People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

The real Original Sin, then and today, to most Christians, is based on this quote.

“For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).

Jesus seems to have wanted this to happen, as that would make us his brethren.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught and that Gnostic Christians have embraced.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

If Jesus wants us to know of good and evil, as a prerequisite to being born again as his brethren, it goes well with Jesus’ prediction as quoted above.

That may be why Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

I am not a literal reader of this myth, but this seems to make sense. It follows then that it makes sense for Adam to ignore Yahweh’s command not to gain an education.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Actually, the original sin was Adam and Eve not taking responsibility for their actions. God asked Adam if he had eaten it, and he blamed Eve. God then asked Eve why she did it, and she blamed the serpent.

The true original sin is not taking responsibility for one's own actions. I'm pretty sure that if Adam and Eve had admitted to it and asked for forgiveness instead of blaming everyone else, things would be a whole lot different today.

Maybe instead of kicking them out of the Garden, God would have been willing to teach them how to handle it, had they admitted to what they had done.

The real Original Sin, then and today, to most Christians, is based on this quote.

“For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught and that Gnostic Christians have embraced.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

If Jesus wants us to know of good and evil, as a prerequisite to being born again as his brethren, it goes well with Jesus’ prediction as quoted above.

That may be why Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

I am not a literal reader of this myth, but this seems to make sense. It follows then that it makes sense for Adam to ignore Yahweh’s command not to gain an education.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

I'd rather be my own DOG....

that way I could be my own best friend!

This is so grossly out of context as to be damn near a quote from Satan himself ... oh wait ...

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

-- Genesis ch 3

That is a goddam quote from Satan ...

I named thee God of the cherry pickers ... hollow be thy name ... yeesh ...

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Allen Watts isn’t a Gnostic Christian. :lol:

Neither are you.

This is so grossly out of context
I agree! The presumption that people want to be their own God is also questionable. How many people are so thoroughly independent they plant and harvest their own food, provide their own roadways and transportation, are their own medical caregiver, etc. I would argue the clear evidence that people do not even want to be their own God is that we all set up governments to take care of us--and those others.

We are our own Gods. Made in his/their image. You still have to answer to The Boss

Which boss?

Not that genocidal demiurge Yahweh I hope. That would be like accepting Hitler as boss. Right?

Regards
DL

Actually, the original sin was Adam and Eve not taking responsibility for their actions. God asked Adam if he had eaten it, and he blamed Eve. God then asked Eve why she did it, and she blamed the serpent.

The true original sin is not taking responsibility for one's own actions. I'm pretty sure that if Adam and Eve had admitted to it and asked for forgiveness instead of blaming everyone else, things would be a whole lot different today.

Maybe instead of kicking them out of the Garden, God would have been willing to teach them how to handle it, had they admitted to what they had done.

I basically disagree. All A & E did was fill in the blanks with the truth.

Your own bible exonerates Eve so you are contradicting your own tradition.

Was Satan/talking serpent put in Eden by god without a purpose? Not likely so to blame her or Eve for following god's plan would be false, especially as you sing od Adam's sin being necessary to god's plan.

Would you not eat and derail god's plan?

Regards
DL

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

I'd rather be my own DOG....

that way I could be my own best friend!

I can see why you lack one.

Regards
DL

This is so grossly out of context as to be damn near a quote from Satan himself ... oh wait ...

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

-- Genesis ch 3

That is a goddam quote from Satan ...

I named thee God of the cherry pickers ... hollow be thy name ... yeesh ...

You mean Satan herself. Have you never seen the Vatican's expulsion painting?

You are a strange person if you think men have breasts like those.

Gen; 3,22 And the LORD God said: 'Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil;

That is a goddam quote from Yahweh

Care to read the whole story before putting your other foot in your mouth?

Regards
DL

This is so grossly out of context
I agree! The presumption that people want to be their own God is also questionable. How many people are so thoroughly independent they plant and harvest their own food, provide their own roadways and transportation, are their own medical caregiver, etc. I would argue the clear evidence that people do not even want to be their own God is that we all set up governments to take care of us--and those others.

Are you an evolving creature subject to the laws of evolution and nature?

Do you not want to be the fittest?

many are called by few have what it takes to be the fittest. The less fit, as you seem to know, will just follow whoever offers security while demanding submission, in the case of Islam, or obedience in the case of Christianity.

Do you want to be one of the many or one of the few?

BTW, I am my own god and guide and know to go to a doctor as his expertise should be taken advantage of.

Being your own god is just being your own man or woman and growing up while putting away the things of children.

Supernatural and defective thinking.

Regards
DL

Being your own god is just being your own man or woman and growing up while putting away the things of children.

You must live a dull existence if you've put away the things of children ... do you have children? ... do you never sit and play with them? ... what do these mysterious "laws of evolution" say about children? ... do mommy cats play kitten games with their litter? ... do baby red foxes "attack" and "pounce" their mommy's big bushy tail? ...

God created The Sudan, what a childish thing to do, He did laugh about it, which is even more childish ... I'm not saying you're not a god in your own mind, just that no one agrees with you ... oh, you might want to actually learn about evolution, especially as applied to social animals ... co-operation requires a certain level of humility, which is selected for in humans ...

Gen; 3,22 And the LORD God said: 'Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil;

Yup.

That is what the biblical god says, and, of course, there are some variants, specially in the percent amount of that kind of knowledge in each descendant of Adam and Eve.

In your case, for example, due to severe mutations, there is not a balanced proportion but your lack of good reveals you only know evil.

You must live a dull existence if you've put away the things of children ... do you have children? ... do you never sit and play with them? ... what do these mysterious "laws of evolution" say about children? ... do mommy cats play kitten games with their litter? ... do baby red foxes "attack" and "pounce" their mommy's big bushy tail? ...

God created The Sudan, what a childish thing to do, He did laugh about it, which is even more childish ... I'm not saying you're not a god in your own mind, just that no one agrees with you ... oh, you might want to actually learn about evolution, especially as applied to social animals ... co-operation requires a certain level of humility, which is selected for in humans ...

Humility is overrated. It shows one unsure of his position.

If you need supernatural thinking, which I highlighted as poor thinking, and you ignored, then be humble in that foolishness.

Evolution tries to push you to be the fittest and that is one who lives in reality and not some supernatural mythical imaginary world.

Regards
DL

Yup.

That is what the biblical god says, and, of course, there are some variants, specially in the percent amount of that kind of knowledge in each descendant of Adam and Eve.

In your case, for example, due to severe mutations, there is not a balanced proportion but your lack of good reveals you only know evil.

If you think I can only know Yin/evil without knowing the Yang/good of a thing, you ignore the wisdom of the scribes in showing the duality of the world we live in and the knowledge of good and evil.

I admit that my criminal mind and delinquent attitude taught me evil early in life, but to think I did not know the opposite is rather unintelligent.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back