Planned Parenthood Affiliate DISAVOWING Margaret Sanger

satrebil

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2018
LMFAO! I cannot tell you how many times I've pointed out that Margaret Sanger was a racist eugenicist only to be attacked by leftists for "spreading lies and fringe right wing conspiracy".

Well just looky here:

Quote:

"Today, Planned Parenthood of Greater New York announced its plans to remove Margaret Sanger’s name from the Manhattan Health Center as a public commitment to reckon with its founder’s harmful connections to the eugenics movement. PPGNY also announced it is working with the Community Board, City Council and community to rename an honorary street sign that marks the “Margaret Sanger Square” at the intersection of Bleecker and Mott Streets in Manhattan.

The announcement reflects the first of many organizational shifts to address Sanger's legacy and system of institutional racism, which negatively impacts the well-being of patients, staff and PPGNY’s broader communities. The initiative is part of PPGNY’s Reviving Radical initiative - an initial three-year commitment and framework for holding long overdue dialogues and uplifting a vision for repair and transformation that communities of color and reproductive justice leaders have been calling on for decades.

“The removal of Margaret Sanger’s name from our building is both a necessary and overdue step to reckon with our legacy and acknowledge Planned Parenthood’s contributions to historical reproductive harm within communities of color,” said Karen Seltzer, Board Chair at PPGNY. Margaret Sanger’s concerns and advocacy for reproductive health have been clearly documented, but so too has her racist legacy. There is overwhelming evidence for Sanger’s deep belief in eugenic ideology, which runs completely counter to our values at PPGNY. Removing her name is an important step toward representing who we are as an organization and who we serve.”

Tee hee.

BULLSHIT----how about removing Malcolm X from everything-----that bastard was a PIMP.

Sure she was. Good for them for not wanting to honor her views. Now if those who cheer this would only understand how it's wrong to honor others who had abhorrent views in the past also we might get somewhere.

One can note what they accomplished in certain aspects of their lives and we can't really hold people in the past to current understandings but we also do not have to place them in places of honor either.

That organization took that action because, I assume, some current members felt it was the right thing to do and because some current members felt that it was politic to do so in order to continue receiving financial support.

Many ordinary people (such as I) will continue to admire her courage in promoting family planning. No longer would women have to bear unwanted children.

In this increasingly crazy country, some good people are becoming non-persons in order to satisfy groups that are constantly on the prowl looking for devils. IMHO, they will easily find them by looking in a mirror.

Many ordinary people (such as I) will continue to admire her courage in promoting family planning. No longer would women have to bear unwanted children.

"Many ordinary people (such as I) will continue to admire his courage in promoting country planning. No longer would Germany have to bear unwanted Jews."

"Many ordinary people (such as I) will continue to admire his courage in promoting country planning. No longer would Germany have to bear unwanted Jews."

The words of those who we honor with statues can be pointed out to be as bad as Sangers in many instances. They held many of the same kind of views towards people of color.

That organization took that action because, I assume, some current members felt it was the right thing to do and because some current members felt that it was politic to do so in order to continue receiving financial support.

In this increasingly crazy country, some good people are becoming non-persons in order to satisfy groups that are constantly on the prowl looking for devils. IMHO, they will easily find them by looking in a mirror.

Yes...it was noble of her to teach women that yes...killing babies was a good thing...as long as they are inconvenient, just kill them.....

The words of those who we honor with statues can be pointed out to be as bad as Sangers in many instances. They held many of the same kind of views towards people of color.

Funny how they were all members of the democrat party......

So why the problem with no longer honoring them?

I don't have a problem with removing statues of democrat party war heroes......it just needs to be done with a vote, rather than burning, looting and killing. The democrat party wants those statues down because they are trying to hide their history.

I don't have a problem with removing statues of democrat party war heroes......it just needs to be done with a vote, rather than burning, looting and killing. The democrat party wants those statues down because they are trying to hide their history.

We need to vote whether it's OK to remove something honoring a racist? Hmmmmmm, how do you suppose that vote would go in many cases?

Sure she was. Good for them for not wanting to honor her views. Now if those who cheer this would only understand how it's wrong to honor others who had abhorrent views in the past also we might get somewhere.

One can note what they accomplished in certain aspects of their lives and we can't really hold people in the past to current understandings but we also do not have to place them in places of honor either.
The whole purpose of planned Parenthood is to abort blacks out of existence. It's still working the way Margaret Sanger intended.

The whole purpose of planned Parenthood is to abort blacks out of existence. It's still working the way Margaret Sanger intended.

Do you have a problem with that?

We need to vote whether it's OK to remove something honoring a racist? Hmmmmmm, how do you suppose that vote would go in many cases?

Yes. That's how democracy works. If the vote doesn't go your way you respect the results and keep trying to win people to your cause until it does. If you think "mob justice" is an appropriate form of dissent, so be it - but bear in mind it goes both ways. I'd love to see all abortion clinics reduced to ashes, just sayin...

Yes. That's how democracy works. If the vote doesn't go your way you respect the results and keep trying to win people to your cause until it does. If you think "mob justice" is an appropriate form of dissent, so be it - but bear in mind it goes both ways. I'd love to see all abortion clinics reduced to ashes, just sayin...

If we left everything up to a vote, blacks would still be "separate but equal". Is that cool with you? The founders didn't support putting everything up to a vote which is why they created the Constitution. Do you really believe that the courts should have allowed many restrictions on say gun ownership to stand because they were voted on and passed?

LMFAO! I cannot tell you how many times I've pointed out that Margaret Sanger was a racist eugenicist only to be attacked by leftists for "spreading lies and fringe right wing conspiracy".

Well just looky here:

Quote:

"Today, Planned Parenthood of Greater New York announced its plans to remove Margaret Sanger’s name from the Manhattan Health Center as a public commitment to reckon with its founder’s harmful connections to the eugenics movement. PPGNY also announced it is working with the Community Board, City Council and community to rename an honorary street sign that marks the “Margaret Sanger Square” at the intersection of Bleecker and Mott Streets in Manhattan.

The announcement reflects the first of many organizational shifts to address Sanger's legacy and system of institutional racism, which negatively impacts the well-being of patients, staff and PPGNY’s broader communities. The initiative is part of PPGNY’s Reviving Radical initiative - an initial three-year commitment and framework for holding long overdue dialogues and uplifting a vision for repair and transformation that communities of color and reproductive justice leaders have been calling on for decades.

“The removal of Margaret Sanger’s name from our building is both a necessary and overdue step to reckon with our legacy and acknowledge Planned Parenthood’s contributions to historical reproductive harm within communities of color,” said Karen Seltzer, Board Chair at PPGNY. Margaret Sanger’s concerns and advocacy for reproductive health have been clearly documented, but so too has her racist legacy. There is overwhelming evidence for Sanger’s deep belief in eugenic ideology, which runs completely counter to our values at PPGNY. Removing her name is an important step toward representing who we are as an organization and who we serve.”

Tee hee.
Lol! Yet they feverishly continue her life’s work, unabated...

Every evil white entity in America comes from them...they've already confessed to slavery and stealing land, lets make them pay for it all and bee done with it.

If we left everything up to a vote, blacks would still be "separate but equal". Is that cool with you? The founders didn't support putting everything up to a vote which is why they created the Constitution. Do you really believe that the courts should have allowed many restrictions on say gun ownership to stand because they were voted on and passed?

An honest reading of the Constitution would make it clear that "life and liberty" applies to all. The Constitution does not grant rights, it acknowledges that those rights are inherent to all citizens and that the government is forbidden from arbitrarily taking them away. The rights are not up for debate, therefore not up to a vote. Our past disregard for those rights does not change that.

Destruction of monuments or property is not a civil rights issue and doesn't fall under Constitutional protection. Only when the democratic process has been eliminated does violence become acceptable. Nobody is stopping you from starting a referendum and voting for the removal of a public statue that you don't like. Doing an end run around the process and simply destroying things because you're "offended" opens the door for anyone else to do the same. I find Planned Parenthood deeply offensive. Should I use my vote to enact the change I want to see, or would you prefer I just start firebombing their facilities?

An honest reading of the Constitution would make it clear that "life and liberty" applies to all. The Constitution does not grant rights, it acknowledges that those rights are inherent to all citizens and that the government is forbidden from arbitrarily taking them away. The rights are not up for debate, therefore not up to a vote. Our past disregard for those rights does not change that.

"Not up for a vote". That is what I said.

Destruction of monuments or property is not a civil rights issue and doesn't fall under Constitutional protection. Only when the democratic process has been eliminated does violence become acceptable. Nobody is stopping you from starting a referendum and voting for the removal of a public statue that you don't like. Doing an end run around the process and simply destroying things because you're "offended" opens the door for anyone else to do the same. I find Planned Parenthood deeply offensive. Should I use my vote to enact the change I want to see, or would you prefer I just start firebombing their facilities?

We wouldn't be here today if so many weren't willing to ignore the constitutional violations of others. Such as when they argue that a person should simply allow a police officer to violate your rights and then fight it in the courts. A system set up to see that the poor fail. A system that routinely does to this to the poor. Over charging and then expecting you to simply plead guilty to something, guilty or not.

The destruction of statues is a reaction to a system that ignored the pleas of those who were done wrongly. The founders understood this would happen and even encouraged it.

Forum List

Back