ask for proof of your vaccine status and set premiums accordingly.

I also like the idea of certain businesses (e.g. bars, restaurants...) which have unmasked people inside to be legally obligated to have them vaccinated... i.e. Drink inside you need to be vaccinated but outside you don't need to be... This is very common in Europe and compliance is quite high... No body wants to keep his friends outside because you don't want to get the vaccine.. Ireland have this and it is grand in the summer but winter is coming... Ireland are expecting 90%+ (12 and over) full vaccinated by mid Sept... I say they think they can get 95% by October...

It amazes me that people think this is still a great idea with boosters coming.

It's just Social Compliance now. I have coworkers who completed their second shots mid-February. In less than two months their vax is basically expired. Even now, they can transmit and contract. So why doesn't everyone just admit this is akin to Communist China's Social Credit system: it makes you FEEL better but does basically nothing.

That's not a significant enough risk to be worth worrying about.

If I wind up in the hospital, it is much more likely that it will be as a result of an automobile accident, a work-related mishap, or any of a number of other more mundane causes, than that the #CopronaHoax2020 virus will in any way be involved.

There are plenty of genuine dangers in life about which I could worry, if I am determined to be worried about something. It's pointless to worry about so insignificant a non-threat as the #CoronaHoax virus, no matter how determined certain degenerate elements in government and media—along with their complicit useful idiots such as yourself—are to try to scare and manipulate me with that bullshit.

Just go fuck off, and leave us grown-ups alone.

Lets use some logic and reason. Is a BMI below 19% the ovewhelming factor of preventing COVID deaths? Or is it vaccinations?

That's 99.5% of the dead being among the unvaccinated. Nor is having a BMI over 19 air born and contagious.

You should take responsibility for your own choices. If you choose not to vaccinate and get COVID.......then you should take responsibility for the consequences of that choice.

Not someone else.

Being obese TRIPLES the risk of hospitalizations. You don't even know what you're talking about, do you? I mean you haven't even done the barest research.

SO yeah. I probably have a MUCH better chance of survival in the shape I am than someone who is obese and because of it, type 2 diabetic, hypertensive, and etc--even vaccinated. You bet I do.

Vaccinated people who are obese die from Covid.

They don't have to be obese.

Gosh, this is going to be something else, isn't it??

Very few people of any weight who are vaccinated die of COVID. Of the nearly 9000 people that died in from COVID in Texas, 43 were vaccinated. That's roughly 1/2 of 1%.

Yet you ignore this fact, ignore that 99.5% of the COVID dead are unvaccinated. The vaccine clearly protects. And if you refuse to take these common sense precautions......you should take responsibility for the consequences of that choice.

Not anyone else.

That's not a significant enough risk to be worth worrying about.

If I wind up in the hospital, it is much more likely that it will be as a result of an automobile accident, a work-related mishap, or any of a number of other more mundane causes, than that the #CopronaHoax2020 virus will in any way be involved.

There are plenty of genuine dangers in life about which I could worry, if I am determined to be worried about something. It's pointless to worry about so insignificant a non-threat as the #CoronaHoax virus, no matter how determined certain degenerate elements in government and media—along with their complicit useful idiots such as yourself—are to try to scare and manipulate me with that bullshit.

Just go fuck off, and leave us grown-ups alone.

And if you end up in the hospital from an auto-accident, a work related mishap, or any number of more mundane causes.......you should get priority care of those who refuse to vaccinate and ended up in the hospital with COVID.

In many places in the US, the hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID patients, with the overwhelming majority being the unvaccinated.

If you chose not to vaccinate, you should take responsibility for the consequences of that choice. Not someone else.

No. I am taking a calculated risk. Life is a calculated risk.

Life is an uncalculable risk. It will end deadly - but no one knows when. I for example will never die but I have the plan to leave this existence here in the age of 115 - if my Lord asks me not again not to go. He's a nice guy. I don't like to let him be sad. That's why I fight for life: God is life.

I have health issues you have no idea about that I am not beholden to explain to you, nor to anyone who gives me health care, which complicates the entire matter. And to which I applied the entire common sense/personal responsibility qualifier.

So really what bothers liberals about the vaccines is that people are not In Compliance.

It needs compliance in such a case. No one is able to isolate this problem. China closed for example this days a big part of a very important harbor because of Corona - what will have additionally bad consequences in the current chaos in world trades. Sure you are able to "argue" this makes the USA "great again" - but this means specially the more poor people in the world - also the more poor people in the USA - will get problems because prices go high because of higher prices for transports.

Like in Communist China, you had to Comply so you want others to Comply too.

I don't think "blue ants" will be able to replace "blue jeans".

You want little brownie points and you want them taken away, like the good little authoritarians you are.

As I said, there's no reconciling free living with this.

With a deadly virus? You make a vaccination - problem solved, because the virus is not any longer deadly for you and not hurting you afterwards. And in the whole world every teen and adult should do so. That's the logic of the virus and not anyones "will" - except the will to survive as a species against another species, which has not even the will to survive.

Go make your communist state, we will keep America. I'm not kidding.

Funny. You are kidding.

Last edited:
We're not in Germany.

We can change this if you like. Merkel resigned. Perhaps she will overtake the USA like the Taliban overtook Afghanistan.

And the lowest vaccination rates are in Republican leaning states.

So they have to hurry to make more vaccinations. The situation in the hospitals there seems to be near this what we call here "catastrophe".

Last edited:
Very few people of any weight who are vaccinated die of COVID. Of the nearly 9000 people that died in from COVID in Texas, 43 were vaccinated. That's roughly 1/2 of 1%.

Yet you ignore this fact, ignore that 99.5% of the COVID dead are unvaccinated. The vaccine clearly protects. And if you refuse to take these common sense precautions......you should take responsibility for the consequences of that choice.

Not anyone else.

.....from stats that go back to Jan when almost no one was vaccinated.

Pull my other one

Most likely.

Evidence has never been particularly persuasive to those who engage in magical thinking.

Here is not magical thinking but rational thinking:

There is a faction of people for whom the shots are a very good bet. These are elderly and the very ill.

There is a faction of people for whom the shots are a very bad bet. These are the healthy and young.

And a sliding scale in the middle.

I think if you say the shots are terrible for EVERYONE or mandatory/great for EVERYONE--there's your magical thinking.

Forum List

Back